Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now That Excalibur Has Gotten His Rework. Frost Is On The Way!

Lancars

I always felt a bit bad for Excalibur. He is a great frame and was even before the rework but now hes brought up to par with the others. Even his Prime got a buff (Bit jealous i cannot get him but i can deal)

So now that the update came now they can fully focus on Frost. I'm not a full avid player of frost but he is a great frame too. I mean when i play him i don't bother being all jumpy and runny. I just take my time and freeze all that stand in my way. I mean i've had some issues here and there when it comes to jumpy targets and such or to many things spread out but i have my fun.

Goodluck and have fun with his rework DE! I have the utmost faith in you! Always have.

I don't see how Frost needed a rework over Ember.

I don't see how Frost needed a rework over Ember.

Have you seen Frost's sprint speed? Also, Ember can actually do damage, Frost is litteraly a one trick pony right now.

Have you seen Frost's sprint speed? Also, Ember can actually do damage, Frost is litteraly a one trick pony right now.

I'm hoping they'll address his sprint speed and all warframe's sprint speed in the new Movement 2.0. However, Frost is still wanted in higher tier missions. Ember on the other hand is hardly ever requested for.

What about Limbo? Poor, useless, sad Limbo...

11Vll268NIB89W.gif

you and I will become great allies if you have a prolific use of Archer quotes.

But serious question... What would you like to see buffed in Limbo? I use both Frost P and Limbo quite often. I don't see much of an issue with either. So, what the deal? Am I simply ignorant to what should be done because I'm newer to this game?

i dunno... I personally love the way frost is, minus Freeze. That ability never finds its way into my rotation. It was mildly useful at slowly down the Bursas, but otherwise I never use it. Ice Wave with the Augment mod is great in my opinion. Then again, I went for a strength/efficiency build over duration. My Ice Wave and Avalanche hit like train wrecks and my bubble can hold up pretty well in up in the 20's and 30's in a T4 defense. His movement speed does leave something to be desired though.

you and I will become great allies if you have a prolific use of Archer quotes.

But serious question... What would you like to see buffed in Limbo? I use both Frost P and Limbo quite often. I don't see much of an issue with either. So, what the deal? Am I simply ignorant to what should be done because I'm newer to this game?

It's not so much about buffing them. They both have great uses, especially in defense, if you are really skilled. 

I'll explain briefly:

For Frost: Basically the biggest problem is he's considered a one skill frame that doesn't have much use besides Snow Globe, and Snow Globe has a couple minor issues. 

For Limbo: He can be a God of defense but... he just doesn't play well with others without a TON of communication, and there is really no consistency with what he can and can't interact with while in the Rift Plane -- Also, maneuvering himself and enemies in and out of the Rift Plane is an awkward mechanic that, again, doesn't play well with others especially. Also, he can be extremely squishy in his own domain, kind of sad lol. 

Both of them can be Gods of defense but... they still need some work. 

It's not so much about buffing them. They both have great uses, especially in defense, if you are really skilled.

I'll explain briefly:

For Frost: Basically the biggest problem is he's considered a one skill frame that doesn't have much use besides Snow Globe, and Snow Globe has a couple minor issues.

For Limbo: He can be a God of defense but... he just doesn't play well with others without a TON of communication, and there is really no consistency with what he can and can't interact with while in the Rift Plane -- Also, maneuvering himself and enemies in and out of the Rift Plane is an awkward mechanic that, again, doesn't play well with others especially. Also, he can be extremely squishy in his own domain, kind of sad lol.

Both of them can be Gods of defense but... they still need some work.

hmm. I suppose I understand what you're saying. I never use Limbo unless I'm with my clan members anyway, so I've never had to try using him with PUGs. I usually use the rift quite offensively, staying in the rift with rift surge active. I target big enemies like Bombard's and heavy gunners first, pulling them into the rift individually and using finishers when they get knocked down. T4 interceptions are a breeze when I'm limbo, basically. I guess I just don't see how he could be buffed or reworked. Like, I can even use Cataclysm offensively as a quick burst of AOE damage. It's great.

What about Limbo? Poor, useless, sad Limbo... 

Limbo is plenty useful but needs some help on the damage part of his frame, I mean lets be blunt his skills when used by a person who knows what their doing can be very lethal its just some abilities seem a bit....redundant. Still doesn't mean he's anywhere close to useless.

I would like a different Ice Wave augment, though. Well, if DE can simulate slippery floor physics that is. Ice Wave leaves behind a thin sheet of ice on the floor and it could be used to improve movement of Frost by having Tenno's that walk over it slide over it at increased speed. Meanwhile enemies that walk over it will slip over and fall.

Edited by SicSlaver