Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Draco: Don’T Nerf Mesa/gmag – Just Lower The Energy Orb Drop Rate (+ 2 Addendum For De)

Saint_Tan

Greetings Warframers and DE!

Played a Draco run last night – with the usual 4 suspects.  (I’ve only ever played like 12 of these runs.)

For whatever reason, the Energy Orbs were extremely sparse ALL game. 

Even with GMag pulling, there was never enough energy (even with my efficiency buffed Mesa.)  I actually had to “play” the mission about 50-60% of the time (instead of just holding down “4”).

Made a difference for sure (kind of fun too!)  We still got our loot fix, but had to work/worry a little more.  Put some zest back into the game!

Certainly not saying this should be across the board on all planets/missions.

But singling out Draco for lower energy drops is much better (in my opinion) then altering Mesa/Gmag.  IF (and that is a big “if”, DE insists on doing anything at all).

P.S. – Dear DE,

The above being said, I rarely make these Mesa/Gmag Draco runs.  I was never a player in the whole Viver thing, or the old Excal spam.  I actually enjoy playing most of the missions as intended.

But I AM a Warframer who feels players should be allowed to play in any manner they choose – as long as it falls within the framework of the game.

Just as my Archwing missions runs don’t affect the Draco mission runners, those  players running Draco for loot don’t affect my games.

So who cares?

If Ember was walking through walls or suddenly ‘teleporting ‘ directly to extraction – those would be bugs.  Those would need fixing. 

DE – I am one of your biggest supporters (play time and financially).  I’m a huge fan.  But does the Draco ‘play style’ really take that much money out of your coffers?

Isn’t it a super POSITIVE thing that people are actually using their free time PLAYING Warframe (as intended or as crafty looters) versus playing some OTHER game.  Or heaven forbid: unplug entirely and go enjoy the summer outdoors the ‘old fashioned’ way.

There is a certain % of players who enjoy playing Draco (and it’s kind) a certain way.  Remove that, and those players will find a different means.  So why not accept this play style?  Why not EMBRACE it?

Why risk loosing Warframe players to a different game/activity/hobby? 

Bottom line is: whatever a person’s play style is, isn’t it good for Warframe’s future to have a healthy PLAYER BASE.  Why alienate players who are enjoying your game?  (Hackers and trolls aside…)

Finally:

Dear DE (part 2),

I really enjoy watching the Devstreams.  Have seen them all!  You guys are all like old friends.

But the most recent one had a moment that bothered me. 

Rebecca pulled up a recent stat that indicated “GMag’s power 4” was the most used.  That prompted a discussion that maybe something should be done about this (as if this was a problem that needed correcting.)

That is troubling. 

Let’s take that train of thought and expand:

Weapon ‘X’ (Bolter Prime?) is the most used – let’s ‘fix’ that.

Warframe ‘X’ is the most used – let’s ‘fix’ that.

Sentinel ‘X’ is the most used – let’s ‘fix’ that.

Ok, you can see I went to ridiculous extremes here.  But I’m trying to make a point:

If the majority of the player base like/use something the most, why is that indicative of a problem?  Doesn’t that reflect you hit on something RIGHT?  Run with it!  Don’t try to squelch it.

Would a car manufacturer or candy company take away their most popular items due to public overuse? 

I understand that Warframe is a business venture – and it needs to make $ to continue to exist. 

But to my mind, it is better to retain players (potential revenue suppliers) than drive them away because they figured out a way to get a few more free mods from Draco.

Just my two cents.  (Maybe four…)

Peace and Warframe

I was reading until you said "I'm one of your biggest supporters...". More critical thinking about game health as a whole and less feeling entitled to your way cause you spend a lot of money on the game (hell, I buy every PA packs; should my opinion be the most considered?).

Anyway.

The reason Pull is being used the most is because people hotkey it and lean back for 2 minutes while energy is pulled to the auto aim turret next to them, move 10 meters, move back, repeat. The Boltor Prime is used most because it is a very high DPS gun that honestly doesn't take much skill to use compared to other similar/higher DPS guns (Latron Prime/Wraith BLOW it out of the water with consistent headshots. Prisma Grakata scales against armored enemies much better with status. Dread headshots/bleed procs are a hidden DPS boost that lifts it to easily top tier).

"If the majority of the player base like/use something the most, why is that indicative of a problem?  Doesn’t that reflect you hit on something RIGHT?  Run with it!  Don’t try to squelch it."

Wrong. It means that human nature (less effort for same rewards=good) is taking the path of least resistance. Ideally, usage stats are widely spread to represent different people liking different playstyles, not simply using one combo to cheese the entire game, similar to the Rhino "noob" meta.

Nerfing energy drops would increase trouble for every other frame in the game, especially those with toggle abilities. Draco isn't the only place where Mesa/GMag occurs; Void defense, Dark Sector farming, anywhere people want to cheese the game...it's a cancer that is infecting the mindset of players by convincing them "This is the only way you can play to enjoy the game." 

My biggest issue isn't that some people want to play like that. My issue is that in public matches, that duo dictate how everyone else gets to play the match, and people in recruiting apparently believe that every mission is possible with only those two.

You logic relating nerfing Greedy Pull to car manufacturers is incredibly flawed as well; if Honda had a bike in MotoGP that had 30% more horsepower to the wheel and weighed 10 pounds less due to a hidden (lol) supercharger, would they be allowed to race that bike? 

"There is a certain % of players who enjoy playing Draco (and it’s kind) a certain way.  Remove that, and those players will find a different means.  So why not accept this play style?  Why not EMBRACE it?"

There are a certain % of people who believe that one race is superior to the others. Remove their right to publicly assemble and those people will find a different means (to spread their message). So why not accept their belief? Why not EMBRACE it?

An extreme example, yes, but this is what following your logic gets you. 

To end, some direct quotes (underline added);

"Even with GMag pulling, there was never enough energy (even with my efficiency buffed Mesa.)  I actually had to “play” the mission about 50-60% of the time (instead of just holding down “4”).

Made a difference for sure (kind of fun too!)  We still got our loot fix, but had to work/worry a little more.  Put some zest back into the game!"

"Isn’t it a super POSITIVE thing that people are actually using their free time PLAYING Warframe (as intended or as crafty looters) versus playing some OTHER game.  Or heaven forbid: unplug entirely and go enjoy the summer outdoors the ‘old fashioned’ way."

Peace out.