Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are Your Expectations For Warframe?

Heya Tenno!

My my...  how far we have come?  In the past 2 years I've seen this game go from small handful of Warframes, a dozen weapons and one tileset, to much much more.

Not that I want to scare the devs at all, but with the growth I've seen in the past 2 years I feel like they're only about 35-40% done with this game and there's much more coming.  (Remember these are my feels only, not based on any proof or official words.)  I don't mean this in a negative way.  I see them introducing new things and ideas each month, and I figure there's a good 4-5 more years of life in this game (at least?), hence my estimate.

I'm at a couple thousand hours on steam and honestly I don't raid/hardcore every night, but I'm still happy to fire up Warframe to play a few games and say hi to my friends.

I'd like to hear more about your expectations for Warframe.  (You negative folks please be constructive, this isn't meant to be a dev bashing thread.)  Also, I would like to know how many % you feel the game is "done" and what kind of things you expect to see in the future.  (and I mean "expect" in a positive way, not the entitled/demanding way.)

Myself?  I don't really have any demands or requests for Warframe, as I supported this game shortly after Open Beta enthusiastically and believing in what the developers/artists are doing with Warframe, and so I trust them every month to deliver something cool for me to enjoy.  It's been working out quite well for me actually and I have my opinions of course, but overall I'm a lot happier that Warframe exists in my life vs. if it did not.

=)

Please discuss!

PvP to be a replayable as games like battlefield and COD.

RAIDS for every planet. Raids for specific characters in the universe. EX. Darvo raid, Maroo raid, Stalkery raid, Lotus raid

Mini bosses more frequent

Archwing and normal game type flow together like peanut butter and jelly

Edited by rechot

My opinion is this game was done when they released the closed/open beta stage and this game constantly could improve because this is an mmo title so it should be constant grow to keep it's playerbase.

If the devs can fix some old issue, includes bugs, bad mechanics if they could lower the grind factor, then this game could live long at last long like wow. A game always can live enough if their devs and playerbase care enough to keeping the game alive like runescape, that game is a good example how long can a game grow and live and not seems any harm to happen in other ways.

This game could be turn a mobalike/pokemon/collecting game which includes fun in traces to killing mobs. I don't want to be negative but not seems this game want to jump too high and change some old bad mechanic which ruin the gameplay. They need also generate money somehow so they cannot just jump into a big project and redo all what they already done and their business mans also don't want change their policy until the game prosper enough.    

They'll actually fix the grind and balance issues sometime near the end of this year, and a massive amount of people will leave as the face of Warframe changes overnight. It will bring in more players who actually care, though, and by 2017 it should be out of beta.

35-40% done sounds about right, but there are going to be major setbacks as some of the game's fundamental systems change, so it'll take a while.

Edited by TheBrsrkr

Well I'm just going to copy and paste from my profile what I think should be done to improve the game...

-Prime Mods are the worst thing to happen to Warframe.

-Ability Augments should not exist. They should be balanced and applied to Prime Frames.

-Reskinned weapons should be skins offering a buff to stats and not an actual new weapon. (A pre-thought out weapon tech tree would've been ideal though.)

Edited by Lanieu

I've been hoping for a detailed balance and retool pass on frames since U9. Given up hope since then honestly. I feel like the game's reaching too far all at once. I'd like to see small, very focused patches that make content and quality far better instead of making a v1 of a new module, only to wait a year or two and retooling it.

Well I'm just going to copy and paste from my profile what I think should be done to improve the game...

-Prime Mods are the worst thing to happen to Warframe.

-Ability Augments should not exist. They should be balanced and applied to Prime Frames.

-Reskinned weapons should be skins offering a buff to stats and not an actual new weapon. (A pre-thought out weapon tech tree would've been ideal though.)

Agree with the first and second, hate your last idea :D

My only hope is that at a point EVERY weapon will be useful (and not some stupid mastery folder)

And same for mods, all mods useful and balanced.

I couldn't care less for the rest.

PvP to be a replayable as games like battlefield and COD.

RAIDS for every planet. Raids for specific characters in the universe. EX. Darvo raid, Maroo raid, Stalkery raid, Lotus raid

Mini bosses more frequent

Archwing and normal game type flow together like peanut butter and jelly

Pretty much this.

-Redoing mission type gameplay so that objectives are actually interesting.

-A vast, lore-packed Origin system that feels like a living, albeit dysfunctional organism.

-Syndicate expansions.

-Relays actually being space skyscrapers and not just a minuscule lobby.

-Playstyles of all kinds encouraged; one man can use a loot cave, another man can play stealth-heavy and neither will be at a disadvantage.

-More interesting tilesets on the moons and lesser planetoids of the Origin system.

-PVP having both a pick-up-and-play quality and a more dedicated and tactical portion (Dark Sectors, Conclave 1.0) with a massive amount of gamemodes.

-A grind that somehow manages to remain engaging and just the proper length.

I think that Warframe will come out of closed beta when the core elements of the game are generally clean and don't hinder the player or make them bored - when everything is nice and pretty and polished and 2.0'ed and no-one has scaling problems or has to farm Draco to get a sense of progression. De does, of course, continue to release entirely new content, and that's okay, I have no problem with that. I guess I have absolutely no idea where the game can go after things are all in order beyond up - more raids, more mission types, more tilesets, more lore...

Yeah. I say we'll see full release, something that can be left to its own devices but sustain itself for years on end, sometime in 2017. After that DE will probably just keep on adding content to the game till... I don't know. I don't know where we go beyond up.

Edited by S.T.M.P.D

A procedural system that challenges me and keeps me interested.

i really hope i can hold out until the sentients and new star chart comes. Knowing myself, once i take a break from a game,its hard to get back into.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Challenges like what? 

just more difficulty. 

for example, there should be missions that START at wave 40 difficulty.  

Its not only that, its also the fact that no one plays difficult nodes unless theyre grinding a defense for xp. So we have a bunch of difficult nodes, that no one even plays or give no real reason to go there.

Hey there :)

I'm quite happy with the pace at which the content is coming,(plus the bugs)

although I've almost got all that is available to me at this time. (weapons/frames/pets, etc)

Overall though this game IMO is awesome, has tons of content and replay value, especially for the newer players,

to whom it may seem daunting the amount of stuff that is able to be acquired or bought.

I think Warframe as it stands has a lot more to offer and is about 25% done.

I also think that there should be phased quality control between Updates, to polish bugs, address known issues and such.

This way there should be no, well known issues or long running bugs.

I also know quite a few newer players that are not very well informed of the wiki,

and I feel this is an important thing that could be implemented into the game in some form.

Could be the difference between a newer player hitting a brick wall, or going right thru it with great success, I mean who doesn't like more info?

Just my 2 pence.

Peace out Tenno :)

Also my guess was 35-40%, do you think I'm waaay off?  About right?  I'd love to know why.

Sounds about right and I honestly hope you are right. I love the feeling of knowing that things can change so much and that so many things are possible in the future. I find this aspect of Warframe to be one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game since something new is always happening or things are changing. 

just more difficulty. 

for example, there should be missions that START at wave 40 difficulty.  

Its not only that, its also the fact that no one plays difficult nodes unless theyre grinding a defense for xp. So we have a bunch of difficult nodes, that no one even plays or give no real reason to go there.

Well there's a problem with that too.  That's artificial difficulty I mean the "LVL 100 enemies" with more armor, HP, weapon strength, and perhaps slightly faster movement speed? are still all using the same mechanics.  So that's not real difficulty.

They tried to increase difficulty by introducing the manics, but those dudes are just cheap rather than difficult, I mean sure...  what's the most difficult target in a shooting game?  something that teleports randomly and sporadically of course...

I'd like to see an emphasis on "weak spots" proving greater damage bonuses, and instead of temporary invincibility phases, literally having the enemies run out of fire and find cover or raise shields, cover their faces, etc.  I mean that would make them feel more real instead of virtual cannon fodder in a shooting gallery for space ninjas.  XD

Edited by sushidubya

Wow.  Thank you all for sharing your thoughts!

Please help to edit/update your replies with a number % of how much of the game feels "done" to you!

Also my guess was 35-40%, do you think I'm waaay off?  About right?  I'd love to know why.

=)

Warframe, as it stands, feels 60% to 65% done to me.  The mod system needs another revamp as several mods (both frame and weapon) are never used.  Archwing needs more synergy with the running'n'gunning found in the general game.  And Relays need to become more vital to the general day-to-day Warframe experience.

The list goes on....

Agree with the first and second, hate your last idea :D

My only hope is that at a point EVERY weapon will be useful (and not some stupid mastery folder)

And same for mods, all mods useful and balanced.

I couldn't care less for the rest.

Here's a post I made about it where the notion is more fleshed-out. Generally well-received.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/463024-im-getting-sick-of-reskinned-weapons-rendering-everything-before-it-obsolete/

My expectations of WF

1) Dedicated servers for players to connect to instead of player hosted games would reduce alot of latency and DC issues (thought this might be a bit out of line with reality cause WF is f2p and not p2p)

2) Challenging mission types and intuitive boss fights instead of artificial difficulty ala Bullet sponging bosses and enemies. Instead of quantity of enemies, why not focus on quality of the enemies and AI. 

3)  PVP 2.0 as it stands is pretty sub par, I worked hard to rank up my gear and rank up my warframe and customized the load out to my play style just to have it nerfed to the ground if I was to play the current PVP. Old star chart conclave is better than the new PVP, at least you were able to bring the load out that you wanted to into the fight. 

4) Match making systems to match you with players in your skill bracket. This in turn will scale the difficulty of the mission based on how geared you and your squad mates are. Would also be helpful when queing for PVP to place you with players in the same tier, so you don't have geared players stomping on under geared players.

5) Lore would be nice. 

But all in all WF is a great F2P game, for what it is I love it and can't get enough of it. Though brakes are needed time to time to refresh the love for the game. As they say distance makes the heart grow fond xP

Well there's a problem with that too.  That's artificial difficulty I mean the "LVL 100 enemies" with more armor, HP, weapon strength, and perhaps slightly faster movement speed? are still all using the same mechanics.  So that's not real difficulty.

They tried to increase difficulty by introducing the manics, but those dudes are just cheap rather than difficult, I mean sure...  what's the most difficult target in a shooting game?  something that teleports randomly and sporadically of course...

I'd like to see an emphasis on "weak spots" proving greater damage bonuses, and instead of temporary invincibility phases, literally having the enemies run out of fire and find cover or raise shields, cover their faces, etc.  I mean that would make them feel more real instead of virtual cannon fodder in a shooting gallery for space ninjas.  XD

if you are whining about the manic, then we just disagree on things.

Wave 40 enemies are fine to me. the difficulty doesnt feel artificial to me at that point. They dont soak up too much damage, and they deal enough to feel like a threat.

So we have a bunch of difficult nodes, that no one even plays or give no real reason to go there.

Please point me to said nodes so I can go hone my skills. Currently to pose a challenge for my self I run Kiste solo with unorthodox frames and or go melee with said unorthodox frames.

if you are whining about the manic, then we just disagree on things.

Wave 40 enemies are fine to me. the difficulty doesnt feel artificial to me at that point. They dont soak up too much damage, and they deal enough to feel like a threat.

Bah...  I'm not whining about anything.  I haven't disrepected you at all, so please refrain from trying to belittle me by characterizing me that way.

Increasing numbers and stats on both sides of the Tenno and our enemies is just a matter of who has the bigger gun or HP.  I want to be encouraged to aim in between their eyes, or shoot their knees.  I want the enemies to behave like they have instincts and/or reflexes, even tactics of their own.  If they run and hide and make me hunt for them, cool.  If they lead me to a spot where they have backup to ambush me even better.  You get my drift.

I mean..   So what if we start at wave 40?  Then the match ends faster, when our damage/hp/shields fall off?  Or those who have grinded further in either collecting credits, cores or mods (or even those of us who've opened our wallets more on trade chat.) can go further, doing the same old thing wave after wave?  The mechanics are still the same.

Anyways, you've stated what your expectations for the game are and we're going off topic.  All in all, asking to skip 40 waves but give us higher HP and level enemies right away is just as simple as introducing T5 void, etc.  I expect much more from the devs than that.  In my opinion boosting both us and the enemies to further and further levels is just lazy development.  I understand that in an action shooter with RPG elements why we have different level/tier enemies, but I have faith that DE is more clever than that and that alone.

Edited by sushidubya