Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Grakata Sound [Merged]

jollter

This is a bug right?   RIGHT!?   

CRAPtacular crap sound now.   It might as well be someone saying 'pew pew pew' into a cheap mic.

Clearly a bug...yes,  a bug.  No one would intentionally add this sound.

I think they mixed up some of the FX files. Could've been the new sound for Gammacors, I don't know.

.....WHAT DID YOU DO!!!! Holy... this is awful, oh god, really, as someone who has up till now been incurably enamored by the prisma grakata, I am extremely glad I don't mind playing with sound off. I understand the whole concept of a big picture with a larger vision of the overal audio of the game but still... Anyway, *signed..... I'm gonna go weep softly now.

I like that Prisma weapons have a more distinctive fire-sound.

I agree that a more distinctive sound could be cool, but just because it's more distinctive doesn't mean it shouldn't fit the weapon.

I really loved the old sound for it so much I formad it 3 times and used it for awhile...

The new sound feels much lighter and weird. Its like some watery thing is being squished or poped in there....

DE plz revert this horrible nerf T.T

I'm deliberately gimping myself and using the original Gorgon over the Prisma Gorgon as my main weapon just because of the sound. I'd love an option to revert back to the original sound from the prismafied one, both for Grakata and Gorgon.

DE....really....why you change something NOBODY asked you to change?...

How about you leave the prisma grakata alone and start working on something that REALLY needs changes (for example, Ember or the Silva & Aegis) instead?

DE....really....why you change something NOBODY asked you to change?...

How about you leave the prisma grakata alone and start working on something that REALLY needs changes (for example, Ember or the Silva & Aegis) instead?

Because it's their game and they can do what they want, and the sound people aren't really capable of changing Ember or Silva & Aegis?

While I was one of the many players who spoke up about the Prisma Grakata needing a different noise compared to it's normal version (much like the Goron & Prisma Gorgon), I do feel like the new noise for the Prisma Grakata needs to be toned back a little. Or rather, it needs to be toned up, it's got no grunt, as some have described here it sounds 'watery'. 

I still think it needs to have a different noise from the normal Grakata, but I think it needs more 'oomph' for a gun that unleashes a torrent of lead in such a short amount of time. 

...Although, I'll say that it must be difficult. The sound asset it so incredibly short (firing single shots and listening to how it is alone, instead of how it blurs together with the trigger held down) so it'd be hard to fit enough into it. If there were some way to preserve the sort of 'putt' cracking noise of the original Grakata with the laser/energy-like effect to follow it, I think that'd work nicely... But yet again, it's such a short sound asset. 

...Then again, the Prisma Gorgon's sound is a bit longer, but that can reach the same, if not faster fire rates, and still sounds beastly. Don't be afraid to increase the length of the Prisma Grakata's sound effect in the same way. 

Edited by Zilph

As if butchering the Soma P wasn't enough they now do the same with the P Grakata.

I purchased/crafted those weapons because they had a certain feel to them and I enjoyed it.

I wouldn't be bitter if we at least had a say in the matter, let us at the very least choose if we want to keep the old sound. :-|

Because it's their game and they can do what they want, and the sound people aren't really capable of changing Ember or Silva & Aegis?

That would make sense....if they play it (it's obvious they aren't). But we are the ones who play the game...so....

And I was talking about gameplay mechanics, not sound

That would make sense....if they play it (it's obvious they aren't). But we are the ones who play the game...so....

And I was talking about gameplay mechanics, not sound

Plenty of DE play the game. Rebecca, for starters, plays a lot. How do you think Steve makes changes to Parkour if he isn't playing? My brother did PvP with two of the DE dudes and I've seen screenshots with many other devs elsewhere.

Regardless, audio team can't work on stat changes and whatnot, so they're working on weapon sound revamps now.

Edited by Gale47

The new sound is just horrible.

Its previous sound was one of the thing that made Prisma Grakata very fun to use. You could tell just by the sound that it was a weapon capable of shredding enemies with rain of bullets.

Now it sounds... I don't even know how to describe it.

It's sad.

Hearing it today, my first thought was "my 610 ducats, my catalyst, forma and my time, they are all wasted"

Why DE?!? WHY?!?! Do you really hate your community so much? This sounds so wrong, on so many levels. I can't even describe how bad it sounds now! It sounds like... like... Mickey Mouse making love to the Dual Cestras! But, worse! It's... it's.... aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I'm just glad there at least 7 people still using their Prisma Grakatas.  :)

It felt more like a collectors item when I bought it but it is fun to use.   Maybe not the most 'serious' of weapons but good enough for much of the content.

But please, revert/fix the sound.