The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Rework [Megathread]

Djangofett

Here's a cooler version

t8DzUHB.gif

For 100 energy, limited rage attack that destroys all in front of you. It's too similar to many other abilities who do the same thing but Aoe.

I think it'd be better if it was a charge (Say 100?) which allows you to use it as long as you keep your melee drawn refilling with kills, less with connecting hits but drains away when idle. (the drain would increase over time, to prevent perma mode unless there's a ton of enemies)

But this ties in with Valk too much, so most likely at best we'd have a stationary multislash waves, either standing or in the air.

Due to slash dash having the ability to cancel early and keep the melee weapon out, following up with enhanced wave attacks would be cool.

Is this from Fate/Zero or Unlimited Budget Blade Works? 

Fate/Zero it's written everywhere.

Edited by xFrostKnightx

Says the Xbox One player with 7 posts. You haven't even been here long enough to see what "random" people have said about the ability.

What an entirely unneeded response. I have seen founders with less posts. Him being a xbox player means nothing. Someone pee'd in your cereal today. 

On topic the removal of super jump. It was about to be made outdated with movement 2.0 better to remove it sooner then later.

The rework sounds pretty good and will finally make excal the melee frame he is supposed to be...well hopefully.

Hysteria...

With energy sword waves.

Sephiroth length?... hmmm i duno

BUT AS AN EXCAL MAIN... THIS SOUNDS AWESOME

IF HE USES NORMAL SLASHES THAT SENDS OUT WAVES THAT PIERCE... THEN GAWD THIS IS A REWORK GG

So i did some glitching This is basically what the new ult will look like?

1Zsvmvm.jpg?2

I hope they change up the sword design at least a bit, not that i don't love the skana actually I don't but i'd rather see some other weapon instead of it.

~You gotta imagine the karyst not being there~ :P

i going to said that we should receive our good old excal rework at U17.

I don't think that making a whole new set of move + animation + create a new looking (unique) sword + all the coding to do + working on other pressing matter can be done in one or 2 weeks.

Don't forget that even if they seem to love each other, we are speaking of human being here, there can be strife between them.

Can someone tell me exactly where they got the ability descriptions? The time stamp

53:30

i going to said that we should receive our good old excal rework at U17.

I don't think that making a whole new set of move + animation + create a new looking (unique) sword + all the coding to do + working on other pressing matter can be done in one or 2 weeks.

Don't forget that even if they seem to love each other, we are speaking of human being here, there can be strife between them.

True but who said that there is only 1 to 2 weeks left for 16.5? I bet there is around a whole month and half left for 16.5.

If it's anything like Valkyr's caws it's likely going to be very strong

Yeah it all depends on mechanic that's behind it. Hysteria can do crazy amount of dmg if moded right and whit right weapon can one shot any lv80 whit a finisher save for Eximus lv80 and even then 2 or 3 finishers and Eximus = dead . Add "War Cry" and your moving ball of immortal, deadly fury.

I love what are they doing to Excalibur he became such a boring frame over the years I can't wait to test him in his new paint.

Super Jump felt lacking :/

I don't mind it being taken out it was fun using it sometimes... like actually using it as mobility. For the lulz. But i always used coptering against it... AND MY FAVE!! RADIAL BLIND CAST-ABLE WHILE MOVING!

I can feel it....

*Excal runs...

*Excal throws a dull ball

*Excal activates EXCALIBUR ULTRA MODE

*Said ball radiates and goes BOOM!

*Enemies blinded AND Gets REKT WITH ULT!

I would have been happy with them finally just changing the way slash dash works and removing super jump...

But the fact they are seriously going all in with a completely new ult has me hyped up like crazy, more than any event has.

I'm ready DE, let me wield my energy swords already!