Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Batman: Arkham Knight Has Been Pulled Off Of Steam

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-knight-voluntarily-being-taken-off-s/1100-6428434/

So the devs decided to voluntarily take off Arkham Knight due to the backlash regarding its stability.

The devs have stated: 

"We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall"

This'll be my last gaming thread for a while, going on holiday

Edited by TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-knight-voluntarily-being-taken-off-s/1100-6428434/

So the devs decided to voluntarily take off Arkham Knight due to the backlash regarding its stability.

The devs have stated: 

"We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall"

This'll be my last gaming thread for a while, going on holiday

Good that port sucks. A product like that should never be released.

In other news the steam refunds for the game are topping a $1 million.

Where can we see this info? I'd like to take a look at it.

What WB, Rocksteady, Iron Galaxy, and Nvidia have done with Batman: Arkham Knight PC is shameful. They pulled a Ubisoft. At least Rocksteady and WB are taking ownership and working to fix it. I hope Iron Galaxy's team is fired. They need to be doing something else, because they obviously don't know how to port games from console to PC.

Thank F*** for Steam refunds. 

When the game runs better on consoles with hardware that is equivalent to the minimum PC requirements you know something is wrong.

That's what you get when console hardware gets closer to PC in terms of architecture, incompetent developers get lax with porting and just wing it, because this "port" seems like more of a sloppy copy-paste from the PS4 version with minimal tweaking done just to get the game sort of running.

Probably one of the only times you can say "console master race".

More like thank them for ruining PC gaming, amirite?
Ugh.

What WB, Rocksteady, Iron Galaxy, and Nvidia have done with Batman: Arkham Knight PC is shameful. They pulled a Ubisoft. At least Rocksteady and WB are taking ownership and working to fix it. I hope Iron Galaxy's team is fired. They need to be doing something else, because they obviously don't know how to port games from console to PC.

They were only given eight weeks to port the game, not really their fault.

Well, Ubisoft is infecting everyone with their idea of customer service, (When you ask for help, they tell you to turn around and bend over and then laugh while ****ing you) why WOULDN'T everyone else get the idea of how to release crappy unworkable PC ports since PC is there to be ****ed?

'It isn't as if the game has to WORK after it is SOLD.' THAT is apparently the unofficial Ubisoft motto. Sad that other people are getting on the same bandwagon.

They were only given eight weeks to port the game, not really their fault.

No?

This is exactly the same kind of thing Ubisoft does. It makes them money so they don't give a **** how many of their customers they piss off. ESPECIALLY if said customers are playing on PC since "consoles are all that matter now". (Direct quote from an Ubisoft employee)

I do miss the days when big game publishers actually had to care about what they put out. Actually were monitored so they were forced to care about their image. People actually cared about putting half finished crap on the market. Producers were punished when their products did not work right. Yes, it actually happened.

Now? They got their money. To hell with everything else. Steam issuing refunds is new. Maybe that will change some things.

Personally? I doubt it.

(edit) I WILL say that I doubt Iron Galaxy was responsible for this. They are not big enough to think they can get away with such.

Edited by Kalenath

No?

This is exactly the same kind of thing Ubisoft does. It makes them money so they don't give a **** how many of their customers they piss off. ESPECIALLY if said customers are playing on PC since "consoles are all that matter now". (Direct quote from an Ubisoft employee)

I do miss the days when big game publishers actually had to care about what they put out. Actually were monitored so they were forced to care about their image. People actually cared about putting half finished crap on the market. Producers were punished when their products did not work right. Yes, it actually happened.

Now? They got their money. To hell with everything else. Steam issuing refunds is new. Maybe that will change some things.

Personally? I doubt it.

(edit) I WILL say that I doubt Iron Galaxy was responsible for this. They are not big enough to think they can get away with such.

I'm pretty sure it isn't their fault not because they didn't think they could get away with it, it was just because of the job they were given. From my understanding Iron Galaxy was outsourced to port Arkham Knight from console to PC.

However the studio consisted only of twelve people, and they were only given eight weeks time to port this massive game. They were given the job, they did it the best they could and now they're getting the blame for something that is ultimately not their fault.

It is there fault, and apparently they've botched other PC ports as well. No, after Nvidia and Rocksteady praised the PC version for its features, they do deserve blame for the game releasing in its condition. If they can take all PC versions off the shelf and rework the game now, they could've delayed if it really was a matter of time. But we know it wasn't. Iron Galaxy doesn't have the skill. And it wouldn't be the first time a developer has pushed their console game on some other low-skilled development studio to do so. It is their fault, especially for misleading PC players into thinking it was good. Nvidia's Gameworks video about BAK literally sped up gameplay to make it look like it was 60FPS. That's false advertising. Rocksteady and Nvidia praised several features of the game that ended up contributing to the performance issues. Again, false advertising. What they are doing now shows that they at least have the integrity to do the right thing, unlike Ubisoft.

I miss the days that PCs were the lead platforms for AAA games. You didn't have terrible PC to console ports like this. Nor did you have developers giving console players the shaft.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

<snip>

Iron Galaxy's fault? I wouldn't say so.

It IS their responsibility. They put out a half baked piece of crap, now they have to eat the rewards from said fiasco. But the FAULT lies with WB, RockSteady. Nvidea and others for blatant false advertising. That is an Ubisoft tactic that they have copied. Maybe they have more integrity. (Then again, a brain dead chimpanzee tends to have more integrity in the little toe of their left foot than the entirety of Ubisoft put together) STEAM certainly does in issuing refunds. (No that they have a choice, but still)

Anyone who has played ANY Ubisoft products on PC for the last 10 years has seen their evil and greed for what it is. Not everyone admits it. Personally, I disregarded it until the fiasco of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier when I was banned from their forums for asking why an official Ubisoft employee was allowed to goad a poster to commit suicide. Every single game they have made since around 2002 has been declining in quality and service as well as been falsely advertised in SOME way usually just short of illegal. Sad, really. They were pretty good once. Now they give lying profiteering scum a bad name. But, they DO make money So others will copy that.

The fact that Nvidea had to FAKE their advertisement is telling though. They KNEW it wasn't going to work. They just hoped to get away with it long enough for the refund period to lapse so they could keep their money. Just. Like. Ubisoft.

Yes. Rocksteady and Nvidea are now on my 'never trust again' list. If I EVER buy ANYTHING from them again, it will be from a bargain bin.

WB? I don't know. Time will tell.

Edited by Kalenath

Oh, GRFS. That game did it for me too. That and AC3. Then there was AC Unity. Nailed the coffin. With Rocksteady, they may repair some damage, depending on if they actually fix the game.

If they can, maybe. Still won't buy anything with their logo for a LONG time. But better than Ubi who I will NEVER give money to again.

Sad thing was, Assassin's Creed 1 was EXCELLENT. INCREDIBLE game, excellent support. Then it all went downhill. The latest titles have been suck followed by garbage followed by crap. I pity the people who have been waiting for a new Rainbow Six title. What is coming... isn't Rainbow Six in anything but name, just like the last Splinter Cell. But Ubisoft doesn't CARE because the games sell for a little while and short term profit is all that matters.

As for AC Unity? Saw the cutscenes on Youtube. Glad I skipped it.

Edited by Kalenath

If anything, the blame should fall to the publisher for setting such tight deadlines. Even the best team can only accomplish so much in 8 weeks. 

And you're just assuming that the problem is merely a matter of tight deadlines.