Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Not Welcome Loki To T3 And T4?

I'm playing Loki as my first ever Warframe, and literally any T3 or T4 mission I try to get into, people say "No Loki".

I got into one T3 survival by the skin of my teeth. The dude said no to me several times because he only wanted Frost. After about 20 minutes of him saying "T3 SURV 123 FROST ONLY" on the recruitment chat, he finally goes "Fine you can join, but don't F up or else".

So now that I'm in the survival, one of the other players was Volt with the speed boost ability. I'm a perma-invisibility Loki with a DPS Orthos. Everyone eventually settled into a room with a long hall choke point. The volt guy kept spamming his speed ability, and I was well.. Perma-invis with x4 melee damage. I was running up and down the hall just spamming B, making sure not to go too far down the hall to mess with the spawn points. All I see are body parts flying everywhere, and hearing the constant gore sound that sounds like old pudding being slashed on the ground. The drops were flowing like a well oiled machine, and literally no one was getting damaged, let alone falling and bleeding out.

Everyone decided to call it quits after only 25 minutes, and I ended with 800 kills while everyone else was in the 200-300 kill range. I stayed in the loot and exp radius to share with my whole team, and I never once went down or disturbed the flow of the enemy spawns.

So again, why does everyone hate on Loki, when he has he potential to be a team slayer, especially under the right circumstances?

Don't even get me started on how easy it is to revive when your invisible + decoy + radial disarm + sentinel reviving shield.

Most people who ask for specific frames have a set strategy they are trying to use, if Loki is not in that frame list then they don't want them to deviate from their plan. Also you know, Loki has a bad reputation for being the trolling frame.

In PCLand, Loki is welcome to..mostly anything.

m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶r̶a̶t̶e̶

jk but in all seriousness, as stated above they probably wanted a set strategy or something like that

still wasn't a reason for them to be pushy about it like they were

Edited by Ordel

People want set builds to get the most loot for the least amount of work. Good on you for wanting the play the game.

This is sadly true, I remember the time I used to see even Embers in T3/4S and it was to go 40+ mins, Acceleration + WoF could be a BIG damage dealer if you were using 4 CP.

Most people who ask for specific frames have a set strategy they are trying to use, if Loki is not in that frame list then they don't want them to deviate from their plan. Also you know, Loki has a bad reputation for being the trolling frame.

I can respect people who are looking for specific strategies and what not. The issue is it appears no one has room for Loki in their builds. I even see stuff like "T3 SURV - ALL BUT LOKI WELCOME".

Kinda ironic that Loki the legendary trickster is the go to troll class. I can see how it can be abused and irritate other players. I will admit I have done some playing around in groups with the switch teleport ability, but ultimately I'm after completion and I won't mess around if me doing so is infringing on completion.

I like to take a loki into my T4 pipe camp Survivals, so that after an hour and a half when we all stop doing dmg to the lvl 200 heavies Loki gets to slip by and extract+^_^+ Everyone else goes down on purpose (not hard to do at that point) so Loki can do that. Loki's don't even bother going invis unless Vor attacks or it;s time to extract.

Edited by ChikTikka

I like to take a loki into my T4 pipe camp Survivals, so that after an hour and a half when we all stop doing dmg to the lvl 200 heavies Loki gets to slip by and extract+^_^+ Everyone else goes down on purpose (not hard to do at that point) so Loki can do that. Loki's don't even bother going invis unless Vor attacks or it;s time to extract.

Consoles need more players like you.

Consoles need more players like you.

Once you go PC, you never go back+^_^+ 360 is gonna be the last console i own for hardcore gaming. might pick up a Nintendo if Dolphin can't keep up with Zelda tho.

Edited by ChikTikka

Yeah, unfortunately Loki gets the boot in those missions unless you've got Irradiating Disarm.

But honestly, Radial Disarm itself is a pretty redeeming ability and can save your team in certain situations *COUGH* BOMBARDS *COUGH*.

And not to mention, Loki can heal teammates easily without putting himself into risk with invisibility.

Loki's disarm disrupts fellow players?

When the entire group camps behind 10+ electric shields with 50 second+ duration, turning all enemies into melee units defeats the entire purpose of electric shield.

With the right volt its easy to go 2 hours and up - not that anyone really wants to play that long but that's how efficient the strategy is

Kinda weird for the so-called #lokimasterrace to be hated, especialy when it comes to T3/4 (On PC) =)) 

Well, jokes aside, I have no problem with Loki players

Although I cant play him (I like run run bang bang slash, sneaking just not suit me), I relize his value (Because of that one specific Interception Tactical Alert I dont want to mention about -_- )

I think it just personal taste

Kinda weird for the so-called #lokimasterrace to be hated, especialy when it comes to T3/4 (On PC) =))

Although I cant play him (I like run run bang bang slash, sneaking just not suit me), I relize his value (Because of that one specific Interception Tactical Alert I dont want to mention about -_- )

I think it just personal taste

Pretty sure the only reason he didn't want Loki was because of volt. I've played with plenty of lokis with a team comp of volt/nova/Loki/nekros for t4s and have had little issues but its because everyone is a vet and the Loki knows to only disarm when there's multiple bombards.

In fact that team comp is imo the best possible comp if you want to theoretically play for 7 hours (lol). It takes a lot of busy game play from the volt however in order to maintain 15+ electric shields at all times and you need to ALWAYS have a front layer of shields to protect your back layer of electric shields in order to absorb the blast radius from bombards.

Edited by (PS4)JiggaJazz

I think it just personal taste

You should give him a try again :). I'm not a stealthy player. When I go invisible, basically that's when I am entering HAM mode. Invisibility to me = how many units can you kill in 19 seconds and how far can you travel? It's especially fun on survivals when you're sprinting down the line of spawned enemies, sliding and slashing the whole way along, and you manage to clear about half of the ship in 19 seconds, with a massive bloodbath behind you.

It's quite fun to mess with noobs on lower survivals by doing that. 1.) they haven't really seen invisiblity, so it's like the bodies just exploding in front of them (Black energy baby)

2.) They haven't caught onto jump slashing and sliding for speed boosts yet

3.) Using perma-invisibility is a great way to achieve a 500% affinity multiplier. Great way to level up melee weapons and silent weapons incredibly fast. Slide into a group of enemies and do a spin move = 5,000+ affinity. Just can't be beat.

Pretty sure the only reason he didn't want Loki was because of volt. I've played with plenty of lokis with a team comp of volt/nova/Loki/nekros for t4s and have had little issues but its because everyone is a vet and the Loki knows to only disarm when there's multiple bombards.

In fact that team comp is imo the best possible comp if you want to theoretically play for 7 hours (lol). It takes a lot of busy game play from the volt however in order to maintain 15+ electric shields at all times and you need to ALWAYS have a front layer of shields to protect your back layer of electric shields in order to absorb the blast radius from bombards.

That's the thing though. He/we only wanted to play 20-30 minutes. That's how nearly all of my Tower experiences are. So we can exclude the 2+ hour strategies. As I'm being rejected by people who only wanna do a 30 minute survival. Radial disarm isn't even needed at that amount of time.

Keep in mind I'm a fairly new player myself. Only Mastery Rank 4, but I've already achieved perma-invisibility, and I'm working on a radial disarm and invisiblility hybrid build for when I can actually join long survivals and defenses

Edited by (XB1)G R A V O C

Are you basing your conclusion on one or two anti-Loki encounter?

Then again, it's been a while since I last had a run with beginners, so I'm not sure wheter Loki is well known amongs them.

I'm basing it on my first two weeks worth of experience in the void so far.

1. There are troll lokis

2. There are perma-invis hallway hero/leech lokis

3. Key holder has a specific strategy in mind that doesn't need/want disarm

4. They are following the current camp meta

What is a hallway hero??...