The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back G-Mag And Or Buff Mag

ScoldingCoder

You just made a fool of yourself with that last bit. First of all, it IS NOT a word. Second, weak rebound trying the German root follow up. Third, you're clearly bad and still learning (which is ok because we all started at one point) so I won't ackowledge anymore of your wasted breath. Good luck kiddo.

You just made a fool of yourself with that last bit. First of all, it IS NOT a word. Second, weak rebound trying the German root follow up. Third, you're clearly bad and still learning (which is ok because we all started at one point) so I won't ackowledge anymore of your wasted breath. Good luck kiddo.

I am german. I can guarantee you that it is. And you've got quite the big mouth for someone who didn't do anything yet except beein rude.

Mind explaining just why mag doesn't suck in your oppinion? Shield pola IS useless without maxed strength. And its still a very specific singlecast even then. She can't do anything after the burst. Not even recast, while the dmg falls off just as much as it scales on armored units.

Fool eh? Did you ever take the time to read trough these kind of conversations? Who looks like a fool to you? The one who talks much and says nothing or the one that actually has a point?...pathetic.

SHIELD POLARIZE IS THE STRONGEST SCALING NUKE IN THE GAME FOR THE LAST TIME.

Plus with Fracturing Crush, she has great CC potential, she can regen friendly shields, cheap CC with Pull, prioritize heavies with Bullet Attractor...

Please stop treating Mag like her only use is a single skill; she isn't Frost (although that's another matter).

Frost does have more than one useful skill. It's only two though, and it requires an augment to be useful. That is, Ice Wave Impedance is an amazing support skill that can allow frost to slow down enemies as much as a slowva does, and it it can be cast on reaction unlike MPrime. Unfortunately MPrime will always be better since it slows in a larger AoE and damage buffs .... but if you need frost for his globe, having one with Frost Wave Impedance is never bad. Did I mention it can stack with MPrime to basically make enemies frozen in time?

Edited by Ashnal

Nova's MP is more useful at later levels because of its CC, which does not stop scaling as it's always, as you said, a flat % reduction in action speed.

The original argument is about shield polarize scaling in damage infinitely unlike other abilities. Does polarize CC? I don't think so. So why are we comparing it to CC? Almost all CC can be used at any level, why would anyone argue about that?

Greedy Pull was a crutch to begin with.  Now that that crutch has been removed, players depending entirely on one mod are going through withdrawal.  In a month or 2, Greedy Pull will be a distant memory and folks will realize that they can actually move their warframe to go pick up loot.

I know I know, it's very early of a concept right now for folks going through withdrawal to realize, but they'll get around to it eventually.

SHIELD POLARIZE IS THE STRONGEST SCALING NUKE IN THE GAME FOR THE LAST TIME.

Plus with Fracturing Crush, she has great CC potential, she can regen friendly shields, cheap CC with Pull, prioritize heavies with Bullet Attractor...

Please stop treating Mag like her only use is a single skill; she isn't Frost (although that's another matter).

shield polarize isnt really useful against infested and most of grineer, Fracturing Crush is also pretty bad augment since most of mag abilities dont use power duration  and this mod forces you to weaken  most of your abilities for this abilitity to be useful.

Defense: Frost, Volt, etc.

CC: Mesa, banshee, Saryn, etc.

Support/buff: Trinity, Limbo, Rhino, etc.

Utility/debuff: Loki, Nova, etc.

Mesa, maybe with Shooting Gallery, but Saryn as CC? Please.

Saryn and Mesa are equal here, except one is better against Grineer (Corrosive), and one is better against Corpus (Shields). Both of those things are in the Void.

Mag also provides shields for teammates and defense objectives.

She also does CC on a Zephyr level, but more range and less duration (though it's more spammable), what with them both flinging enemies around the room.

Yes, she could use some tweaking, but she's by no means useless.

DE made a mistake introducing greedy pull as it was if they had made it as it is now, no one would complain.

That being said, yeah it is sad, but w/e I can be more greedy now and pull stuff only for myself haha :D

DE made a mistake introducing greedy pull as it was if they had made it as it is now, no one would complain.

That being said, yeah it is sad, but w/e I can be more greedy now and pull stuff only for myself haha :D

Well said.

Greedy pull is an Augument...An augument mod should not define a warframe. Mag has and hopefully will always remain the "end game frame"...Don't want to use mag due to the greedy pull nerf, Fine!!!. Then don't. Before making a thread about this, go check out the other countless hundred threads butt hurt over the nerf.

As long as they don't touch Shield polarize I'm fine....That is the day when we all should cry for a mag buff...Or simply rage and post thousands of threads... 

Edited by (PS4)Madkiller2580

All I see is a whiny person about Greedy Pull.

But have you even played as Mag before Greedy Pull? The damage she had in her kit from one skill was ridiculous!

Shield Polarize scaled immensely with enemies shields.

Pull is a cheap ragdoll grab that puts enemies on the ground.

Bullet Attractor is meant to direct enemy fire from a specific area onto a target, as it also attracts enemy fire.

If anything Crush is the most lack luster from the casting time, but that's it.

Everything that Mag has is great for her kit and she does good as a frame, so she doesn't need to go anywhere even with the bumped down greedy pull.

All I see is a whiny person about Greedy Pull.

But have you even played as Mag before Greedy Pull? The damage she had in her kit from one skill was ridiculous!

Shield Polarize scaled immensely with enemies shields.

Pull is a cheap ragdoll grab that puts enemies on the ground.

Bullet Attractor is meant to direct enemy fire from a specific area onto a target, as it also attracts enemy fire.

If anything Crush is the most lack luster from the casting time, but that's it.

Everything that Mag has is great for her kit and she does good as a frame, so she doesn't need to go anywhere even with the bumped down greedy pull.

Please tell me how amazing mag abilities is against hordes of unshielded infested.

Mag is only awesome against corpus, against grineer she isnt even good only decent and against infested she is out right bad.

People want to be able to use her in missions other then corpus,  and while she has use in void, her best ability Shield Polarize is useless against most dangerous enemies in void: Corrupted Heavy Gunner, Corrupted Bombard and Corrupted Ancient who all lack shields and while she can  use Bullet Attractor on them  the more of them spawn the less useful this ability will become.

Edited by Culaio

Please tell me how amazing mag abilities is against hordes of unshielded infested.

Mag is only awesome against corpus, against grineer she isnt even good only decent and against infested she is out right bad.

People want to be able to use her in missions other then corpus,  and while she has use in void, her best ability Shield Polarize is useless against most dangerous enemies in void: Corrupted Heavy Gunner, Corrupted Bombard and Corrupted Ancient who all lack shields and while she can  use Bullet Attractor on them  the more of them spawn the less useful this ability will become.

She's still good in the void because other units have shields. Shield Polarize doesn't deal damage to the unit it drains the shields from, it deals damage to the units around the units that get the shields drained. It's pretty common to kill a huge amount of enemies and still find this random unit that got the shields drained but didn't get killed because it wasn't close enough to another unit to get hit by the explosion.

The problem in the void that makes her less efficient than she was before, was the shift into grineer units and that the only new corpus unit added was the nullifiers, which you can't affect until their bubble is gone (void got 2 new grineer units on total, and only 1 corpus unit that is the nullifier and in T1~2 there was only 1 more grineer unit but no new corpus units).

Honestly, the void should've gotten the supra corpus guys as well, to diversify the heavy units rather than being flooded by Heavy gunners and bombards (Supra should diminish the amount of bombards that spawn, since their weapon is ridiculous enough, when multiple spawn the game stops being fun and just a chaotic run and try to shoot the ancients so you can kill the multiple bombards that fire like 1 missile per second each).

Edited by Sorrow0110

She's still good in the void because other units have shields. Shield Polarize doesn't deal damage to the unit it drains the shields from, it deals damage to the units around the units that get the shields drained. It's pretty common to kill a huge amount of enemies and still find this random unit that got the shields drained but didn't get killed because it wasn't close enough to another unit to get hit by the explosion.

The problem in the void that makes her less efficient than she was before, was the shift into grineer units and that the only new corpus unit added was the nullifiers, which you can't affect until their bubble is gone (void got 2 new grineer units on total, and only 1 corpus unit that is the nullifier and in T1~2 there was only 1 more grineer unit but no new corpus units).

Honestly, the void should've gotten the supra corpus guys as well, to diversify the heavy units rather than being flooded by Heavy gunners and bombards (Supra should diminish the amount of bombards that spawn, since their weapon is ridiculous enough, when multiple spawn the game stops being fun and just a chaotic run and try to shoot the ancients so you can kill the multiple bombards that fire like 1 missile per second each).

Once. On a dmg base that suffers from reductions. Maybe (range), just to become defenseless after the cast. She was and still is in dire need of a decent rework.

Ah yeah I forgot about that, but that doesnt change the fact that no frame should be specialized at killing only one faction(corpus) and especially having such huge weakness against other faction(infested), she is very unbalanced frame when compared to others.

I also want to mention that change to greedy pull not only decreased her usability in team but actually now kinda creates problems when mag wants to be helpful to team, gmag now cant now mark loot(rare resources, mods) for team since loot is in different places for him. 

Edited by Culaio

Ah yeah I forgot about that, but that doesnt change the fact that no frame should be specialized at killing only one faction(corpus) and especially having such huge weakness against other faction(infested), she is very unbalanced frame when compared to others.

I also want to mention that change to greedy pull not only decreased her usability in team but actually now kinda creates problems when mag wants to be helpful to team, gmag now cant now mark loot(rare resources, mods) for team since loot is in different places for him. 

She's not the only frame that suffers of damage issues from her skills because they are turned into dealing with 1~2 factions rather than every faction. If Saryn's ult damage wasn't so $&*&*#(%& she would have the same issue, what saves Ember is accelerant but without it she good against infested, decent against grineer and bad against corpus, Volt goes along the lines of Mag, except his 2 and 3 skill are always useful and electricity is a better CC than Crush dealing magnetic damage. It's a common problem when a frame is tied to a damage type, though Mag goes further in and also has to deal with the shield or no shield thing (on top of her ult having a damage type that is only good against shielded units).

Honestly, I don't think that Mag being great at dealing with shielded units, this is, a single faction, and decent against another and bad against the remaining factions, is necessary a bad thing, what's bad is that her kit barely has anything to support her outside of her comfort zone, and the lack of synergy and the abilities that end up being dropped because they have no synergy with the other abilities and have a very limited use is what's bad with her.

Another problem is how older frames didn't get updated to keep up with newer units, even though this can also be a not so bad thing, but rather "now you have to be aware of the enemy instead of having your abilities do everything for you", this is pretty evident in Ember's case, not so much in Mag's. Ember worked nicely against infested because they were close range enemies, but once they start getting more and more ranged units, she starts being seen as worse than before, and modding her starts reaching the breaking point, which was a very fragile point to start with.

Mag has to deal with nullifiers, which are just a badly implemented unit and that makes it hard on everyone, not just her.

That's why I think that older frames should be buffed/reworked before U17 or by U17, and since that won't happen, I do believe it would be beneficial for the game if DE made an effort to get those older frames buffed/reworked as fast as they can, because it's been long overdue.

I don't think Greedy Pull decreases her usability in a team in bad way, because her issues already existed before the mod, and if people see a frame being useful just because of a single mod, it only means that frame is in a terrible need of attention from DE, which she got, now it's just to wait for the actual good thing to happen, which is DE to notice that almost no one uses her and gets some work done (because Crush changes were nice, but Crush wasn't the main problem).

On another note, she can still mark mods, or should. Even without using pull, mods many times aren't in the same place for everyone, but you can still mark them because if someone didn't pick that mod, the glow that they make is still there where you picked the mod, so you can still mark it and they will still see where it is, because marking mods =/= regular waypoint. Don't mark the floor, mark the mod, many people mark the floor instead of the actual mod which makes things harder some times.

You can't mark rare resources because DE never implemented a proper visual for rare resources, which honestly they should make a proper visual that behaves like mods/oberon parts BP and that allows people to directly mark it.

I find greedy pull change beneficial for the game as whole, but DE still needs to make changes to make the game better and improve points where greedy mag was useful.

-Proper visual for rare resources and let players mark them, not control modules though.

-Allow people to trade large restores blueprints because unless you change syndicates or grind 4 syndicates (which is a major pain in the &#! for just 2 exclusive items) you can't get all of them, and that's not making team use "team work" (by sharing the restores), it's making people help their team less often (because it's a pain that my restore has a small restore area and I need to stop to tell people that it's in there, while the enemy is rushing me and my team, and I'm doing nothing but typing [because I can't use voice]).

-Change how much ammo certain weapons get from ammo drops/ammo restores, so weapons that use higher ammo counts to do as much damage can actually get some ammo from those (Glaxion and Soma are 2 examples).

-There's probably many that I forgot.

Improve what we have that it's not broken but needs attention, so we don't have to always call back the time where something broken would help us get over the flaws, or simply camp into infinity.

Mesa, maybe with Shooting Gallery, but Saryn as CC? Please.

Saryn and Mesa are equal here, except one is better against Grineer (Corrosive), and one is better against Corpus (Shields). Both of those things are in the Void.

Mag also provides shields for teammates and defense objectives.

She also does CC on a Zephyr level, but more range and less duration (though it's more spammable), what with them both flinging enemies around the room.

Yes, she could use some tweaking, but she's by no means useless.

Mag is dead for meta play but can be fun.

1) Your shields, health, and armor are irrelevant by dare I say wave 15 in a T4 void.

2) When was the last time someone ran Zephyr on a serious note?

Serious tweaking really. She'd be a great support frame if transference stripped enemy armor and added that armor to your entire team.

Greedy pull affected all pickups EXCEPT energy and health AND mods, ammo, and credits were picked up for the entire team when someone picks them up.

Crush actually picked up enemies and kept them stunned for a period.

Bullet attractor acted like a Vauban ability in that it can be thrown anywhere AND that it would attract all projectiles close to it.

Any of those or multiple really.

DE just dont seem like they care much about Mag anymore. They tried and failed because a few hundred jealous players told them to nerf it and they listened so Mag is not needed when others could do it better just like Oberon and Ember.

She really needs a buff but alot people here will get jealous and complain about it if its better then favorite warframe and get DE to nerf it. Face it Mag,Oberon and Ember will never get the same treatment as their favorites like Loki Prime from DE because their actions speak louder than words. Heck even after the Embers rework her prime comes with only 2 polarities vs 3 on the rest of the primes and a large amount of players still feel she needs more work.

Edited by (XB1)BLK THORN

So i guess most of y'all are aware that G-Mag now only pulls stuff for herself. This obviously sucks because Mag is no longer the potential support frame she used to be and he abilities are pretty weak so let's be real, she's effectively useless now .This is why i am suggesting that greedy pull should pull things for everyone again or at least buff her so she can well...survive later in the game. Honestly, she could use a buff even if  greedy pull is changed back to how it used to be

So after just having come back to the game, I finally used this gmag last night (post nerf obviously) and it pulls life support to you through walls?! How can anyone complain about it being nerfed when it single handedly makes survival tons easier. It's like a cakewalk now hiding in one room. Gpull is still good. Really the only people who are complaining are new people that don't want to grind hard for their stuff. All they did was nerf the ez grind, not the utility of it.

Mag is dead for meta play but can be fun.

1) Your shields, health, and armor are irrelevant by dare I say wave 15 in a T4 void.

2) When was the last time someone ran Zephyr on a serious note?

Serious tweaking really. She'd be a great support frame if transference stripped enemy armor and added that armor to your entire team.

Greedy pull affected all pickups EXCEPT energy and health AND mods, ammo, and credits were picked up for the entire team when someone picks them up.

Crush actually picked up enemies and kept them stunned for a period.

Bullet attractor acted like a Vauban ability in that it can be thrown anywhere AND that it would attract all projectiles close to it.

Any of those or multiple really.

I run Zephyr on T4 Sabotage because you can move quickly, and a single cast of Tornado near the portal lets you just sit and wait for it to move to 50% so you can hack the next terminal. Also, on MD when I'm bored because you can just cast Turbulence and not worry about the damned thing taking hits.

I was actually on team "GPull take everything except energy and health." I'm on that same team for Limbo's Cataclysm.

Definitely for Crush being more CC. Bullet Attractor needs SOMETHING, but I disagree with what you've suggested there, and don't have an idea of my own yet.

She's not the only frame that suffers of damage issues from her skills because they are turned into dealing with 1~2 factions rather than every faction. If Saryn's ult damage wasn't so $&*&*#(%& she would have the same issue, what saves Ember is accelerant but without it she good against infested, decent against grineer and bad against corpus, Volt goes along the lines of Mag, except his 2 and 3 skill are always useful and electricity is a better CC than Crush dealing magnetic damage. It's a common problem when a frame is tied to a damage type, though Mag goes further in and also has to deal with the shield or no shield thing (on top of her ult having a damage type that is only good against shielded units).

Honestly, I don't think that Mag being great at dealing with shielded units, this is, a single faction, and decent against another and bad against the remaining factions, is necessary a bad thing, what's bad is that her kit barely has anything to support her outside of her comfort zone, and the lack of synergy and the abilities that end up being dropped because they have no synergy with the other abilities and have a very limited use is what's bad with her.

Another problem is how older frames didn't get updated to keep up with newer units, even though this can also be a not so bad thing, but rather "now you have to be aware of the enemy instead of having your abilities do everything for you", this is pretty evident in Ember's case, not so much in Mag's. Ember worked nicely against infested because they were close range enemies, but once they start getting more and more ranged units, she starts being seen as worse than before, and modding her starts reaching the breaking point, which was a very fragile point to start with.

Mag has to deal with nullifiers, which are just a badly implemented unit and that makes it hard on everyone, not just her.

That's why I think that older frames should be buffed/reworked before U17 or by U17, and since that won't happen, I do believe it would be beneficial for the game if DE made an effort to get those older frames buffed/reworked as fast as they can, because it's been long overdue.

I don't think Greedy Pull decreases her usability in a team in bad way, because her issues already existed before the mod, and if people see a frame being useful just because of a single mod, it only means that frame is in a terrible need of attention from DE, which she got, now it's just to wait for the actual good thing to happen, which is DE to notice that almost no one uses her and gets some work done (because Crush changes were nice, but Crush wasn't the main problem).

On another note, she can still mark mods, or should. Even without using pull, mods many times aren't in the same place for everyone, but you can still mark them because if someone didn't pick that mod, the glow that they make is still there where you picked the mod, so you can still mark it and they will still see where it is, because marking mods =/= regular waypoint. Don't mark the floor, mark the mod, many people mark the floor instead of the actual mod which makes things harder some times.

You can't mark rare resources because DE never implemented a proper visual for rare resources, which honestly they should make a proper visual that behaves like mods/oberon parts BP and that allows people to directly mark it.

I find greedy pull change beneficial for the game as whole, but DE still needs to make changes to make the game better and improve points where greedy mag was useful.

-Proper visual for rare resources and let players mark them, not control modules though.

-Allow people to trade large restores blueprints because unless you change syndicates or grind 4 syndicates (which is a major pain in the ! for just 2 exclusive items) you can't get all of them, and that's not making team use "team work" (by sharing the restores), it's making people help their team less often (because it's a pain that my restore has a small restore area and I need to stop to tell people that it's in there, while the enemy is rushing me and my team, and I'm doing nothing but typing [because I can't use voice]).

-Change how much ammo certain weapons get from ammo drops/ammo restores, so weapons that use higher ammo counts to do as much damage can actually get some ammo from those (Glaxion and Soma are 2 examples).

-There's probably many that I forgot.

Improve what we have that it's not broken but needs attention, so we don't have to always call back the time where something broken would help us get over the flaws, or simply camp into infinity.

I do agree that older frames net to be change, but not buffed instead they need to be reworked like excalibur, since look at rhino buff at first lots of people were defending rhino buff saying that it was amazing and agreed with DE that iron skin doesnt need changes, me and few people didnt agree with those people, we said that iron skin needs rework the most but people defending rhino buff said that changes to iron skin would make it "OP" and they said rhino is fine now and that we  just have to spam stomp....>_>, the irony is that people playing rhino decreased VERY fast not long after "buff", and I dont really see anymore people defending rhino, people realized that rhino was meh before buff and still is meh after buff, its only slightly better, the problem is that rhino is tank frame that is bad at tanking and buff completly ignored that., rhino still needs rework like other older frames, the buff was complete waste of time and I am worried that DE will think that rhino is fine now and wont want to rework it, the sadest thing is that many people who wanted iron skin rework had really AMAZING ideas that werent OP(for example would let rhino focus enemy fire on himself).

From rhino example I learned that just because vocal majority is defending something doesnt mean that they are right, I see same thing with mag, LOTS of people are saying that mag is now perfectly fine without greedy pull, which we both agree isnt truth.

I do agree that greedy pull needed nerf but from all the possible ways to nerf it DE chosen worst one, I personally thing tha augments should change/add to frames role, which is why I really liked greedy pull that made mag also a support frame. warframe really needs more support frames that can resuply other frames, now we are only left with trinity, creating augment that can add this role to another frame(greedy pull) is one of best ideas DE had, since they didnt have to make another frame that supports team and now we are back where we started.

problem is that not everything glows, yes rare mods glow but if you helping your newbie friend for who even common mods are useful you cant help them, and like you said you cant mark resources.

LIke I mentioned before I do agree that greedy pull needed nerf but there were much better ways that would make more people happy, like making it LOS based and/or decreasing range, It would be much more  beneficial for the game then current nerf.

What exactly is wrong with specialist frames? It'd be ridiculous to have a frame that dominates 2 factions and is still very strong against others. I really do not care about your opinion on Mag in void, I've played her in void enough times to know you're wrong.

I know your kind are adept at not listening, but let's try this out. You can still pull the enemies which temporarily stops them from acting and, idk use your gun or something. I seem to remember DE giving our characters guns for killing enemies.

Also you say mag is useless against the strongest enemies in void, aside from that being objectively false as pull's knockdown is useful against all enemies. I raise you

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131207110403/warframe/images/9/94/CorruptedShieldDroneDE.png

Which happens to give shields to enemies which lack them, which is partially why Mag is so effective in void. Whatever mag can't nuke can be ragdolled and killed afterwards, except for nullifiers of course.

Technically, Mag is a specialist 'frame but, I can say from personal experience that she can stand her ground against the Infested.  A lot of people don't realize that BA work against them.  Tar MOA?  BA redirects their toxic snot to hit other infested.  Phorid?  His missile attack is redirected to him.  Juggernaught? Same thing. 

If you want a specific situation where Shield Pol works in an Infested mission, Phorids screams - Shield Pol keeps squishier 'frames alive while he screams. 

Mag doesn't need Greedy Pull to be useful, she just isn't a meta farming 'frame anymore.  She does need some tweaks, I'd like to see Fracturing Crush replace Crush and some kind of damage buff or status/crit increase put on BA, but she isn't useless.