The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Is Greedy Pull An Exploit ? If Its Working As Intended

Please Explain?

&& also this is a game, people are going to find efficient ways to play the game. So even if they get rid of radial javelin excal , he WILL be replaced by peacemaker mesa. && if they do Nerf greedy mag , she WILL be replaced by EV trinity. Efficient ways to farm/play doesn't equal 'Exploit.'

Btw I do not use Gmag or peace mesa and do not use this any of these methods mentioned, I'm just wondering what kind of mindset do the devs have.

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

Who said something about an exploit? As far as i know the problem is the high lazyness gmag is giving a lot of people see it like a problem .. even DE saw this.

Yeah we know this game is farm farm farm but here on pc some skills are been abused with bots "macros"(i know a lot use them).. So you to ask this.. blame the PC users mate sorry for CONSOLE players.

And yeah i myself wonder if DE knows what theyre doing xD, to add something into a game you should wonder how it would help  and how it would be a problem.

Edited by xDesconocidox

Who said something about an exploit? As far as i know the problem is the high lazyness gmag is giving a lot of people see it like a problem .. even DE saw this.

Yeah we know this game is farm farm farm but here on pc some skills are been abused with bots "macros"(i know a lot use them).. So you to ask tihs.. blame the PC users mate sorry for PS4 players

A lot of people say it's an exploit in various other threads without ever really explaining how it is.

And blame the players? F*** that noise. Blame DE for making the game the way it is and blame DE for not fixing the main issue after 2 and a half years after hundreds and hundreds of threads complaining about how broken the loot tables are with rng on top of rng and low drop rates and all kinds of other fun stuff.

DE made this mess and thus far have refused to fix it. Taking away the tools that we use to cope with the mess we're given without fixing the actual problem(s) is just going to piss people off.

Blame the players? Please.

Edited by f3llyn

Greedy pull isn't an exploit. It's how it is being used for farming that is exploiting. Gmag is usually accompanied by a nekros and a hydroid or mesa, this means the players are standing still using powers and trollolololing through the game not actually playing it. That is the exploit DE wants to nerf, and in that process it is likely DE will make greedy pull only work for the mag using it, not the other players to stop it being used as an exploit.

H > Triton, need gp mag

H > Draco, need gp mag

H > T4 defence, need gp mag

This is not how the game is supposed to be played. Yes I know people find the most efficient methods to get what they want due to the huge grindwall but that doesn't mean you let 1 button do all the work for you. The augment itself is corrupt and needs to be gotten rid of instead of being nerfed into a self-serving mod which is going to become superfluous IMO.

I'm just wondering what kind of mindset do the devs have.

-DISCLAIMER: THIS IS JUST AN OPINION-

You're a game developer, you've just shown your player base a new parkour system and you believe that's a good step for your game. A lot of players "play" your game by sitting still at the same spot button mashing. You are now a sad game developer because u've spent time and resources making systems that are ignored by players.

DE is constantly changing their game, they have plans for it. It's not wrong to find an efficient way to farm, what they (I think) are trying to address is the fact that people aren't playing the game as actively as they wished (thus ignoring a lot of things they brought/are to bring).

With that said, DE has a lot to work on the drop/reward system, regardless of people asking for nerf or being anti-nerf, DE does what DE wants. They are bringing about a new starchart system AND the "blow up the void" thing, with that, we assume a massive change in the loot tables will happen.

TL;DR: it's not the efficient system players found, it's the lack of activity in said system that defies what DE is constantly working for.

-End of opinion-

Edited by (PS4)Dan_Aria

Greedy pull isn't an exploit. It's how it is being used for farming that is exploiting. Gmag is usually accompanied by a nekros and a hydroid or mesa, this means the players are standing still using powers and trollolololing through the game not actually playing it. That is the exploit DE wants to nerf, and in that process it is likely DE will make greedy pull only work for the mag using it, not the other players to stop it being used as an exploit.

Who knew? Synergy is an exploit now.

For real though, that doesn't make a single bit of sense. If everyone is using the abilities and mods as they were designed, and within the limits of how they were designed then that can't be an exploit no matter how you look at it.

At best it's working as intended and at worst, and DE is famous for this, it's poor game design.

Edited by f3llyn

-DISCLAIMER: THIS IS JUST AN OPINION-

You're a game developer, you've just shown your player base a new parkour system and you believe that's a good step for your game. A lot of players "play" your game by sitting still at the same spot button mashing. You are now a sad game developer because u've spent time and resources making systems that are ignored by players.

DE is constantly changing their game, they have plans for it. It's not wrong to find an efficient way to farm, what they (I think) are trying to address is the fact that people aren't playing the game as actively as they wished (thus ignoring a lot of things they brought/are to bring).

With that said, DE has a lot to work on the drop/reward system, regardless of people asking for nerf or being anti-nerf, DE does what DE wants. They are bringing about a new starchart system AND the "blow up the void" thing, with that, we assume a massive change in the loot tables will happen.

TL;DR: it's not the efficient system players found, it's the lack of activity in said system that defies what DE is constantly working for.

-End of opinion-

You're a game developer. You make your game extremely grindy, and ignore two and a half years of feedback complaining about it and suggesting changes.

You notice people found a way to make that grind a bit less painful. You remove it despite people trying to convince you of the contrary.

One week later, you release a new set of prime items with sub 1% chance to drops on a fractal grind system and rake in the prime access cash.

The only conclusion we can come to is that DE is playing this off as an exploit to cover up their poor game design. So they don't actually have to fix any of the real problems regarding the loot tables, drop rates, or affinity gain.

Debloating the star chart won't help a single bit unless they debloat the loot tables to go along with it.

And it is poor game design no matter how much you might love the fine folks at DE and Warframe.

Edited by f3llyn

What did they think people were gonna do with greedy pull? As soon as I got mine I was able to solo certain defense missions with out ever having to come down to danger and I can stretch it so far an aura will never get me. I don't farm a whole lot mostly just my syndicate stuff.

You're a game developer. You make your game extremely grindy, and ignore two and a half years of feedback complaining about it and suggesting changes.

You notice people found a way to make that grind a bit less painful. You remove it despite people trying to convince you of the contrary.

One week later, you release a new set of prime items with sub 1% chance to drops on a fractal grind system and rake in the prime access cash.

I did say they have a lot to work on the Loot/Reward system. Didn't I? I am well aware of how grindy the game is.

I am in no way, shape or form patting DE in the back and saying "GOOD JOB!". Personally I see no problem in people finding their way to farm efficiently.

But let's face it, this is DE's game, it is not in our power to post a myriad of threads on a subject AND against said subject and expect they will obey us.

Also, I did point out that they have PLANS for new mission systems and whatnot. I can only expect they do it right and make things less painful, no?

@ Rake the prime access cash, that may be the intention.. or maybe it isn't. One thing is for certain, a lot of people play warframe for a loooooong time now despite all the conspiracy theorycraft. If anything, this game is less bad at that than a thousand of Free to play games out there.

Edited by (PS4)Dan_Aria

lol so true

H > Triton, need gp mag

H > Draco, need gp mag

H > T4 defence, need gp mag

This is not how the game is supposed to be played. Yes I know people find the most efficient methods to get what they want due to the huge grindwall but that doesn't mean you let 1 button do all the work for you. The augment itself is corrupt and needs to be gotten rid of instead of being nerfed into a self-serving mod which is going to become superfluous IMO.

You're looking at it backwards. The need for gmap is just a symptom of the real problem. Nerfing gmag out of existance won't fix the actual problem.

It's like trying to cure a simple cough when the real issue is tuberculosis. Sure you can cure the cough for a little while, but sooner or later the real issue is going to pop up again and it's going to be worse because you neglected it the first time.

And this is an issue DE has been neglecting for a long time.

Edited by f3llyn

I like how you guys sit around and talk crap about de in all sorts of manner and call them cash grabbers and things.

only to forget that they release hotfixes and patches on sundays and weekends, work through holidays and are always posting and gathering feedback in the forums.  you forget how often thy stay up till 3 or 4 in the morning trying to make sure they get the update as clean as possible.

tell me those are the actions of a cash grabber.

they sound more like the self sacrifice of a dev who loves the game.

working as intended? that's curious.

Pull is Constrained by LoS. on purpose, because being able to permanently CC all Enemies within 2.x Tiles in front of you was pretty Overpowered in the past. so LoS constrained.

Greedy Pull removes that. you can Pull Enemies through Walls again.

working as intended? do tell.

You're looking at it backwards. The need for gmap is just a symptom of the real problem. Nerfing gmag out of existance won't fix the actual problem.

It's like trying to cure a simple cough when the real issue is tuberculosis. Sure you can cure the cough for a little while, but sooner or later the real issue is going to pop up again and it's going to be worse because you neglected it the first time.

And this is an issue DE has been neglecting for a long time.

^ this, it won't stop happening by nerfing Gmag when the problems are deep into the game's loot and reward system being extremely inefficient. If anything the Gmag nerf will only cause people to jump back to Trinity and then more Trinity nerfs (if they keep this band-aid solution way of thinking)

Unfortunately, it's all up to DE ONLY and all we can do is hope that their plans for new systems work out for the best.

Edited by (PS4)Dan_Aria

Honestly, energy efficiency and no cooldowns seem to be the roots of these problems.

Im not arguing that DE should implement such nerfs, but enemies certainly still lack ways to succesfully deal with it. Maybe if Zanuka hunters, Hyenas and Bursas were regurarly spawned enemies....

Edited by -skimmer-

A lot of people say it's an exploit in various other threads without ever really explaining how it is.

And blame the players? F*** that noise. Blame DE for making the game the way it is and blame DE for not fixing the main issue after 2 and a half years after hundreds and hundreds of threads complaining about how broken the loot tables are with rng on top of rng and low drop rates and all kinds of other fun stuff.

DE made this mess and thus far have refused to fix it. Taking away the tools that we use to cope with the mess we're given without fixing the actual problem(s) is just going to piss people off.

This. +1

Pull is Constrained by LoS. on purpose, because being able to permanently CC all Enemies within 2.x Tiles in front of you was pretty Overpowered in the past. so LoS constrained.

Well to this point in time DE have never said (that I'm aware of anyways) that Gpull was never supposed to remove LoS. So we can safely assume that it's working as intended.

I'm no coder or anything but I can assume that it is fairly easy to change that and if what you're saying is true, and it is indeed broken, that they would have fixed it quite quickly a long time ago.

'Working as intended' as in it was release to the masses this way, if De actually tested their content then they would of known about what you just described soo... YES working as intended. Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

I agree