Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guides Of The Lotus ~ Program Launch Replies (Split From Original Faq)

LordOda

Question

Except stats are not the real trait we are after.

We are after players who capture the essence of "Tenno-ship". Helpful, skillful, and knowledgeable. 

Ones who fall within our Code of Conduct, are trustworthy, and genuine. 

Filling out an application with the only concrete information being your profile stats isn't the sort of promotion that should be expressed. Frankly, we don't care if you pumped 5000 hours into the game, leveled and forma'd every weapon, and your completion rate for missions is 99%.

If you aren't helpful and generally a good natured person, a Guide of the Lotus is you not. An application process is too far impersonal compared to the incredibly outgoing nature of this program's goal.

I will be stealing "tenno-ship" that its a wonderful phrase. 

Thing is, such reputation systems are put in place where the only people capable of giving you a +1 are randoms in public matches only. Anyone that you formed a party with or have on your friend's list can't contribute. I shouldn't have to really explain that part as it should go without saying if you are an avid gamer, but I guess making assumptions isn't good either. Another point is that these systems aren't farmable or boostable, and the rewards are usually purely cosmetic as a statement of your in-game "renown" more than anything. That has nothing to do with this program, it was a point about how being a good person and doing your best in PUGs can be rewarded and reinforced. You are missing the point again.

On this point alone, almost everyone I've helped in the relay has added me to their friends list, so with this method of doing things I'd have to tell them they have to give me a +1 before I can add them. Seeing as how in the relay there are often trolls who love to call each other names and I'm sure they wouldn't shy away from giving a gotl a bad review because they've asked them to please stop. So basically we'd end up with all negative reviews and no positives because the players I have helped have added me to their friends list.

Also more often than not we end up in party's with players to give them one on one help. So I can't say I agree with this method that you've suggested.

We need MOAR. Really we need more Guides of the Lotus. I know you are recruiting but damn. There are just to much new players or just players that need help. I rarely even see the Guides ingame (EU Region). You just need to pick up more good people more quickly ...

PLS send help

Yup i rarely see gotl on eu region also but at the start of the thread it clearly states that they do have lives outside of Warframe , stay patient and i'm sure when you meet 1 they'll be extremely friendly and help you out!!

The Guides on ps4 tend to go to different regions, it's strange that you haven't seen one of us in there yet.. We spend a pretty good amount of time in the Relays, it's only a matter of time till we throw you a hey when we see you. =)

The Guides on ps4 tend to go to different regions, it's strange that you haven't seen one of us in there yet.. We spend a pretty good amount of time in the Relays, it's only a matter of time till we throw you a hey when we see you. =)

I've seen onlinekiller in relay, but i was only replying to another post

We need MOAR. Really we need more Guides of the Lotus. I know you are recruiting but damn. There are just to much new players or just players that need help. I rarely even see the Guides ingame (EU Region). You just need to pick up more good people more quickly ...

PLS send help

Larunda relay in EU region normally have me several hours a day. Though I can't say I recall seeing your name around in the relay, Come by from time to time:)

Yup i rarely see gotl on eu region also but at the start of the thread it clearly states that they do have lives outside of Warframe , stay patient and i'm sure when you meet 1 they'll be extremely friendly and help you out!!

I'll start looking for more EU Recruits to help out :) 

- You have at least a 500 hours of game-play logged.  CHECK!

- You display extensive knowledge of the game and keep up to date on the latest content. CHECK!

- You are active on the official Warframe Forums and have no more than 1 warning points on your profile. CHECK!

I'll just sit and wait for my invitation B)

No?... Okay... *goes cry on the corner*

Now, if you need any more spanish-speaking guides, count me in. I Know this is not a recruiting thread... but anyway...

Edited by Lokime