Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

As someone who almost exclusively uses RANGED MELEE the 4:th skill is pretty underwhelming. However, IF you made it so that you could throw some kind of super-javelin that would change the game. (Ie: more powerful ranged weapon but perhaps only if your melee weapon is ranged already).

The earlier builds with Excal using ranged melee was great, please don't let Excal suffer greatly for choosing to not use a very fast close range melee weapon.

I absolutely second this.

Unless you allow Glaive users to throw their Exalted blade into enemies to inherit the bonuses of Glaive specific mods it would actually be better if Exalted Blade could be more independent from the Melee Weapon you use.

It did make great steps towards to being melee weapon independent with having a separate base damage and stats while inheriting melee mods, instead of directly scaling from equipped melee like Hysteria Claws, there is still some weapons you shouldn't equip if you want to bring the maximum out of your ultimate.

If you could actually separately add mods to Exalted Blade (this should also apply to Hysteria) it would work a lot better:

This only sounds overpowered but it would not change anything for most players since you can already achieve this level of power by simply using the specific mods that would benefit your galatine/scindo/nikanas just like they would Exalted Blade.

But those of us who happen to like Excalibur and Valkyr and also melee weapons like the Glaive which doesn't synergize well with their abilities currently it would mean that we could use our favourite melee weapons unchanged without gimping the ultimate of these two frames.

edited some parts for clarity as I broke some sentences originally

Edited by TychusMechanicus

It's not about Excal Prime; it's about every prime having some kind of "special" feature (specifically a prime gold one) on one of their powers. 

So it seems he does have the energy Skana Prime instead of the new holographic sword...I'm not a founder so idk if they're ok with that :V 

Edited by osheroth

You do know slide attack blind does not proc finisher right?

Because if you made a thread without express testing complaining, you should feel bad.

Oh, you mean that 5m range blind? The one that you have to use right beside the enemy to actually blind them? 

Real talk though, is adding another button to perform melee finisher that hard to do? DE pls.

I love this rework. A little mixed about Slash Dash (usually used it to abscond), but other than that everything's pretty nice! New ult is really cool. Don't nerf pl0x, Excalibur is a pretty good starter now.

Also, uh, Slash Dash misses sometimes. Might be a bug, but I'm not sure.

Let us be serious for a second. Is consistency too much to ask for? Other frames such as Nova, Frost, Mag, Rhino (maybe others?) have a golden touch added to some of their abilities, something that sets their some of their abilities visually apart. Frost did not originally have this, and I think Mag did not either, meaning other Prime frames will possibly get these touches as well. I kind of expected a little change to happen to one or more of Excalibur Primes abilities since they were doing an Excalibur rework, though they never said they would do this (nor indeed ever said anything about the other Prime frames abilities either.) Do you think it to be too much that Excalibur can draw a normal energy Skana and Excalibur Prime draw an energy Skana Prime? If I am being entirely unreasonable, please do let me know so in a civilized manner.

EDIT: Thank you to the two people above me who actually answered the question I posed. This being the case, the person 3 above me already asked the question needed to be asked, why wouldn't Excal Prime etc etc.

I do not want a lame Skana as an energy sword. I love the Exalted Blade and I like the fact Excalibur now has a weapon specifically for himself. Skana Prime for the Prime variant is meh, but please do NOT try to change the regular Excalibur's energy sword.

Edited by LazerSkink

Their range is awfully short. Enough said.

It's an option, and when you are rushing into melee 5m is mostly all you need, and you can recast it a couple of times, free blind and cc.

Free blind and cc.

Radial Blind as it is now is a way to execute powerful, tanky enemies. It doesn't need to change.

If they add another button, tell me how they would do that. Tell me how consoles would fare, with their already shortage of buttons as is. It would just make it more clunky.

OK my feedback (note i played him as cc frame with radial finish before)

I like  what u did to his 1-2 skills esp i like changes to number 2 skill , that i can cast it on the move and reload at same time!!!!! ty ty ty ty 

1 is like ok i guess, dsnt work always for me (misses enemies) but its a good option to equip melee fast.

3 rj i i dint like before and i dont like it now (makes annoing sound looks ugly and rb is better for me so its like unnecesary id rather had that silly jump instead of it as oh s''t button.But best would be just totally new skill istead RJ. Some kind of oh s''t button or a baff.

4 i guess its funny to play around, no comments yet but i probably wont build around it.

AND TY TY for the armor buff its much needed i can use rage now on him without being suacidal.

So in short : SD is nicer . RB omg yes cast when moving and reloading yess and finishers are back yes i can unequip radial finish now for rage cause i have armor also now.

RJ i hate but i did hate it before. His new ult is kinda neat i was hoping for 2 handed energy sword tho :D

DISCLAIMER this is my opinion.

TY de excal was my first frame and is most played at 23%, followed by booben 18% :D

EDIT : maybe make finisher to be X buton (use button) 

Edited by Mathemagics

Use the full editor to do that.

Only Excalibur Prime uses Skana Prime for Exalted Blade.

I prefer Skana Prime over the other energy sword.

Pics? I wanna see excal prime exalted blade. Edited by 321agemo

Finishers are great, but the innate AOE finisher opening from blind is really annoying.

If you use the ability in a crowd you will end up spending a huge amount of time watching very slow melee animations, instead of dealing mass damage.

I don't disagree that Finishers provide a huge amount of damage, or that they are not useful, but I find the AOE opening on Blind to be more trouble than it is worth, and I'd really prefer that the function was returned to the Augment