The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Rework : Press "e" To Win

Wargasm_v2.X

Combos are a whole deferent theme, one that will not be adressed by DE ever, because it would mean they would have to rework them and give us Melee 3.0

Problem is - most combos are almost stationary. Hmm, what do you not want to be in a high-lv mission? Let me thing. I guess...stationary? So yeah, that double-backflip-spin-slash-kick looked awesome, sorry to inform you that meanwhile a bombard gave you a rocket for a gag-ball and you are dead.

DE re-addressin combos seem more of a large animation overhaul than a revamp of the melee system (which has a solid base, but needs refine tweaking). Combos are at best style points, they need more practical use. Which is EB in a nutshell.

Because it stems from the reason the combos don't have any meaning to use. They dont produce any different size or shape waves vs spamming e and they're harder to perform.

Infact, exalted blade shows why combos need to be looked at on a whole.

Frost abilities such as snowglobe and freeze have chance to shatter foes frozen foes which will instantly kill them if the devstream is accurate.

So yes, DE is doing that.

If people cant be disciplined enough to perform a simple combo, then I dont think this is something DE can fix. If you cant control yourself enough to stop from spamming eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, then you have much larger issues than a combo system rework.

Edited by Faulcun

If people cant be disciplined enough to perform a simple combo, then I dont think this is something DE can fix. If you cant control yourself enough to stop from spamming eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, then you have much larger issues than a combo system rework.

Except you're completely ignoring why people only spam eeeeeee

It's combos are lacking in both damage multipliers or Cc potential (spare mini blind which isn't even that much of a combo)

Objectively there's no reason why I shouldn't spam E. It's not like the combos offer anything better, unless I'm wrong then please correct me.

It's combos are lacking in both damage multipliers or Cc potential (spare mini blind which isn't even that much of a combo)

Objectively there's no reason why I shouldn't spam E. It's not like the combos offer anything better, unless I'm wrong then please correct me.

they offer you lower dps. :P

Different combos are useful for different situations. Some hit faster than others, some attack in a spreading style, or a more direct style. One of them will also ragdoll any enemies that get hit by it.

Also, energy wave damage is increased from your melee counter, but they do NOT contribute to it.

You are basically asking why you should bother learning how to use that ability to its fullest advantages, and I really dont know how to answer it... because the answer should be obvious.

Different combos are useful for different situations. Some hit faster than others, some attack in a spreading style, or a more direct style. One of them will also ragdoll any enemies that get hit by it.

Also, energy wave damage is increased from your melee counter, but they do NOT contribute to it.

You are basically asking why you should bother learning how to use that ability to its fullest advantages, and I really dont know how to answer it... because the answer should be obvious.

The only viable thing you mention is one of the combos ragdoll enemies.

The main draw of exalted blade is the fact it produces energy waves, not the sword. I'm fairly certain of that.i f you want to combos to be more attractive, you alter how the waves produce by them work. Because they aren't any different than regular eeeee spam.

Yes I am well aware the waves damage is increased by melee combo counter, but damage is the least of it's concerns.

How are people suppose to discipline themselves to use useless slow combos?

What's rag doll gonna do against a corpse?

Especially a heavy corpse you stabbed in the back after blinding him...

Fight bosses?

The only viable thing you mention is one of the combos ragdoll enemies.

The main draw of exalted blade is the fact it produces energy waves, not the sword. I'm fairly certain of that.i f you want to combos to be more attractive, you alter how the waves produce by them work. Because they aren't any different than regular eeeee spam.

Yes I am well aware the waves damage is increased by melee combo counter, but damage is the least of it's concerns.

apparently not because I see a ton of people who, once again, cant seem to make it to 20-40+ min spamming waves all over the place.

How are people suppose to discipline themselves to use useless slow combos?

What's rag doll gonna do against a corpse?

Especially a heavy corpse you stabbed in the back after blinding him...

Fight bosses?

Meh, I dont find them useless.

I don't really feel Exalted Blade is a melee anymore. There are just way too much of those energy waves.

I'm thinking that not every damn swing should create one but different combos could have some attack(s) that create different types of waves.

Exalted blade is great and fun but honestly it needs a ittle nerf. Waves go through walls and floors. I mean come on, give it a 3-5 meters  PT but not infinite!  Damage is ok, but i think DE wanted to do too much with exalted blade. 

Also there's those guys that spam E while in exalted blade and are only throwing waves at enemies when i thought Excalibur was more a melee warframe. Now excal is fluctus frame 2015.

IMHO, it still needs some tweaking.

Edited by Stoner74

shouldn't you be more concerned about mirage blinding enemies through walls? so you're going to pick on a frame that's finally decent? 

one way or another: mirage-broken, excal-broken, frost-broken, rhino-broken, saryn-broken, mag-broken, mesa-broken, etc-broken, mobs-broken, draco-broken, starchart-broken etc-broken

so which exactly we should be more concerned about?

Actually isnt press ultimate to win because you need to blind the ennemies  ( and not just with a slide attack because this blind is pretty useless ) ,ultimate alone isnt enough powerfull to kill higher level ennemies . 

Then you cant damage in 360 ° unlike many warframe's ultimates but only in front of you so you need to be moving all the time unlike frost, volt, loki... Even in endless defense .

So no, clearly Exca isnt overpowered and he is a blessing for melee lovers

Actually isnt press ultimate to win because you need to blind the ennemies  ( and not just with a slide attack because this blind is pretty useless ) ,ultimate alone isnt enough powerfull to kill higher level ennemies . 

Then you cant damage in 360 ° unlike many warframe's ultimates but only in front of you so you need to be moving all the time unlike frost, volt, loki... Even in endless defense .

So no, clearly Exca isnt overpowered and he is a blessing for melee lovers

so it's fine if my hydrogen bomb deal damage in a 45 degree cone as long as it doesn't deal damage in 360 degree?

okay, seems legit

Edited by Pro3Display

He isn't overpowered at all. At lower levels he will tear through enemies with ease, but at the higher levels Exalted Blade really starts to drop-off.

I have played 1.5 HRS survival by Trin whilst having a nice Excal by side, He teared through 160 lvl Leech eximus in seconds. IN SECONDS MAN!

Edited by pavlo555

If we follow your logic  : "easy" farm in HL  =  OP  what about loki, trinity, frost, chroma, mirage  ect ?  

Loki = spam ulti , ennemies from level 1 to 999999 are useless  

Trinity = infinite energy , more spam ult 

Frost = massive control, perma slow ( with loki the control is a joke ) 

Mirage = Spam ult = Hi , I can blind the entire map.

And this even in level 999 

So what ? Better nerf all frame ? I dont think so .

Better up Ember, fix def void and change drop table in void  :) 

Edited by Asokah

Yeah put WoF into the trashcan and give her something like a melting aura - with Excalibur efficency lvl of course.

Like 15m radius every enemy melts for 2000 dmg/sec + 50%/2.5x crit; see? Ember is fixed now.

Oh, panic or radiation proc included btw.

And while we are at it let Accelerant buff all damage not just fire.

Edit:

The thing is: Why would i care to cc the enemys or buff my allies when i can shredd everything on the map in secounds.

I like excalted blade myself especially with dual cleavers but its way to power efficient.

You at least should be bothered with power consumption as it is now Excalibur can go super saiyan all the day.

Oh btw you forgot the best frame in the game: Nyx Chaos all the way man.

Edited by bubbabenali

That could maybe be solved by making the right mouse button fire the waves, so players would get to choose.

It's not like you need to be able to hold/switch block with Exalted Blade on anyway and RMB is only used one time in one of the eight combos in the Exalted Blade stance, which I think can afford to have one wave slotted into the combo.

Couple that with better combos (e.g. add AoE knockdown to one of them) and maybe a slight range increase for the blade, and it will already be an improvement. Waves don't have to be useless, the melee portion of EB just needs to be on par with them. 

If we follow your logic  : "easy" farm in HL  =  OP  what about loki, trinity, frost, chroma, mirage  ect ?  

And this even in level 999 

So what ? Better nerf all frame ? I dont think so .

Wasted words man, babies are gonna cry anyway until they get bored or find something else to whine about.

just a giving a little opinion/info after playing a while on excal:

Every1 is correct at almsot everyhing,except one thing.Auto parry is great for sure,but stamina is a big problem,if you keep using attacks end everything,you go out of stamina REALLY fast,so no auto-parry for you.And even if you auto parry,at high lvl it takes a lot of stamina fast,so once again you wont have enough to keep parry up.
Its good,but not as overpowered as it looks like as stamina works as a limit on how much you can parry anyway.
It might need change after stamina will be removed,cause it will be overpowered then.

just a giving a little opinion/info after playing a while on excal:

Every1 is correct at almsot everyhing,except one thing.Auto parry is great for sure,but stamina is a big problem,if you keep using attacks end everything,you go out of stamina REALLY fast,so no auto-parry for you.And even if you auto parry,at high lvl it takes a lot of stamina fast,so once again you wont have enough to keep parry up.

Its good,but not as overpowered as it looks like as stamina works as a limit on how much you can parry anyway.

It might need change after stamina will be removed,cause it will be overpowered then.

Have you tried to parry long enough so you run out of stamina with Exalted Blade? Do so and see what happens. Exalted Blade auto-parry consumes stamina, but even when it runs out, it only means you can't perform other actions that need stamina, you won't stop auto-parrying, ever, as long as Exalted Blade is on. Just read the ability description from the wiki, if you don't believe me.

The cost for parrying and energy waving is paid by the continuous energy drain and not being able to use energy restores.

And no, Exalted Blade eternal parrying is not the "problem" here, it's defense is only about 1/3 as good as Hysteria (only protects from front and not even that 100% from some things, drains your stamina to 0 quickly which will limit your mobility), what some people are complaining about is the offensive ranged part of the ability, the punchtrough and damage of the waves.

Which I personally disagree with is an "issue". It only makes Excalibur one of the strong frames finally, like all the frames should be.

Edited by IronRoby