Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We Removed Weapons From Our Back?

_Rue_

Edit:

Clarifications:

1) Should be optional (if you want it you can get it, if not you can use what we have currently.)

2) Should be able to chose which weapon slots, any combination or all, will be affected by the change (you should be able to choose which weapon types remain visible after sheathing for that cool factor)

~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*'~

Would it be very terrible?

What if we had them tenno-magically beamed into existence when we swap weapons?

Like we reach up and boom! Flash of light whatever effects and the weapon is in our hands. Just an example, doesn't have to be as optically sadistic or long even. Could be as simple as a dissolution into energy or something. Puff of energy colored smoke? I'm sure DE can fine tune it. What i'm after is the community's opinion regarding it.

I just can't stand the clipping especially with the flowing syandanas.

It could be an option... or even a plat option. :)

Clarification:

SAME WEAPON LOADOUT RULES APPLY. We not going to be centurions... quite yet. LOL

Just looked at the pic below and i do not think there's any physical way that you can arrange those weapons and not clip... >_<

Example:

ZoNheXX.jpg

Edited by _Rue_

I greatly enjoy that idea honestly. Maybe not for melee, but having a huge sniper strapped on my back, or a bow awkwardly clashing with the quiver just is so anti-aesthetic to me. I would love a kind of "transformer" style animation where the weapon materializes from your wrist and then juts out from itself and expands section by section.

I expected to come into this thread & see a bunch of hate honestly. lol 

Pleasantly surprised. I'm all for this idea as well. It would fit thematically as well, I feel. 

If they made this into a cash option, I'd most certainly buy it. The same way we can choose to have different personality stances, we could have different weapon swap animations. 

I greatly enjoy that idea honestly. Maybe not for melee, but having a huge sniper strapped on my back, or a bow awkwardly clashing with the quiver just is so anti-aesthetic to me. I would love a kind of "transformer" style animation where the weapon materializes from your wrist and then juts out from itself and expands section by section.

Watch Ultraviolet that show has the best weapon summoning technique ever. Also its futuristic.

I expected to come into this thread & see a bunch of hate honestly. lol 

Pleasantly surprised. I'm all for this idea as well. It would fit thematically as well, I feel. 

If they made this into a cash option, I'd most certainly buy it. The same way we can choose to have different personality stances, we could have different weapon swap animations. 

Well, you cant have hate for this kind of thread really: Clipping does get furstrating after a short while.

I remember when Jet Kitty went through Mirages' butt.... does it still do that? Too lazy to go in-game and check

Edited by Kao-Snake

I suppose I should swap hate for...discord; moreso people not liking the idea, rather than "hate."

I suppose that sounds more appropriate for thin=s kind of thing. Considering most people ignore animations and focuses on fight alone anyhow. However if we did have a flasher or better Weapon swap design. Warframe would seem original with its theme.

Ultraviolet-esque weapon appearances and disappearances? Solves loads of clipping issues and horrid looks? +1!!!

Also Ultraviolet does have the best animation for this kind of game. However we would no longer be able to have reload animations. So sorry to those that like the reloads. Not like the DEs can't make it so we can have both, but in Ultraviolet reload is instantaneous and there is no reason to even bother with reload animations.

Edited by CounterOne

Yeah, I wouldn't mind this at all.

It's espcially bad on Loki Prime with the little backpack and fins thing he's got going on.

I think if weapons could pop out of place on frames that look like they could project it would be nice. Also I have been meaning to say this about Loki's back piece.

Wouldn't it be cool if when in Arch-Wing missions it would produce an energy aura or wings? That would make Loki Prime an awesome frame for space battles.

I think an easier, and related solution would be having weapons collapse/expand when holstered/unholstered.

And this happens with certain bows and melees. However it doesn't always look good. Not to mention most weapon designs do not allow flexibility.(Meaning they don't bend)
Edited by CounterOne

Awesome Idea,

Would buy in a heartbeat!

Especially with all the cloth physics and such, that are in the works.

It would also allow for Syandanas and stuff to flow, nice and fluent.

Also allows us a better view of the fine detail that is on the skins, which I think are awesome! (Nova Prime Immortal skin, for instance)

Because you know #swagframe

Shame I can only up vote the OP once.

as long as you can choose to have your Weapons stored in Hammerspace along with your Ammo or to continue as it is now, sure.

and that means more Cosmetics you can sell, so that's nice too. as long as people can't buy an Effect that blinds your friends every time they switch Weapons.

because that would be :|