Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should We Have More Ult Modes Instead Of Nukes?

Doom_Bunny

Since the fiasco with Ash in pvp and now most recently the changes to Excal. I've been wondering would it be better to have a ult mode instead of nuke abilities?

With these ult modes I've seen player's be more engaged, more excited, then when using a nuke ability. I suppose it's because it keeps the player moving while boosting their power. Most recently with these Excal changes we've seen how ult modes can scale into late game, something nuke abilities have always had trouble with. This isn't to say we should completely remove nuke abilities as they do provide a quick escape and sometimes (depending on which frame) provide decent cc damage.

Hmm, it honestly depends on the warframe. Like Valkyr is great for the ult mode, same with excalibur. I guess Ember's is more of an ult mode than a nuke. I do wish we had more powers that made use of the player instead of "fire and forget" powers.

Semi related, ult modes should buff/alter some of the other powers that the warframe uses when in ult mode.

Yeah, modes are much more engaging. I'm having a blast with Excal 2.0.

Even Nyx could get in on this. Imagine if instead of just pushing 4 to end her bubble, she could end it with a juiced-up version of ANY of her powers?

Edited by motorfirebox