The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Semi-Auto, Auto Pistols-Do They Need An Ammo Buff?

Evanescent

I always thought 210 ammo is pretty low for a secondary. It should be somewhat less than your primary but less than 50% is pretty drastic difference. Something like 375 rounds I think might be appropriate. 

Ammo consumption is a whole nother can of worms, that's do to with the ammo pickups giving a flat amount of ammo regardless of what weapon you have. But there is are mods to address that: pistol ammo mutation and pistol ammo scavenger. 

Part of the problem is that high fire rate weapons are for some reason always given low base damage, which is not at all true or accurate. This puts these weapons at a double disadvantage and into a huge hole you have to try and mod out of. If it's a crit weapon, I understand the low base damage, but when it has 5% crit, it shouldn't have super low damage.

I think it was done to try and even out DPS between weapons, (Slow fire rate + high damage) equals the same DPS as (high fire rate + low damage.) However, the high fire rate always consumes way more ammo and that being a big disadvantage is why so many high fire rate weapons go unused. 

I think high fire rate weapons base damage should be brought up, so that their disadvantage comes only from worrying about ammo consumption and not worrying about both ammo and low damage. The low damage just exacerbates the ammo consumption problem farther. Traditionally high fire rate weapons have less accuracy and more recoil, but not less damage.

Edited by weezedog

Bringing all automatic pistol ammo pools up to 375-400 would be a nice QoL change, although ammo economy in general could use some looking at. Rifle and pistol ammo economy in particular tends to range from "never run out of ammo" to "god awful" due to how broad their range of weapon types is.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

How about, just give all guns 10 mags of ammunition as reserve, and have each box of ammo restore half a mag. How's get ammo rounded to 75 arrows. Now everyone is on a somewhat level playing field in terms of ammo availability, and ammo scales better.

How about, just give all guns 10 mags of ammunition as reserve, and have each box of ammo restore half a mag. How's get ammo rounded to 75 arrows. Now everyone is on a somewhat level playing field in terms of ammo availability, and ammo scales better.

To balanced plz Nerf DE

Yeah I'd like to see their reserve ammo upped a bit - I enjoy running around doing an entire mission with my Aksomati, etc and it's kind of frustrating that you'll have to swap back to melee/primary at multiple points because ammo just won't hold out. 

Also - should DE consider removing all the spare ammo mods? Are those even used by any weapons ever? 

Edited by Crackseed