Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Rework [Megathread]

Djangofett

i think that his 4 shouldn't make him wield the sword, but add the effect to his mele, so he can still shoot

I don't think it would. Its probably going to work like Valkyr's Hysteria. Currently equipped melee damage Multiplied.

I don't think it would. Its probably going to work like Valkyr's Hysteria. Currently equipped melee damage Multiplied.

As long as the weapon looks like the energy-sword thing from radial javelin, im all for it!

Edited by Sorez

well if it were like that then he'd have to either heal or be immortal when using it (unless it's a toggle, then i'm all for it), but if it's anything like hysteria, then it will be a dumb copy or a better version and one frame will be obsolete.

Why don't we add a hefty damage resistance, and make it so his attack speed and damage increases with damage influx!

Also DE please:

NO PAUSE COMBOS! 

PLEASE! OR BACK COMBOS!

PLEASE!

When I see these two dreaded types.....

I crie everi tiem ;_;

Edited by Evanescent

well if it were like that then he'd have to either heal or be immortal when using it (unless it's a toggle, then i'm all for it), but if it's anything like hysteria, then it will be a dumb copy or a better version and one frame will be obsolete.

It can be toggle'able. They already said this.

Why don't we add a hefty damage resistance, and make it so his attack speed and damage increases with damage influx!

Also DE please:

NO PAUSE COMBOS! 

PLEASE! OR BACK COMBOS!

PLEASE!

When I see these two dreaded types.....

I crie everi tiem ;_;

What's wrong with pause or back combos? they're not hard to pull off, and I prefer back arrow combos over forward arrow combos because it's annoying to do the default combo vs the forward combo while charging 'foward' into the enemy... an easy workaround is to just hold the right click button while meleeing... if the weapon doesn't have a right click combo.

What I really do want though is for Excalibur's new Ultimate stance to not have as rigid animations as Valkyr's Hysteria. Because Hysteria has this rigidity to it you can't turn your Warframe very easily while doing non-default combos with Hysteria (and any other weapon stance in the game allows you to turn normally). The only workaround for Hysteria is to turn on the option of autoaiming which I don't like.

What's wrong with pause or back combos? they're not hard to pull off, and I prefer back arrow combos over forward arrow combos because it's annoying to do the default combo vs the forward combo while charging 'foward' into the enemy... an easy workaround is to just hold the right click button while meleeing... if the weapon doesn't have a right click combo.

What I really do want though is for Excalibur's new Ultimate stance to not have as rigid animations as Valkyr's Hysteria. Because Hysteria has this rigidity to it you can't turn your Warframe very easily while doing non-default combos with Hysteria (and any other weapon stance in the game allows you to turn normally). The only workaround for Hysteria is to turn on the option of autoaiming which I don't like.

Everything is wrong with those kinds of combos. In the intense heat of a battle, Its quite irritating when you have to focus on button mashing times instead why not just implement a better mechanism. Combos that doesn't use just 1 key.

They are doable all right.

Just not very fluid, smooth and workable. They feel awkward. 

Say I am being gunned down and need that high damage combo to wipe enemies.

Do I really have the mindset to pause, mash, pause? Even If I do....th melee input system ques the button presses and stops me doing the combo due to a few extra key strokes.

Which is not what I want from his combos.

I want it to be like Tempo Royale:

Easily doable, panic button combo with sexy CC? Check.

Pause combo for looking awesome and calm tactical charge? Check.

Back button combo for tricky massive hit? Check.

You see? :)

Also hold back combos are weird. They make your frame go diagonally askew for some reason. I tried.

Everything is wrong with those kinds of combos. In the intense heat of a battle, Its quite irritating when you have to focus on button mashing times instead why not just implement a better mechanism. Combos that doesn't use just 1 key.

I'm a big fan of games like DMC, Bayonetta, etc... hack n slashes in general... I don't know what it's like to come from a non-hack n' slash gamer background. But I don't find any combo a problem, even if I'm 40+ minutes into survival and I have Fury and full Berserker stacks.

But the combos and how they're inputted (especially the pause combos) come from Hack n' Slash games. So, the problems and challenge of those games will be here in Warframe in those same combos, including being unable to do non-default combos in an intense situation.

Actually the only problem I have is the Glaive's been designed to throw the Glaive after holding down the melee key... But if you get your attack speed way ramped up, simply holding down the melee button isn't enough and you have to tap melee once and then hold down the button to get the Glaive to launch - I guess this shows what happens when you try to mix the old Charge system with Melee 2.0.

Edited by Tyrannawn

I honestly feel a long sword style would be quite interesting. That being said, I have been enjoying the radiant finish mod a lot now. Nothing like one shorting high level heavy gunners with a nikana :P

Edited by BlueFalcon13

i hope his new energy sword isnt TOO European greatsword-ish. I like the eastern styled Skana. i hope its more of a combination of Skana and greatsword.

Eh.. He's Excalbur, as in, from the UK... Don't think he's going to have an asian greatsword to swing round and round.

i agree for pause combos (and also for hold ones), but just like the with the  forward and rmb combos you can just hold s and spam e for back combos