Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Grakata Sound [Merged]

jollter

Are you guys serious? I put down the weapon for a few days to try out some new stuff. I'm going to go in game and see how it sounds now....

DE....game devs...do not let us down here!

EDIT -

Ok I went in game and tried out the new prisma grakata sounds..... my god what did you do DE!? It sounds like a laser pea shooter! Considering the power of the weapon the new sounds are very underwhelming.

Always make weapons sound powerful and damaging and just awesome. Good sounds really add to the immersion.

Edited by c.BOLTSON

Hint to devs, DO NOT CHANGE SOUND OF A GUN UNLESS IT'S COMPLAINED ABOUT. I like my dakka. Grineer guns are not supposed to be some laser water shooters. 

sorry for all caps. The new sound made me a bit angry...

Before the change, some people already said that they wanted the gun to have a 'prisma' sound like how the Prisma Gorgon did from the regular Gorgon. And then DE said that it's in the works. I'll admit though, the new sound they made here wasn't very good, but at least they're acknowledging the issue. But in the first place, the new sound should've been there from when the gun itself was released and sold by Baro and not added in later.

Edited by Knightmare047

I'll admit. The Prisma Grakata's new sound, in and of itself, is too hilarious for me to dislike. It's the most entertaining audio/graphic combination I've ever had on a gun.

But... I do take issue wiith the fact that it sounds more pew-pew than a lot of energy weapons (like, say, Cestra).

Keep this sound but move it to a Corpus weapon (with, as mentioned in other posts, juuust a bit more oomph), it would be fantastic on something like Dera Vandal (hint, hint). But Grakatas just arent Grakatas without the sound of BRRRRRT.

I'm glad to read that this sound is getting looked at again, because it really turns me off from the weapon. It sounds incredibly weak and that causes at least for me, a disconnect in how I feel using it. I know it's powerful, but it doesn't feel powerful now. I would hope that since this weapon does more damage than it's original, it would have had a beefier sound instead. Something a bit lower in tone and rawer.

One thing I enjoyed about the normal grakata sfx is how raw it sounds. It was loud, brash, and a little in-your-face.
I dont mind the new sound too much - I think it's kind of punchy sounding. It's not gritty-dirty sounding like the standard sound though, which might be a part of the grakata charm.

Laser anecdote though:

Enjoy the song of the Corpus :)

Edited by CrimsonNightSky

One thing I enjoyed about the normal grakata sfx is how raw it sounds. It was loud, brash, and a little in-your-face.

I dont mind the new sound too much - I think it's kind of punchy sounding. It's not gritty-dirty sounding like the standard sound though, which might be a part of the grakata charm.

Laser anecdote though:

Enjoy the song of the Corpus :)

This song is how I get serious in Void missions.

I'm glad I wasn't imagining things. It's new sound doesn't match the look of the gun at all. Nothing was wrong with Prisma Grakata... Why lol? The previous sound, matched it's beefiness. Reminds me when they screwed up Latron primes sound back in the day : S I'm sure they'll fix it. (i hope... my favorite rifle)

Edited by MEsoJD

I'm glad I wasn't imagining things. It's new sound doesn't match the look of the gun at all. Nothing was wrong with Prisma Grakata... Why lol? The previous sound, matched it's beefiness. Reminds me when they screwed up Latron primes sound back in the day : S I'm sure they'll fix it. (i hope... my favorite rifle)

LOL Latron P sounds so weak

Anyone remember the old Gorgon sound? That feeling of some heavy metallic thing rotating inside?

Now it sounds like some cheap toy made out of plastic...

• 1 month later...