Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Devstream #55!

[DE]Rebecca

That is called "function" inside a "class". Isn't that much of a hard work as you try to display here for others.

And for the GMag stuff - who cares? I actually don't. Wanted her ability "GREEDY" pulling being just for her, so people stop raging and causing havoc all over the place and mocking on a mag "Y U NO PULL?!". Freaking annoying nonsense conversations all over the squad chats.

Rather "let them get close to the core - THAN FREGGING KILL EM" instead of that havoc bs.

I think you might be underestimating the size of the changes needed to go to an individual loot system without forcing the host to generate individual loot for every player creating 4-8 times (depending on number of players) the overhead on the host to manage loot. You would want to change the system to where the clients create and manage their own loot, thereby taking the load off the host, and realizing a performance increase in the process. That is a substantial rewrite.

i like the leg armor on the left kubrow and the spine armor on the right one.

Is it gonna be interchangeable like tenno armor attachments?

I think the parkour 2.0 is too OP, like the double jump but the wall stop a bit non-nonsensical especially if infinite

Frost need a graphic for Snowglobes Health like Rhino's Iron Skin 

i like the leg armor on the left kubrow and the spine armor on the right one.

Is it gonna be interchangeable like tenno armor attachments?

I think the parkour 2.0 is too OP, like the double jump but the wall stop a bit non-nonsensical especially if infinite

Frost need a graphic for Snowglobes Health like Rhino's Iron Skin 

How would that work when you have 4 globes up?

Some things to consider, no one and I mean no one, likes to see their abilities and items get nerfed or obviated. I don't understand the design choice here. Greedy pull is awesome just the way it is, I get to play with my Kubrow, rather than my Carrier, please do NOT kill it. On that Carrier/Greedy Pull note, we don't need another Kubrow breed, we really really really don't. Please consider making 'Fetch' a MOD instead of a breed. We are already getting shorted on the amount of things we can put into a Kubrow, as we can't forma a weapon and a 'base' for it, as we can ANY of the Sentinels. Carrier/Deth Machine/Wyrm/Helios/Djinn/Wyrm Prime.. they all take a potato and forma and on TOP of that we can then potato and forma the weapons they use. There's no equivalent in the Kubrow. IF armor is going to be anything other than cosmetic, please consider giving the ugliest away for free so we can forma and potato it and then add 'Fetch' and a few other items to the mods we can put into the Kubrow ARMOR, this keeps our current Kubrow from becoming obsolete, and allows greater customization of our beloved living pets.

Some ideas for buffing the current crop of skill augment mods:

add to Soul Survivor a flat 2.5% hp restored to caster over 10 seconds on hit.

add to Funnel Clouds a chance to spawn a power orb, equal to Oberon's Reckoning

add to Iron Shrapnel a chance for additional credits to drop from enemies killed by it

add to Ironclad Charge a weak item pull effect

I can go on, but I think you get the idea. If a power is being used a ton, you've done a great thing, take a look at how you can make other powers and play styles more attractive. Please don't go killing the beloved powers, Kubrows, etc. there's always a way to make additive changes. Feel free to pick my brain for more ideas any time and release a Kubrow skin template so we can design new patterns for them, iff'n ya would.

Thank you for your time,

-ND

I have an idea to fix Greedy Pull, if you agree DE, please do this:

The "greedy" part of Greedy Pull will not activate if Pull is used within 5 (or other number) meters of a recently used GPull.

Implementation (and for clarification): When you pull, create an invisible [5] meter radius sphere trigger that lasts [9] seconds before disappearing. If Pull is used within one of these spheres, either:

a. Make the ability not activate, or,

b. Let the user Pull, but not pull items.

This will let Greedy Pull retain the same functionality if used while mobile, but will reduce the amount you can Pull while stationary (say, for example, on Draco or T4D) to once every [9] seconds.

Hope this was helpful. P.S: the numbers in brackets[] can be changed to balance the changes to the ability.

P.P.S: DE, if you are hiring for the Warfarme staff, I would REALY like to be considered, for any position (managment, programming, artistic, creative, janitorial). Just saying.

Honestly I was very skeptical of the new star chart when it was first announced, but now that I saw what Steve has showed us and I really like the concept idea of at least how it might look. I have faith that DE will collaborate with community to find what suits us all best.

here's an idea for Frost 1st ability

instead of instand ice blast, make him charge up, then shoot a frozen beam that freeze all enemy on track and slow down enemy that miss the beam 1mm, the beam will stop after hit the wall.

range mod will make the beam bigger which wider the freeze, duration for enemy frozen time.

Some things to consider, no one and I mean no one, likes to see their abilities and items get nerfed or obviated. I don't understand the design choice here. Greedy pull is awesome just the way it is, I get to play with my Kubrow, rather than my Carrier, please do NOT kill it. On that Carrier/Greedy Pull note, we don't need another Kubrow breed, we really really really don't. Please consider making 'Fetch' a MOD instead of a breed. We are already getting shorted on the amount of things we can put into a Kubrow, as we can't forma a weapon and a 'base' for it, as we can ANY of the Sentinels. Carrier/Deth Machine/Wyrm/Helios/Djinn/Wyrm Prime.. they all take a potato and forma and on TOP of that we can then potato and forma the weapons they use. There's no equivalent in the Kubrow. IF armor is going to be anything other than cosmetic, please consider giving the ugliest away for free so we can forma and potato it and then add 'Fetch' and a few other items to the mods we can put into the Kubrow ARMOR, this keeps our current Kubrow from becoming obsolete, and allows greater customization of our beloved living pets.

Some ideas for buffing the current crop of skill augment mods:

add to Soul Survivor a flat 2.5% hp restored to caster over 10 seconds on hit.

add to Funnel Clouds a chance to spawn a power orb, equal to Oberon's Reckoning

add to Iron Shrapnel a chance for additional credits to drop from enemies killed by it

add to Ironclad Charge a weak item pull effect

I can go on, but I think you get the idea. If a power is being used a ton, you've done a great thing, take a look at how you can make other powers and play styles more attractive. Please don't go killing the beloved powers, Kubrows, etc. there's always a way to make additive changes. Feel free to pick my brain for more ideas any time and release a Kubrow skin template so we can design new patterns for them, iff'n ya would.

Thank you for your time,

-ND

well said !

I did like the star chart concept, I like that there has a lot more of a lore aspect coming to it. The world building is a very important part of the immersion.

Wasn't thrilled with the parkour per say, maybe with some better/finished animations, but it felt a little too much like wall frogger to me. Too much hippity hopping not enough climbing look to it. Same with the double jump. Needs more elegance to it. I have no doubt that it works well, just doesn't look ninja enough yet, except for the wall latching, that looked very good.

Edited by weezedog

man  new mobiity sucks.i wonder how many people will leave this game when this update hits.

who? those who never use parkour and stay at one point using 4 or those who only use coptering all the time to rush a mission? if is this kind of people, please dont wait the update and leave.

I actually love what I'm seeing for Parkour 2.0. Combat is actually going to feel far more engaging from what I see so far. The one thing I never liked about Warframe to date was that movement was never much of a factor in combat. Copter here and there blowing things up once you reach where you want to kill. This also adds far more tactical agency to players in determining how they want to handle encounters. In fact the void will be the absolute BEST place to use the new system due to it's vertical design. Overall I have to say that the coptering era was boring and felt completely rushed unless I played solo. Now no more worries about that.

Lastly to anyone that has complaints about it's removal, get over it. Copterframe did not feel like being a space ninja. Parkour 2.0 certainly has that feel thus far. The only thing that remains is to get our hands on it to confirm if looks= reality.

who? those who never use parkour and stay at one point using 4 or those who only use coptering all the time to rush a mission? if is this kind of people, please dont wait the update and leave.

The concept of wall hopping is unpleasing, i think he meant that. Personally , i think is looks plain bad, i really wanted to see what we saw in the tomb of the sentients trailer at tenno live, i was very hyped when i saw that trailer. Now all i can say is "meh... bunny hop on the walls, so mlg". I really hope that they will bring wall running back, this wall hopping makes me sad and makes warframe look like jazz the rabbit.

Also, i know it's WIP, but let's be serious, the animations will be the same, just a little bit smoother if DE doesn't keep our feedback on their minds.

Edited by LeeoBSL

alot of people left when u16 was released so ya. 

if you want slow game play then i guess youre a slow kind of person.

Sorry if running the same mission the 200th time isn't exciting enough to do it slowly.

Thoughts:

can we still have the old wall running done in some way too? The general thing is really cool, but the loss of mobility is a pain, and the current hopping along the wall looks extremely awkward.

Could frost get a mod that allows him to keep the mid-air freezes?(perhaps create ice spikes up from the ground to support enemies frozen in mid-air?) The parkour potential of freezing mid-air enemies to use as jumping platforms is amazing.