Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Grakata Recoil

JuanDeages

Honestly, if this weapon could have lower recoil with the Prisma version, it would have far more usability. It already deals low damage per shot, why does it need to kick this hard? I love how it looks and sounds, but the recoil is just unreasonable.

Critical delay destroys its DPS, and it really needs a mutation to maintain its ammo as is.

Oh, you are one of THESE people. Guess you use raw +90% elemental mods instead of event ones, because the latter "destroy its DPS"?

Edited by Mofixil

If you can't handle the Grakata, stay out of the Galleon.

But seriously, the kickback is something you just learn to compensate for after a while. Speed trigger it and multishot it, give the enemies tiny 1-second brrraps to the face to kill them and not only will you experience less recoil, but your ammo economy will improve too.

tumblr_npweh4IIDi1sujc3eo1_540.png

Oh, you are one of THESE people. Guess you use raw +90% elemental mods instead of event ones, because the latter "destroy its DPS"?

Do you even understand how much critical delay cuts damage on a RoF based weapon, vs deciding to use a 60% over a 90%? Clearly not, or you would have never made the comparison. 60% dual stats are fine. Critical delay causes a loss of half the weapons potential dps.

Edited by JuanDeages

If you can't handle the Grakata, stay out of the Galleon.

But seriously, the kickback is something you just learn to compensate for after a while. Speed trigger it and multishot it, give the enemies tiny 1-second brrraps to the face to kill them and not only will you experience less recoil, but your ammo economy will improve too.

tumblr_npweh4IIDi1sujc3eo1_540.png

I'm trying to figure this things recoil pattern, but it moves from side to side sometimes which throws me for a loop.

Do you even understand how much critical delay cuts damage on a RoF based weapon, vs deciding to use a 60% over a 90%? Clearly not, or you would have never made the comparison. 60% dual stats are fine. Critical delay causes a loss of half the weapons potential dps.

On the other hand, you don't miss as many bullets due to lesser recoil and lower spread (as Grakata has seemingly ever increasing spread when firing, until spread increase per shot reaches equilibrium with spread decrease).

You get much higher paper DPS, but how much you lose practically? Critdelay solves the problem of recoil, spread and ammo efficiency. It's a nobrainer if you ask me.

Edited by Mofixil

On the other hand, you don't miss as many bullets due to lesser recoil and lower spread (as Grakata has seemingly ever increasing spread when firing, until spread increase per shot reaches equilibrium with spread decrease).

You get much higher paper DPS, but how much you lose practically? Critdelay solves the problem with recoil, spread and ammo efficiency. It's a nobrainer if you ask me.

It depends. Sometimes you need to have the raw burst to deal with something up close, at range critical delay is ok, but it basically forces burst fire RoF on you, all the time.

It depends. Sometimes you need to have the raw burst to deal with something up close, at range critical delay is ok, but it basically forces burst fire RoF on you, all the time.

I put on Shred for punch through and it practically counters the Critical Delay (fire rate is still a bit lower than default though)

I'm trying to figure this things recoil pattern, but it moves from side to side sometimes which throws me for a loop.

It's not much different from the regular Grakata then. Starts to pull up, then just sprays wherever it wants because it feels like it.

Short, controlled bursts to their faces or center mass, then if you feel it pulling anywhere but upwards (where it'll shortly rip into their face if you opted to go for a chest-shot for whatever reason), simply let go of the trigger and readjust.

Only suggesting this because Stabilizer means taking off a more useful mod and it takes the fun out of the gun.

Honestly, if this weapon could have lower recoil with the Prisma version, it would have far more usability. It already deals low damage per shot, why does it need to kick this hard? I love how it looks and sounds, but the recoil is just unreasonable.

Recoil is what I love about grakata

It already has reduced recoil compared to the normal version, just not zero recoil like the Somas.

My best advice would be to burst-fire and aim for the head.  It's not original, but unless you want to use Stabilizer (and you've made it clear you don't want to) there's not much else.  DE's not going to change the recoil especially since it's already reduced.