Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pewdipie Earned $7 Million In 2014...and People Are Mad About It.

TheErebus.

Folks are annoyed because he makes millions acting like a 'tard.  Yet so do comedic actors, when their role calls for it.  Only reason Pewds gets S#&$ on is 'cause he found a way to do it from home (or wherever he records).  Then there are some folks who are all salty over some people being able to make a living as Youtube content creators, a career that has only existed for a short time.  But those folks are fools.

His voice grates my ears (especially when compared to a voice like, say, Markiplier's), and his "entertainment" doesn't deserve to be called anything of the sort in my opinion (may or may not be because of his voice, I'm not objective enough to listen to his humor without his voice getting in the way), but it clearly works for entertaining tweens.  

And if it's stupid, but it works, then it isn't stupid.

He is my fan, and yeah, he doesn't care about his money, all is he care about his fanbase. (Wait a minute, is he becoming Corpus?!?)  And I really had no idea why they became jealous or is it because he made his mistake and decide to apologize to his fans? Then I really didn't care what the other people would tell me that pewdiepie is an a$$.

In my opinion, I don't care as long as I enjoy to watch pewdiepie's, markiplier's, readwulfgamer's or poiised's. 

I agree, pewds is getting so much hate for no real reason. He's making a fortune out of youtube, so what? How would that impact anybody else's life? His haters don't understand what opinions are, just because they find him obnoxious, or whatever, doesn't mean everybody does.

-Unrelated- Best of wishes for you to come across some gm soon, Erebish.

A lot pf people find him very entertaining. It's not that different from a TV host making lots of money because their show is popular. Like Conan O'Brien. Instead of hating on him for it I'd rather congratulate him. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Lots of dumb in this thread.

"Let's not actually discuss the topic. Let's just insult each other because we're bored and dumb."

Felix has actually given some interesting talks. The person behind the content has a story to tell that's worth listening to, and he's not being a total wad with his money. Let's conserve our anger for people who actually deserve it, like Mark Zuckerberg and Tim Cook.

Yes!

I love that movie lol. I also see more and more of the world reminding me of it, and that makes me sad lol.

On topic: Personally, I don't really get the whole streaming/lets play/rooster teeth type things out there. I just really don't see the point in watching someone else play a game when I'd rather just play it myself.

Sometimes it feels generational, as me and a lot of my pals dont like them, but my wife and cousin who are 10 yrs youngers than myself really enjoy lets plays etc. Seems crazy he makes what he does, considering what he does, but then I compare it to radio hosting or Beavis and Butthead(Id watch them, watching music videos and discussing it) and it doesn't seem too crazy anymore. Good for him.

Yes, i don't really watch Let's plays but i do understand the appeal of the format, is this guy that i don't understand how he got so popular, he is the most annoying thing, the few times i saw some of his material i wanted to punch him in the face. There is some generational aspect to it as well.

And regarding Idiocracy yea... lol, i see it everywhere, and more frequently. It's awesome that a fellow tenno knows it i was feeling too old for this lol

Edited by Orbister