Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Meanwhile In Tactical Alert...

-Axphyxia-

Seriously I don't know what to do with those people, that only join to TA to afk.
I wasn't thinking about to post anything related to them in TA , but  seriously I got pissed after many times I did TA, and in most of those runs I got a guy who afk entirely the mission.

Just here a little example.

Removed Link.

They just do nothing and still get the reward like just doing something in last wave or the last 2 waves.
I don't care if someone is newbie and go there I don't have any problem with them, I can help them, but seriously, I willn't carry an afker in a mission ( or even If I'm working in team, I still get more pissed due we're working to finish mission, and someone just " well yolo, I'll afk ") I even think they help alot more.

Meh I just hope someday we can do something with them. =_=

Edited by Gyynyyxx

If they go afk right at the start just let the mission fail and go into another one.

the problem is when they join lately, I mean when someone join like wave 15-18 for an example, I can't abort if I'm almost in half mission. I can easy abort if it's other kind of mission but in TA I can't if 25 waves is already so long, I'll not abort if someone join just to afk when I'm in these waves

the problem is when they join lately, I mean when someone join like wave 15-18 for an example, I can't abort if I'm almost in half mission. I can easy abort if it's other kind of mission but in TA I can't if 25 waves is already so long, I'll not abort if someone join just to afk when I'm in these waves

Fair point and it sucks. But if you made it that far with 1 person down then an afk person isn't going to make very much of a difference.

Me personally I'm more annoyed by getting put in a game with a Mesa who kills everything across the map before I (or anyone else) can get to them, making the already boring map even more boring.

we need the ability to vote for kick !

Probably true, even though some players are scum and this will be abused.

Your MR is too high/low -> Kick

You don't desecrate enough -> Kick

You're Rhino -> Kick

It's Wednesday -> Kick

But we've reached a point where I think it's a risk I'd be willing to take, if only to kick players, who contribute absolutely nothing.

A kick option would be abused. Although, afk systems should auto-kick players after a certain amount of time. Our current state has no sense. 

It's the problem. they just move around a bit and it's solves it. so means after all, we can't do nothing against them :/

and about votekick option: even if they made it the kickvote as team ( I mean not host can kick, only if all team can vote, they still will abuse it. )

seems after all as I understand on U17 we can't pick matchmaking, so the problem of afkers maybe will be more. I just hope they give us an option or at least they can handle those kind of ppl.

Maybe a report AFK function or something? If enough players report the same guy for repeatedly going AFK in every match, somebody at DE will check their statistics, see how much  they actually kill, damage, whatever in a match and dish out some punishment accordingly? Of course that would require them to actually look at these misbehaving players in the first place...

Maybe a report AFK function or something? If enough players report the same guy for repeatedly going AFK in every match, somebody at DE will check their statistics, see how much  they actually kill, damage, whatever in a match and dish out some punishment accordingly? Of course that would require them to actually look at these misbehaving players in the first place...

That should be nice, but I guess will be so complex, due algorithms to make it work, or if they use real people for check it (that last option is so expensive and the first one well can have some mistakes :/) so Meh that's why I think we can't do nothing against them without have a secondary effect

A kick option would be abused. Although, afk systems should auto-kick players after a certain amount of time. Our current state has no sense. 

Personally, I'd like the option to vote kick pop up only after the AFK timer activates, and only the Host can activate either option.  An auto kick would be detrimental to someone that has a legitimate reason to go AFK and their team gives consent.  i.e. cat knocks over the monitor or spills the drink on your lap and you need about 5 minutes to get everything cleaned up.

It's the problem. they just move around a bit and it's solves it. so means after all, we can't do nothing against them :/

and about votekick option: even if they made it the kickvote as team ( I mean not host can kick, only if all team can vote, they still will abuse it. )

seems after all as I understand on U17 we can't pick matchmaking, so the problem of afkers maybe will be more. I just hope they give us an option or at least they can handle those kind of ppl.

I don't know what to say. Whatever system you choose (kick vote or auto-kick), there always are downsides. Auto-kick can be eluded, but kick vote can really be abused. 

Imagine to be in an important mission, maybe after the spawn of rare enemies (like assassins) or after you found a rare mod/drop. Imagine the omnipresent troll who start a poll to kick you. It's not cool. 

This is a good idea. 

Personally, I'd like the option to vote kick pop up only after the AFK timer activates, and only the Host can activate either option.  An auto kick would be detrimental to someone that has a legitimate reason to go AFK and their team gives consent.  i.e. cat knocks over the monitor or spills the drink on your lap and you need about 5 minutes to get everything cleaned up.

You're right girl.

You know what the saddest thing is? Not only is nothing gonna happen, but technically you're naming & shaming the guy, which is against the forum rules. :-/

*In ghostly voice* kick feature...KICK FEATURE....

Oh good grief there is going to be very little abuse. With a team vote, there would be very little abuse, if any.

Edited by (XB1)ShapelessHorr0r

Hey guys just happen to work an a server recently some of you may not understand but it hit me like a car i got a good idea for AFK.

No realy i just copied it but still.

Use an algorithm to detect AFK something like

- Not Looting

- Not dealing Damage

- Not using power 

- Not Moving

- Not Firing

- Not receiving damage

Combine 5 of those sorry but you are afk

when they are considered afk they are automaticly enable for replacement allowing people to join the game to replace them.

When a player attempt to replace the AFK player there is a Message Shown on the screen like  " You are going to be replace in this fight by PLAYERNAME " If they dont click on "Continue to fight" within 30 seconds they are kicked and replaced by the player trying to join.

Just an idea may not be the best but leave me your toughts.

Probably true, even though some players are scum and this will be abused.

Your MR is too high/low -> Kick

You don't desecrate enough -> Kick

You're Rhino -> Kick

It's Wednesday -> Kick

But we've reached a point where I think it's a risk I'd be willing to take, if only to kick players, who contribute absolutely nothing.

This.  The vote kick system will lead to so much griefing.

Really...  People should either learn to play with the occasional unpleasant player and/or play with friends.  It's healthy to have a combination of both.

I meet lots of awesome people playing every week and run into the occasional jerk here and there.  It's no big deal.

I know what to do. I use Loki and switch teleport them inside a large group of Grineer. 

YES!

Really...  People should either learn to play with the occasional unpleasant player and/or play with friends.  It's healthy to have a combination of both.

I meet lots of awesome people playing every week and run into the occasional jerk here and there.  It's no big deal.

A report button would be nice to have in game as well. (If there is one I have not seen it.)

This is the worst comment and attitude I have read on this thread.  seriously, a guy comes into your squad goes afk for 20waves and you're ok with carrying this person?

No, this kind of behaviour cannot be tolerated.  I just hope this post goes unnoticed unlike some good ideas people have come up with.