Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Forma Really Take 24 Hours To Craft?

Volume

I'm assuming the build time is really long to try to get you to spend 10p to rush the build.  It's the same thing with Warframe builds.  There isn't a reason for them to take 3 days except to try to get you to spend money.

I'm assuming the build time is really long to try to get you to spend 10p to rush the build.  It's the same thing with Warframe builds.  There isn't a reason for them to take 3 days except to try to get you to spend money.

Pretty much this in a nutshell. Warframe is a free to play game that implements things like time walls in hopes of players spending money to rush their items they are making.

That being said, it was mentioned in a dev stream that we are using Foundry 1.0, so hopefully Foundry 2.0 will help alleviate some of the current time burdens such as being able to build multiples of the same item, having a algorithm that reduces the amount of plat one pays to rush an item as it builds over time, and allowing the app for phones to be able to start up and collect items from the foundry. 

Edited by ACRavenXA26483

Do you honestly think anything is going to change?

24h is too long, but dont worry, they dont give f word about this :v

dont stop

believinggggg

But yes, it needs to be shorter. DE didn't expect players to plow through content so quickly and level up so fast.

Which is why forma is regarded as highly as catalysts and reactors. 

-Same credit cost

-Lots of rare resources

-24 hour build time

-20 plat in market

It needs to change.

-Perhaps make forma more easily obtainable (in low level void) because forma is used very frequently.
-shorten build time
-less credits required

If it takes too long, you could always go drop $60 on a standard AAA TITLE and beat that in 8 hours. Perspective, people.

I guess DE could introduce a "50% rush widget" as a Void drop ;).

And have a blast for those 8 hours + multiplayer for additional 20-80 hours .

Warframe has potential but most of your time is spent getting things to make other things to make other things to get enough dps to do void or raid , just to get yet more farming equipment.

once endgame comes along ... sure.

Anyway , its F2P making you annoyed and frustrated at build times , waiting for dogies to cool off , having no slots for weapons or frames is a science made to milk you for every last cent you have.

Decent game tho, huh.

If its too long for you you can use plat to rush it or just buy it.

Building one means logging in and playing everyday.

Formaing stuff requires you to level it up again which means playing with paying players.

Its a marketing strategy by DE to make you play the game more and saturate the starmap and void with players.

But yeah if its possible maybe 12 hours each so it doesnt feel too long. I need a lot of stuff to forma.

Honestly their should be a option to AUTO BUILD. I mean seriously why isn't their already a option to auto build X thing until you run out of that resource. It just makes sense. :/ 

Also yes they should reduce Forma's build time since it is so needed and common. I mean seriously how hard it is to make that thing.. We make weapons more complex that take 12 hours to build.

24 hours is fine.  Just start another one every day.  If you make one every day for a month you get 30.  3 months is 90.  Do people use more than 90 forma in a 3 months?

Touché, but it's more about having one when you want it than it is about having enough of them.

[EDIT] I have three reasons for buying Prime Accesses. The frame and weapons, supporting DE, and having my Forma when I want them. Although I am currently ahead on my Forma production, but I'm just too lazy to level S#&$ right now so thats the reason that I have extra forma.

Edited by (PS4)LIGHTNINGCOMBAT

Touché, but it's more about having one when you want it than it is about having enough of them.

[EDIT] I have three reasons for buying Prime Accesses. The frame and weapons, supporting DE, and having my Forma when I want them.

Yes true.  There are solutions for people that want them quickly which pretty much involve giving money to DE.  I have a feeling DE gets a lot of plat from people that want to rush things in the foundry.

24 hours is fine.  Just start another one every day.  If you make one every day for a month you get 30.  3 months is 90.  Do people use more than 90 forma in a 3 months?

-First you need to go grab a forma bp

-Then you need a neurode

-and a neural sensor

-morphics(easy to get)

-O cell 

For just 1 forma.

And yes, some people use more than 90 forma in 3 months. 

Another thing. Because the build time is 24 hours and not something like 22 hours, and because people have jobs,lives,etc.,

They get much less than 90 forma in 3 months.

In my opinion, forma shouldn't be a thing.

You aren't getting any IMMEDIATE benefits, and it sets your gear down to level 0.

We should be able to change polarities without forma.

24 hours is fine IMO but we should be able to craft multiple at once...

That's a good idea!

Really 24 hours for a forma was initially somewhat of a hassle for me when I realized I needed another and didn't have it handy.  But what I ended up doing was just keep one crafting everyday until I had a stack of 10 of them.   Now whenever my stack of formas get below 10 I just craft some more of them.  I have not run out since.  Seems like it just requires a little planning to make sure you don't run out.  And of course you can get as many as you want if you have  platinum to throw around and DE will love you!

And have a blast for those 8 hours + multiplayer for additional 20-80 hours .

Warframe has potential but most of your time is spent getting things to make other things to make other things to get enough dps to do void or raid , just to get yet more farming equipment.

once endgame comes along ... sure.

Anyway , its F2P making you annoyed and frustrated at build times , waiting for dogies to cool off , having no slots for weapons or frames is a science made to milk you for every last cent you have.

Decent game tho, huh.

I like the pace of the game and the clan relationships that go along with it. Most of the fast-forward kill box junk that passes for MP these days that people gobble up like the newest Junkfood promo...you can have it.