Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Double Jump Footaaaage![Wip]

unknow99

Dont see the point of a short secondary jump when there are a few ways to get up there already.

I guess, offering options is good but does moving really need THAT many options?

The options you´re talking about are momentum based. Double jump doesn´t have momentum so it can change direction without any momentum. Two total different movement approaches.

You can argue if it´s really necessary but than also consider this post from Steve in the same tweet:

//Looks neat, sadly it will be obsolete when a player zoom's by with his leet coptering.

-This is changing too though

//So would this be a mod that you put on?

-no mods - goal is to replace wall run & existing system with wall dash, wall jump, double jump"

//Dude, you can directional attack to that spot from the first position you were in.

-indeed, but coptering as mobility is changing...

Edited by VoidNomade

This is getting a lot more "casualized" than before, stamina removal will be the start of that.

stamina has nothing to do with casual stuff.

it doesn't even do anything to this day.

there's no set backs from it because of how we can just fling and copter. 

the only thing is that we can't run forever, which just makes missions slower. which is why we copter. 

Edited by Vesiga

The options you´re talking about are momentum based. Double jump doesn´t have momentum so it can change direction without any momentum. Two total different movement approaches.

Jump\side is the only momentum-based one. Swing flinging with your weapon just requires you to jump and launching off the wall is just pressing the jump button.

You can argue if it´s really necessary but than also consider this post from Steve in the same tweet:

//Looks neat, sadly it will be obsolete when a player zoom's by with his leet coptering.

-This is changing too though

//So would this be a mod that you put on?

-no mods - goal is to replace wall run & existing system with wall dash, wall jump, double jump"

//Dude, you can directional attack to that spot from the first position you were in.

-indeed, but coptering as mobility is changing...

Coptering isnt really part of this discussion because the video is obviously showing vertical movement and, unless i seriously missed something, coptering is just launching forward.

He mentions wall jump still being there so that option is there.

Anyone asked him and weapons swing fling? Cause if that stays and we still have jump slide....we are back to my main point.

Why so many options of movement.

I loved Parkour back in the day because there were several parts of the game that used parkour and parkour was the only way to used those areas.

Then i guess because of lag or something they ended up removing those areas. DE then went on to make coptering a feature on all weapons and added weapon swing fling.

Now DE is added yet another vertical movement type while never actually going back to add parkour sections.

Dont really understand what they are going for with this.

It's nice that it's there but i dont see the need for it.

stamina has nothing to do with casual stuff.

it doesn't even do anything to this day.

there's no set backs from it because of how we can just fling and copter. 

the only thing is that we can't run forever, which just makes missions slower. which is why we copter. 

Scott clearly said in the previous stream ( the one before the last one) that stamina was out because people who didnt know how to copter would just lag behind.

So the argument that this is happening to make the game more casual does have some weight to it.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Would you mind showing us some examples of proper parkour and double jumping?

Just try running around and jumping objects, you will see what happens. People that post parkour videos already have course presets, and they know what to expect. Also, they are making their jumps a bit over the top and flashy, for the sake of forma.

You can´t just address a situation right now and say we don´t need that when in fact it could be that this is a needed movement skill in 2.0.

Like they said, Coptering/Flinging will change.

Not saying we dont need that. Im asking why another option when there are several already in game that can cover what we just saw. 

The stuff you posted just covered coptering which is not part of this conversation.

Again, the option is nice, but why so many.

With what we have now there reaaaaally better have some fundamental changes for this little double jump to have that much of an impact.

We better see some boss fights that implement this or something to that effect.

I guess the Regor fight looks like it has many levels. Maybe thats where they are going to put it to use.

Dont see the point of a short secondary jump when there are a few ways to get up there already.

I guess, offering options is good but does moving really need THAT many options?

Currently? The double jump isn't that necessary. Wall actions & dodges overhaul however...

Super Smash Frame, is coming true.

Graaah another guy reminding me that Warframe & Nintendo isn't a thing! Have you guys done a meeting or what? >.<

Currently? The double jump isn't that necessary. Wall actions & dodges overhaul however...

Graaah another guy reminding me that Warframe & Nintendo isn't a thing! Have you guys done a meeting or what? >.<

Now if they replaced the double jump with say a wall spring AKA chun li style, i wouldnt have a problem with it.

To be honest, to me the double jump mechanic doesn't fit this game at all.

This ain't Devil May Cry, it just looks out of place.

My thoughts exactly. Not to mention, this double jump WIP in particular looks like it was taken straight out of Smash Bros.

I think the intention behind this isn't for it to be something to use regularly (though by god people will find a way) but rather a "oh crap, misjudged that" nudge to help you out of a mistake. Didn't quite have the height to make that jump over the pit? This'll help keep you in the game. Weren't quite up to the wall to start running on it? This'll get you onto it.

Plus there's a case to be made for it being incomplete. I'm hoping for a slight energy node flash upon activating it to give a "okay, they're tapping into their Tenno power to help them out here" sot of explanation to it.

Plus there's a case to be made for it being incomplete. I'm hoping for a slight energy node flash upon activating it to give a "okay, they're tapping into their Tenno power to help them out here" sot of explanation to it.

Troll_a5d630_1361325.jpg

Troll_a5d630_1361325.jpg

"that hellscape where our science and reason failed"

It'd the void! I ain't gotta explain S#&amp;&#036;!

Well, unless one follows my train of thought that it's acting like a small bit of propulsion, pushing the Tenno up further with a force energy wave, but I ain't GOTTA explain S#&amp;&#036;!