Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Noob Suggestions][1] Remove The Influent Choices From Tutorial

Baskakov_Dima

As I just started playing the game but still enjoy it a lot, I will use this section for a serie of complaints about this game being such noob-unfriendly.

In this suggestion I will cover the very first steps.

When you make your first account, you have to make certain choices of equipment and can't aquire things you did not choose in the first several hours of gameplay: primary, secondary and melee weapon, warframe... I spent around an hour in the Wiki and around half an hour reading different "quickstart" guides just to end up asking a random guy in the Steam group chat about what to pick up. It's hardly possible to choose right if you do not have someone to annoy with hundreds of questions.

What I suggest is to give every player all the starting Warframes and Weapons, so he can try all the gameplay styles and choose the once that really fits him. With a bit of extra slots to make it possible to hold them.

Most of Free-To-Play games allow a noob to try at least most of the playstyles available, not making him to think so a lot when he just starts. I am not sure if it's legal to give examples, so I won't. 

All of the weapons available for pick up in the tutorial are available for credits in the market. I suppose they could mention that in the tutorial.

I can understand warframes, as they offer the biggest variety in gameplay. Although at least they are farm-able in game and not market only.

Interesting suggestions, interested to see what other suggestion you might have for improving the tutorial since most of us think it still does need improving.

If you chose Excalibur first, you can still get Mag & Loki (the other starter frames) no more than a few hours later through playing the game. 

Loki isn't a starter warframe anymore. He was replaced by volt when the tutorial was given its last major update with U14. The starter warframe line up is: Excalibur, Volt and Mag.

Edited by NovusNova

good idea actually.  give people an idea of what weapon types they'll like in the game. But you can buy them for credits so it doesnt really matter. As for the warframes though. i dont know if DE would let that happen ever. Anyways you get can new frames pretty early too.

Edited by Dillon_J

a bit of an introductory to each Warframe during the Tutorial is probably a good idea.

like uh, a personally tailored Mission with each Warframe, Et Cetera. giving the Player the capability to see what each Warframe is really good at.

so that when they make their final decision, they actually know what's what.

If you chose Excalibur first, you can still get Mag & Volt (the other starter frames) no more than a few hours later through playing the game. 

Haha, no. Unless he spends his starting plat (which he honestly should not because the plat is better used for slots and potatoes), he'd have to wait several days for those to be built. 

I believe you're actually able to swap inbetween the weapons as you pick them up in the tutorial. Which the game doesn't tell you, so you could test fire them all. (at least I believe I picked up a few of them swapping inbetween. But it was so long ago that I could be wrong).

Also if you've a lot of questions and what not maybe you would be interested in something along the lines of the community made mentoring program (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/403282-mentorship-program-need-timezones/) From what you said you seem to have found your way and someone to ask, but if not, there's people who gladly help.

Other than that, I'd want something more for the new players to play around with. Since many are stuck with a MK-Braton or such a like for way to long and being able to at least swap from Lato to MK1-Kunai from start would be something. (meaning you own both from start no matter what you picked).

Feel free to send me a message ingame or on the forums if you've have any questions, I'll try and be as correct and informative as I can:)

I believe you're actually able to swap inbetween the weapons as you pick them up in the tutorial. Which the game doesn't tell you, so you could test fire them all. (at least I believe I picked up a few of them swapping inbetween. But it was so long ago that I could be wrong).

Also if you've a lot of questions and what not maybe you would be interested in something along the lines of the community made mentoring program (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/403282-mentorship-program-need-timezones/) From what you said you seem to have found your way and someone to ask, but if not, there's people who gladly help.

Other than that, I'd want something more for the new players to play around with. Since many are stuck with a MK-Braton or such a like for way to long and being able to at least swap from Lato to MK1-Kunai from start would be something. (meaning you own both from start no matter what you picked).

Feel free to send me a message ingame or on the forums if you've have any questions, I'll try and be as correct and informative as I can:)

you can, however, you keep the first one you picked up

Haha, no. Unless he spends his starting plat (which he honestly should not because the plat is better used for slots and potatoes), he'd have to wait several days for those to be built. 

Haha yes? I meant have the parts necessary to build the Warframes. 

As mentioned above -- takes at least a few days of gameplay to get all the new starting frames and test them.

Given that you have some descent gaming experience, and have a good friend(s) to help you with the start (this game has too much content for a noob to conviniently start with such a tutorial) and grinnding (Or you really think starting frames with no potatoes are OK?).

If I didn't have such amount of gaming experience,  for example, didn't read so much of Wiki, I would just stop playing the game, like did all of my Steam friends long before I even started it, and like would my girlfriend who likes games, if I didn't train her. 

Haha yes? I meant have the parts necessary to build the Warframes.

Only if he finds a clan quickly, else Volt is a long distance away. And getting the parts is definitely not equal to having the frames, which requires a slot. Many newbs burn the plat on worthless items long before they're aware of the slot limit, don't have anything worth trading, and don't have the investment in the game to justify spending money. And the credit costs are a legitimate barrier at that point as well, not to mention the resources.

I could see further extending the start quests to help show what each warframe is best at. Maybe a custom survival for mag, a defense for volt, and a spy for excal. They could each have different weapons too, maybe skana paris for xcal, bo kunai for mag, and lato bratton for volt.

Probably different combos/ missions, but I really think different combos would be really cool. This could be the chance to see the Tenno out of suits running from vor.

It is just a tutorial.

I mean, u need to farm and farm to get anything, it's a point of game.

So start now is pretty fair.

As for frame, anyway u get 0 rank, without mods. So it is not a big deal u need to wait a bit untill u can get another two.

It is just a tutorial.

I mean, u need to farm and farm to get anything, it's a point of game.

So start now is pretty fair.

As for frame, anyway u get 0 rank, without mods. So it is not a big deal u need to wait a bit untill u can get another two.

Takes A LOT less to level a frame to 30 lvl untill you can get another one. At least one. 

Rhino is pretty easy to get. As for the neural sensors just get in some random team and watch them kill the boss. You can solo t1 void capture to get control module, it not so hard. Hell if I can unlock all planets with excalibur no potatoes, so can you. I started playing one month ago btw.

As I just started playing the game but still enjoy it a lot, I will use this section for a serie of complaints about this game being such noob-unfriendly.

In this suggestion I will cover the very first steps.

When you make your first account, you have to make certain choices of equipment and can't aquire things you did not choose in the first several hours of gameplay: primary, secondary and melee weapon, warframe... I spent around an hour in the Wiki and around half an hour reading different "quickstart" guides just to end up asking a random guy in the Steam group chat about what to pick up. It's hardly possible to choose right if you do not have someone to annoy with hundreds of questions.

What I suggest is to give every player all the starting Warframes and Weapons, so he can try all the gameplay styles and choose the once that really fits him. With a bit of extra slots to make it possible to hold them.

Most of Free-To-Play games allow a noob to try at least most of the playstyles available, not making him to think so a lot when he just starts. I am not sure if it's legal to give examples, so I won't. 

Hey thats a part good idea i think. Giving 3 frame slot and all weapons may not be a good idea because if they want to be fair they must give all other player like 2 other free slot and bunch of weapons to compensate. But i realy love the "so he can try all the gameplay styles and choose the once that really fits him. " Thats a good dam idea. Tutorial should let the starter try the 3 frames and the weapons against enemy before they chose. In my time i chose excalibur and i remember it was like ( 1 , 2 ,3 this one ) totaly not knowing what gameplay i will have lol.

Hey thats a part good idea i think. Giving 3 frame slot and all weapons may not be a good idea because if they want to be fair they must give all other player like 2 other free slot and bunch of weapons to compensate. But i realy love the "so he can try all the gameplay styles and choose the once that really fits him. " Thats a good dam idea. Tutorial should let the starter try the 3 frames and the weapons against enemy before they chose. In my time i chose excalibur and i remember it was like ( 1 , 2 ,3 this one ) totaly not knowing what gameplay i will have lol.

Why not to give it? 2 more frame slots and a bit more weapon slots isn't a lot of plat. Well, isn't a lot as soon as you buy it.

At the same time, makes the start a lot more comfortable, which is very important for a FtP game.