The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guides Of The Lotus ~ Program Launch Replies (Split From Original Faq)

LordOda

Question

So , I want to Apply as Lotus Guides I have some question that I did not find answer on your Faq

- What happen If I do have more than one warning? I mean I currently have one (Nothing bad was done !), Let's say I've been in the "Lotus guide" and I get another warning , does this mean I'm removed from this?

- I actually do know that I'll be not active for this month (july) , does this stop me from apply ?

Also , does being not active for a short or long time can cancel this?

- Last question : Does we have to specify if we want specific region or we can do any we want? (I'm open for English - French ) 

-snip-

This:

*Note: This is not a recruitment thread. Please refrain from posting program invitation requests. Support tickets and PM requests to Staff and current Guides will not be considered. Many thanks!*

Since the program is new and nobody had the problems you are asking for yet, not sure if there are answer so far.

Edited by Saske92

So , I want to Apply as Lotus Guides I have some question that I did not find answer on your Faq

- What happen If I do have more than one warning? I mean I currently have one (Nothing bad was done !), Let's say I've been in the "Lotus guide" and I get another warning , does this mean I'm removed from this?

- I actually do know that I'll be not active for this month (july) , does this stop me from apply ?

Also , does being not active for a short or long time can cancel this?

- Last question : Does we have to specify if we want specific region or we can do any we want? (I'm open for English - French )

Again, as Saske had quoted above, this thread is not for applying, nor is there a way to seek application.

A Guide's utmost priority, besides helping out players in need of assistance, is to follow the Code of Conduct. Should a Guide violate the Code of Conduct, a decision about what to do with them would be made then. There is no default decision as this decision has so far been unneeded.

Being inactive does not stop you from applying, because you can't apply.

A Guide is only asked to volunteer as much time as they can to the Relays and players' questions. There is no time requirement.

If there are several platforms and Regions you can attend to, the more the merrier.

You are not assigned a Region, but if you are active on multiple platforms, that's something to discuss with Danielle if/when you are recruited.

My one and only complaint with this is that, I have way to many tabs. If someone sends me a pm I have no idea they sent it till I get the random urge to flip all the way to the end.

I'm aware that we have the option to turn off all chats except relay, clan and alliance but I'd really like to have my council chat and region chat and just disable recruiting and trading.

My one and only complaint with this is that, I have way to many tabs. If someone sends me a pm I have no idea they sent it till I get the random urge to flip all the way to the end.

I'm aware that we have the option to turn off all chats except relay, clan and alliance but I'd really like to have my council chat and region chat and just disable recruiting and trading.

PM Danielle, thats probably the best place for juniors to leave feedback/voice concerns

With that said, I think the sigil is just a minor reward for those eager to help (maybe DE is like feeling bad because they can't pay you for helping the community idk), what should be a thing is the purple text for any guide (despite the fact of Junior or Senior rank) so people do know that they answer questions.

The sigil is not intended as a reward of any kind. It's meant to be an identifier, and nothing more.

If it helps, making Guides more visible in relays further from what they are now (with the sigil) would help a lot, giving them a purple name and a full opacity over walls (I mean, you can see the name from anywhere in the relay) and, under the clan name, putting "Guide of the Lotus", further helping new players calling their attention like "Hey, why is your name purple?" or "what are guides of the lotus?".

The sigil and purple text in all global channels has already greatly increased visibility. I'm not sure what else could or should be done, if anything.

The sigil and purple text in all global channels has already greatly increased visibility. I'm not sure what else could or should be done, if anything.

Perhaps, with Chat UI 2.0, they can at least bring the names to the tops of the chats with some sort of identifier. 

That would help, greatly really.

We'll have to see how the new system if/when it comes along works.

Good to see the program has finally arrived. Some people really need these guides. To be honest i'd really love to become one, since I help players anyway and i'd be helpful to me as well to have my answers highlightened, because people sometimes miss my answer somewhere between other messages and ask the same question again.

Anyway, it's something i've never seen before in online game, to have some other official support than stiff tutorial that is not always understandable. And I approve this. :P

The sigil is not intended as a reward of any kind. It's meant to be an identifier, and nothing more.

Yeah but the sigil is a face to face identifier, and the purple text is only for senior guides which leaves junior guides on the shadows.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just talking about actual working things that make them more visible for new players. Half of the question will be from people that don't even know how to join the relays, so that's what I'm talking about. The purple text was the best option for making them visible to new players but new guides don't have it, so senior guides get's all the questions, which can overwhelm them.

Still, I hope the program evolves more. The new part of the community is found drowning with a lot of questions about the game, and this is the answer.

Yeah but the sigil is a face to face identifier, and the purple text is only for senior guides which leaves junior guides on the shadows.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just talking about actual working things that make them more visible for new players. Half of the question will be from people that don't even know how to join the relays, so that's what I'm talking about. The purple text was the best option for making them visible to new players but new guides don't have it, so senior guides get's all the questions, which can overwhelm them.

Still, I hope the program evolves more. The new part of the community is found drowning with a lot of questions about the game, and this is the answer.

Oh right... Only Seniors have purple text. That's too bad. Yeah, most of people that ask questions don't even know about relays and if they know, here (in Polish chat/server) there are people in relay only when there's Baro. So maybe giving chat moderators (seniors) different color than junior GotLs would solve that problem. One'd still know who's moderator and who is just guide anyway, but it'd improve ability to help a lot.

So how exactly do they pick a guide? Do they just randomly go through players' statistics? I personally have over 1000 hours put into Warframe so do they like put a limit in a filter or something to find experienced players who play frequently? It seems like they just pick someone they just stumble upon.

So how exactly do they pick a guide? Do they just randomly go through players' statistics? I personally have over 1000 hours put into Warframe so do they like put a limit in a filter or something to find experienced players who play frequently? It seems like they just pick someone they just stumble upon.

"Q: Who decides who will become a Guide?
A: DE staff and Senior Guides determine who is qualified to join the Guides of the Lotus team."

Basically, yes, most of the recruits Seniors suggest are those they have encountered in the game or here on the forums.*

With a program centered more around a person's helpful and knowledgeable nature, instead of play time and forum activity statistics, a filter and generic search just doesn't do.

With such a small starting ground, ~20 senior guides, it is understandable that, despite a player being a perfect candidate, we, as Guides, have no idea who these players are. As the program expands, and saturation amongst timezones and Regions becomes enlarged, more Guide input and observation gets around.

*Please do not attempt to contact Guides to request recruitment into the program or to "suck up" to them trying to vie for favor. Not only can this be annoying, it may also be detrimental in your chances to become a Guide.

That's only for senior guides though (purple text). I often answer why I don't have purple text like the "other" guides as people put it. Having to explain there's senior and junior guides and what they have and do not have.

Edited by Rexian

Gah , how Id like to be a guide, it would get rid of my warframe burn out ;=; eh, Ash prime will have to suffice.

You don't need to be a guide in order to help out and bring enlightenment to the other Tenno. Maybe I'll see you around in one of the relays or in region chat helping out? Stop by Larunda relay (Europe region) sometimes.