Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifier Tech And Concentrated Energy

Doom_Bunny

On a mission I thought I saw an Excal kill a nullifier through it's bubble using a wave from his sword. I began testing this and found that the wave was not going through the bubble but obliterating the bubble. Though this doesn't make any sense, the nullifer tech stops all energy. A wave of energy should merely disperse when it comes in contact with nullifier tech. However there is another frame that can destroy a nullifier bubble with an ability and that is Valkyr. With Valkyr's hysteria you can (very gingerly) destroy and nullifier's bubble.

What these two frames have in common is that they both manifest weapon(s) out of pure energy. I assume this energy has to be concentrated to be able to gain a physical form. Which means that nullifier tech can't stop large amounts of energy when that energy is concentrated. So the relationship between nullifier tech and energy might not be so one sided as we first thought.

Edited by Postal_pat

So what I'm hearing is that the Opticor should be able to burst that bubble in one shot? The laser cannon certainly has to be expending a large amount of concentrated energy.

Doesn't it already do that with the massive amount of damage it puts out? Then there's the whole possability of corpus energy vs. void energy.

Doesn't it already do that with the massive amount of damage it puts out? Then there's the whole possability of corpus energy vs. void energy.

I'm pretty sure "corpus energy" is just..concentrated plasma?

Something like that. Pretty sure it's plasma iirc.

Void energy is interesting though. We don't seem to know much about it.

No, no, no dude. You've got it all wrong. There is no convoluted reason about concentrated energy (though that theory's not even right to begin with an I'll say why later in this post) but the reason this happens is because of the less convoluted thing known as Game Mechanics.

Currently, since Excalibur's Ultimate is so new, the energy wave that he's summoning is causing the game to bug out and make the Nullifiers bubble think it's being hit multiple times and enough so that it's being popped. So the game mechanics are being overwhelmed and it's simply a bug that DE hasn't fixed.

Now on the concentrated energy and nullifier's bubble not being able to stop concentrated energy... That's not true at all.

Why? Because those aren't the only two powers that are made out of "concentrated energy." You're forgetting Rip Line, Radial Javelin, Shuriken, Fire Ball, Ice, Mesa's bullets, Shock, Prism, Nyx's Bolts, Nova's Drop, Oberon's Smite... They're stopped by the bubble. Hell, Radial Javelin has more form than Excalibur's energy wave does, it moves much faster, and is a piercing object. So the theory just doesn't hold up in any shape or fashion.

they still havent fixed the nullifier bubble to take amount of dmg into account... still only shrinks at a pr hit ration... making slow weapons like bows useless against them...

No, no, no dude. You've got it all wrong. There is no convoluted reason about concentrated energy (though that theory's not even right to begin with an I'll say why later in this post) but the reason this happens is because of the less convoluted thing known as Game Mechanics.

Currently, since Excalibur's Ultimate is so new, the energy wave that he's summoning is causing the game to bug out and make the Nullifiers bubble think it's being hit multiple times and enough so that it's being popped. So the game mechanics are being overwhelmed and it's simply a bug that DE hasn't fixed.

Probably something to do with the fact that the bubble shrinks, and the exalted blade wave goes through objects it hits, so as the shield shrinks, it's in contact with the wave several time, which the bubble takes as being hit multiple times.

Aww S#&$, here goes Excalibro.

inb4 next hotfix makes Exalted Blade unable to penetrate Nullifiers' shields. THANKS.

As over powered as Exalted blade is. I'm pretty sure I just gave you a possible way to keep this affect against nullifiers.

Now on the concentrated energy and nullifier's bubble not being able to stop concentrated energy... That's not true at all.

Why? Because those aren't the only two powers that are made out of "concentrated energy." You're forgetting Rip Line, Radial Javelin, Shuriken, Fire Ball, Ice, Mesa's bullets, Shock, Prism, Nyx's Bolts, Nova's Drop, Oberon's Smite... They're stopped by the bubble. Hell, Radial Javelin has more form than Excalibur's energy wave does, it moves much faster, and is a piercing object. So the theory just doesn't hold up in any shape or fashion.

Yes it is the game mechanics causing this however at the same time it may have been intended. Since we don't know it's fun to think what if.

Fire ball, ice, shock, Nova, Smite These all use elements. It's possible that these frames use a combination of energy and elements. A fusion of sorts.

Nyx, Shuriken These use items. Again it's possibly the items are being infused with energy from the frame.

Rip line for this move to reach as far as it does it becomes less concentrated then her claws.

Radial javelin same rule. More swords are produced leading to a less concentrated result.

Mesa pretty much the same rule as radial javelin. If each bullet was as concentrated as hysteria or excalted blade she wouldn't be able put out as much. As for her first it's an absorbing affect like Nyx. The energy doesn't concentrate as it absorbs damage.

Prism well let's think about it. She creates then throws a ball that releases energy and can pop at any time releasing blinding energy. Since Mirage is feeding the ball with her power. One would assume that the ball is concentrated energy and the energy coming off it is regular energy as the ball slowly degrades. Hence why she must feed the ball, to stop it from degrading.

Limbo there's lots of energy but none of it is concentrated into a point like Excal or Valkyr.

Probably something to do with the fact that the bubble shrinks, and the exalted blade wave goes through objects it hits, so as the shield shrinks, it's in contact with the wave several time, which the bubble takes as being hit multiple times.

Tried Excal on void survival today. The bubble considers 1 energy wave as 1 shot for me so I still needed that 7-9 shots to completely take out the bubble.