Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Needs Copter Or Directional When We Got Bullet Jump

.Talia.

-snip-

proof of my words,

just shows you gotta learn all the parkour moves before you start saying you can't keep up

you are splitting hair here. try the glaive. or heat sword. 

point is, you can't do that with every weapon, so coptering effectively restricts the weapons you want to use.

you are splitting hair here. try the glaive. or heat sword. 

point is, you can't do that with every weapon, so coptering effectively restricts the weapons you want to use.

did you just tell me to try the glaive?

what?

proved my words once again

EDIT: i accidentally made the video private before xD i made it accessible now.

Edited by iceyShardZ

did you just tell me to try the glaive?

what?

proved my words once again

also, not everybody can copter like that, it requires a bit of practice,

its like how bunnyhopping was used to be like in cs

that's exactly why i think this is Not broken, because the more practice you have the faster you are,

if they take coptering out of the game they take a huge chunk of fun out for absolutely no reason,

what, its impossible to go so fast with a weapon in real life ? who cares??? isn't that exactly the purpose video games serve?

Edited by iceyShardZ

well yeah but still, you don't need to copter with a scindo, this is way better with it

with slow weapons use directional melee,

with fast weapons use coptering,

everyones flying

everyone is happy

end of story

Edited by iceyShardZ

i have a technique for heavy weapon that can make you almost just as fast, but with it you can definitely keep up,

im not so sure i can call it a "technique" because im sure its very well known,

basically if you Run>Crouch>Jump+aim up, you can launch pretty high and get pretty good momentum, my theory is this is based on your weapon's range, i can upload a video of me being decently fast with a nikana or a scindo if you want. may not be as fast as fang prime airlines,but decently fast and easy to do and you can easily keep up with your allies this way

You mean, air melee? Which is widely know? It was introduced to have people hit airborne targets but it instead gives massive vertical movement.

also, not everybody can copter like that, it requires a bit of practice,

its like how bunnyhopping was used to be like in cs

that's exactly why i think this is Not broken, because the more practice you have the faster you are,

if they take coptering out of the game they take a huge chunk of fun out for absolutely no reason,

what, its impossible to go so fast with a weapon in real life ? who cares??? isn't that exactly the purpose video games serve?

Also that's not coptering in the first place, that's an entirely different mechanic all together.

And removing coptering is needed because there's no reason why some weapons need to fling you obcenly large distances when you air slide while other can barely get you 10M. They're replacing it with something that allows you to be fast regardless of loadout becaus eit gives everyone the same abilities.

well yeah but still, you don't need to copter with a scindo, this is way better with it

with slow weapons use directional melee,

with fast weapons use coptering,

everyones flying

everyone is happy

end of story

It's not about flying, it's not about speed. It's about moving around the map in a control manner, which neither coptering nor airmelee provides. The distance yo showed is impressive but isn't needed on a majoriy of tilesets, you're either going to miss your target, or hit the ceiling  or even slam face first into the wall.

You mean, air melee? Which is widely know? It was introduced to have people hit airborne targets but it instead gives massive vertical movement.

Also that's not coptering in the first place, that's an entirely different mechanic all together.

And removing coptering is needed because there's no reason why some weapons need to fling you obcenly large distances when you air slide while other can barely get you 10M. They're replacing it with something that allows you to be fast regardless of loadout becaus eit gives everyone the same abilities.

It's not about flying, it's not about speed. It's about moving around the map in a control manner, which neither coptering nor airmelee provides. The distance yo showed is impressive but isn't needed on a majoriy of tilesets, you're either going to miss your target, or hit the ceiling  or even slam face first into the wall.

well you need to be as skilled as sonic, how can he not hit walls? xD

ah im kidding but still, some levels like the excavation in europa is PAINFULLY long, and without coptering, its SO fking boring just to try to run or move around the map while there are 2 or 3 enemies every 20 seconds, seriously the map is too big and without coptering there are large distances which are useless by any means, if you shorten those maps im all up for that new parkour

Dang Icey rekt everyone

xD

well you need to be as skilled as sonic, how can he not hit walls? xD

ah im kidding but still, some levels like the excavation in europa is PAINFULLY long, and without coptering, its SO fking boring just to try to run or move around the map while there are 2 or 3 enemies every 20 seconds, seriously the map is too big and without coptering there are large distances which are useless by any means, if you shorten those maps im all up for that new parkour

Have you not seen the videos and gifs of the new parkour? It's more than enough to traverse larges maps from what i see. It's a fast, fluid, and non-restricting way to move around fast + it reduces enemy accuracy. It's time for coptering to die and Steve isn't going to change that.

proof of my words,

just shows you gotta learn all the parkour moves before you start saying you can't keep up

Lol, that is more like flying then the new glide mechanic.

Its more like Hulk leaping then parkour.

Edited by (PS4)Lowk721

just look at that

being a rocket is fun dude, don't take that away,

im sure coptering is much more fun than the bullet jump,

but i really liked the aim gliding and the new wall run

Fun?

Ow no, thats really why DE its removing/making changes on that...

Little less speed for 999999% more of control, its better.

proof of my words,

You can't do this in a majority of the maps. Most of the maps have low ceilings.

Edit: Plus, like the other guy said, DM is staying. Rebecca demo'd some of Parkour 2.0 & she combined directional melee with the new parkour system. 

Edited by Rexlars

You can't do this in a majority of the maps. Most of the maps have low ceilings.

Agreed. While i use the Scindo Prime myself, i wouldn't say its that ergonomic, for how coptering works and the keys you need to work with repeatedly. Since we are on ergonomics, not everyone has a gaming keyboard or mouse either, which is more or less more ergonomic for gaming. Coptering is not a maneuver with much control on direction, distance traveled or 3 dimensional movement.  

I'll miss my Ceramic Dagger copter. :(

Oh well, I'll be able to go at madcap speed with any melee now. :p

I can't WAIT to Bullet Jump with a Fragor myself.

Admittedly, I COULD do Fragor Airlines (jump, slide, melee WOHOO! I AM THOR!), but it wasn't the same. It didn't look good. The new system LOOKS good. We shall see how it plays.