Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something Deep

KotoKuraken

Why are we here? What is our purpose?

In minding that in the end, it doesn't matter what we do, that in the end of things we will all die, why do we stand and fight? Why do we build and create and love and destroy, if in the end, everything will perish?

I'm curious as to what you Tenno think; I know my purpose, but have you figured out yours?

trick question, there is no deeper purpose

life begets more life (and more complex life at that)

there is nothing else

all things will end eventually even time and space and the universe or multiverse, nothing lasts forever

our only purpose as mortals is to help the process move along, we humans are likely going to create functionally sentient AI at some point and then they may take over from there, thus we as a species will have fulfilled our destiny of contributing to the infinite cycle and the divine will of the cosmos

not everyone understands or is 'cool' with this, and of course most ppl fear their mortality and impending death, but that is largely becuz their society has taught them falsehoods about the true nature of reality

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

wellll everytime I read "Why are we here" I have to think about good ol' RedvsBlue from Roosterteeth:

(sry, but I can't stop this thought...I won't be able to stop that from entering my mind xD)

But to be a little bit more serious:

I mean - what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing. Always look on the bright side of Life.
...okay... I just like quoting parts from Monty Pythons movies...specially The Life of Brian^^

now the answer: 
idk, I like it here, that's why I am still here.
Edited by Fabpsi

I am always surprised when I see people claiming to have found their purpose. And I am also a tad bit jealous. For years now, and for many more to come, I will keep on searching.

We win some, we lose some. We live, we love, we hate. We build, we destroy, We forget and we remember. We stand tall, we stand united, we stand divided. We fall, we get up. We fight and we make up. We lie, we tell the truth. We hurt others and try to figure out how much can we forgive.

We all want to be remembered.

our only purpose as mortals is to help the process move along

the "process" doesn't need any help. That's just an illusion. It moves on its own, if it ever moves that is.

What is our purpose?

Your purpose of life is to find your purpose of life. No one can show you or tell you about it. You have to find it on your very own. Otherwise its an illusion you are following.

It all depends on your religion or lack thereof. 

Read the above. However if you really need a religion to show you the way, take buddhism, or more specifically zen buddhism. Maybe you can figure it out once you achieved satori.

Why are we here? What is our purpose?

In minding that in the end, it doesn't matter what we do, that in the end of things we will all die, why do we stand and fight? Why do we build and create and love and destroy, if in the end, everything will perish?

I'm curious as to what you Tenno think; I know my purpose, but have you figured out yours?

Feeling a little EMO? That method of thinking applies to all life.

The purpose of life is to continue itself, either to continue living or to propagate.

You don't know that Tenno die. They likely don't age and we respawn.