Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Detron Crewman] This Guy Needs A Nerf Badly.

Asdryu

There's just nothing else to say. This is the most ridiculous enemy in the game, even the stalker has less DPS than this guy.

Close or mid range, it doesn't matter. Stamina, shields and health, all of them in once will get a serious hit in 2-4 seconds straight and it's not an high tier enemy. What seriously is the odd of that? It's especially a big obstacle for people who started the game and have no way to replenish their healths.

Everytime I start an high tier survival, I just can't wait to get to the highest tier so I can get rid of the spawn of that one Detron Crewman.

If there's a list of enemies that everyone thinks that should be nerfed, this is definitely the top one to me before the ancient "healer" *protector (their presence is becoming obnoxius with their 0 damages. At this point write "nullify every damages to allies).

Bombards heat seeking missiles need a nerf badly they are way to stacked!

I agree with you. Bombards are one of the most annoying/deadly units in the game. Their missiles have a ridiculous turn radius. Just before I get hit if I do a roll to the side, which is supposed to be an evasive maneuver, the missile turns 90 degrees and hits me. I have also seen it turn 90 degrees and follow me down a hallway, and it can turn 180 degrees and hit you in the back if there some room for it to turn. They also fire off a few rounds before having to reload, and at least one or two of three missiles trigger the blast proc and knock you down, which basically means your dead if there are a few enemies around.

detron crewmen use detrons, which are hand cannons, you can expect how much damage they do, honestly they are some of the most threatening corpus foes, but you can kill em off easily, just like corrupted crewmen.

Bombards heat seeking missiles need a nerf badly they are way to stacked!

hell yes, bombards used to be the very weakest of the heavy grineer, now their heat seeking missiles can follow you infinitely and explode? Thats double threat, especially in the void corrupted bombards are most tricky since they also have punch through

Detron crewmen = glass cannons.

They shoot you, you die, you shoot them, they die. Sound pretty balanced to me.

Moreover their weapon fire is visually and audibly distinctive, so it's very easy to pick them out of a crowd. Designate them as priority targets and feed them bullets until they go away.

Detron Crewman are the Corpus version of Seekers.

and then there's Corrupted Bombards and Grineer Napalms.

and then there's the rare times that a Tar MOA does 15x more Damage than they normally do, and the Tar Projectile just Kills you.

Et Cetera.

If there's a list of enemies that everyone thinks that should be nerfed, this is definitely the top one to me before the ancient "healer" *protector (their presence is becoming obnoxius with their 0 damages. At this point write "nullify every damages to allies).

Those 0s are not no damage but the way the game tells you that you are adding to their health by hitting the enemies under their effect. they can gain up to 50% extra health this way. Their actual reduction they give is about 90% to everything in their effect area but they cant give it to themselves so jus tmake them a priority target and problem solved usually

Those 0s are not no damage but the way the game tells you that you are adding to their health by hitting the enemies under their effect. they can gain up to 50% extra health this way. Their actual reduction they give is about 90% to everything in their effect area but they cant give it to themselves so jus tmake them a priority target and problem solved usually

Curious. Though it's kinda not easy to do it when they come from new loka (I'm gonna stab her I swear there must be a way). Everyone seems to glow white idk about that.

About bombars, I don't know about that, I'm not actually having much problems with them, even though I totally admit, the turn radius it's ridiculous I don't know how you can avoid them. They follow you behind walls too, it's like watching a cartoon and the missles have actual faces (imagine a bullet bill) xD and yeah I totally forgot about napalm and there's not the glass cannon excuse. They're not weak (also they can shoot through walls. Pray that there's no one else near them for that)

Speaking about targeting and detron crewmen again, it wouldn't be a problem if there wasn't just a bunch of them. I remember in Jupiter for example that almost the majority of enemies is made by them. Like after every room there's 3 or 4 of 'em in a row. You can't just throw stuff like that at newbies and no they're totally not glass cannon for them and again, for people who doesn't have a good way to replenish their health, it's absurd.

Edited by RyuGold

Eximus squads and Loka's biches i hate them especialy met on Seimeni on solo credits farming with a fragile frame like mirage, Detrons yes, i remember how those destroyed my starter's mag when i started to do missions over lvl 15-20, Any eximuses who casts firestorm i hate that nasty knockback which almost impossible to avoid id prefer being set on fire for few seconds instead of that knockback, and ofc those sneaky bombards too: silent homing rokets with punchthrough killing rhino in full iron skin with max health and shields through frosts sphere - sounds "a bit" op to me.

Edited by Grom-84

I think having enemy that does insane DPS is intended by DE. I mean grineer have seekers for a while and they never cared to fix their DPS. Infested have tar and grapple hooks. If you not notice the latter you are almost guaranteed to die horribly,

It seems that being killed in a split seconds for smallest mistake or oversight is what DE consider being "challenging". There is nothing we can do about this.

Edited by Repligon

Moreover their weapon fire is visually and audibly distinctive, so it's very easy to pick them out of a crowd. Designate them as priority targets and feed them bullets until they go away.

This might work if they weren't common. But how can they be priority targets if there are 12 on any given tile at a time?

The only quip is that their detrons don't have falloff, and the cone of fire is pretty well saturated by "pellets" that have pretty strong damage. I have to agree their spawns need to be tweaked, much like seekers on the grineer side; it is too much power for a common unit.

Edited by R34LM

This might work if they weren't common. But how can they be priority targets if there are 12 on any given tile at a time?

12 basic enemies giving you trouble? I've got some bad news for you if that's the case because that is only a fraction of the hordes you will face later.

12 basic enemies giving you trouble? I've got some bad news for you if that's the case because that is only a fraction of the hordes you will face later.

I'm not new to the game. Even if I were, you cannot throw 12 priority targets out at once on one tile. That's not how priority targets work. If half the enemies are "priorities" than none of them are.

There's just nothing else to say. This is the most ridiculous enemy in the game, even the stalker has less DPS than this guy.

Close or mid range, it doesn't matter. Stamina, shields and health, all of them in once will get a serious hit in 2-4 seconds straight and it's not an high tier enemy. What seriously is the odd of that? It's especially a big obstacle for people who started the game and have no way to replenish their healths.

Everytime I start an high tier survival, I just can't wait to get to the highest tier so I can get rid of the spawn of that one Detron Crewman.

Only thing anicent healer needs is to show what enemys its buffing .

detron crewmans, moas and butchers do pretty high damage in t4 missions, as enemies in t4 do 3x damage already, but you can work around them because they share a weakness, low range, they are there to punish you if you stand still, or allow gettin swarmed, the only problem i have with crewmans tho is when you have to quickly get close, lets say you want to get it in a nullifier's bubble for a clean headshot, so you get in fast and kill him, but if you get hit by enough pellets, you will get melted if you dont have a tanky frame, the others can be a pain if they get behind you, thats the only case where they should get that close, and obviously they make melee only even less viable. 

as for bombards and nullifiers, they are the only enemies that make the game worth playing, do you really want everything to be so easy?, i love seeing a bunch of nullifiers stacking shield with some automatic rpgs of death inside, this kind of situations define good players

detron crewmans, moas and butchers do pretty high damage in t4 missions, as enemies in t4 do 3x damage already, but you can work around them because they share a weakness, low range, they are there to punish you if you stand still, or allow gettin swarmed, the only problem i have with crewmans tho is when you have to quickly get close, lets say you want to get it in a nullifier's bubble for a clean headshot, so you get in fast and kill him, but if you get hit by enough pellets, you will get melted if you dont have a tanky frame, the others can be a pain if they get behind you, thats the only case where they should get that close, and obviously they make melee only even less viable. 

as for bombards and nullifiers, they are the only enemies that make the game worth playing, do you really want everything to be so easy?, i love seeing a bunch of nullifiers stacking shield with some automatic rpgs of death inside, this kind of situations define good players

Its just EXTREMELY annoying to get killed in 2 to 3 shots by them but when we use the same gun it takes up to 30 shots to kill enemys ? wtf !

Not balanced because:

1. Running higher level missions means higher scaled Detron plebians..

2. There's plenty more Detron Crewmen where that came from compared to a cell.

3. Shotgun pistol? What?

4. Shotgun pistol that kills in like, 2 hits? What???

5. I have 4 revives. The Detron Crewman has 983049812312387 twin brothers.

6. Not balanced, because not balanced.

I've experienced this guy's frustration when dealing with Detron Crewmen, albeit I discovered it a long time ago. At first I thought I was just at low health and wasn't watching my health/shield levels when dying instantly to these guys. Then I did an intentional test with an MR. 19 buddy of mine and I can personally say, these things kill way quicker than they should even past close range. Something needs to be changed, scale their damage range more, perhaps?