The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancient Healer - Even More Op

Pacheon

Well, according to this post, which was an answer to a Tenno and getting his/her stigma being an "idiot", because saying something which couldn't be possible, according to the script skills of our DE Team:

UWva8ag.png

I am going to prove that this is not the actual working case, how it has been shown above via script.

No matter where, when or which type of element you are using, ancient healers are able to heal themselves!

The environment is clear (which means no other ancient types near by), and no one was forcing anything onto the AI (Chaos, Mind Control, Rift, etc.).

This just cannot be true.

Ancients are even able to mock the player, while the said tenno or tennos tries/trying to take down an corrupted bombard in T3+ which in this case leads to a ridiculous low amount of damage being caused upon the bombard.

Excalibur, well know for his 70k waves, is literally killing everything. While ancients, drones, corpus', even gunners taking 10k (regular, non blinded enemies) damage, the bombard keeps chilling and scratching his arse, because that 900 damage won't cause insta-deaths to it. Not clearly sure if this is caused by the ancients either. Noticed that damage drop down even on a solo roaming bombard.

Would Glen be so kindly and recheck the whole class and definitions, not just the avatar declaration? Thanks.

Edited by Pacheon

The healer is unaffected by it's own aura this I can confirm as for the healing burst it will not do it when no enemies are nearby so I think that first bit of code might mean that it will not do the healing burst if it is the only one in the area

Ancients give a 90% damage resist aura all the code did was change it so that it dosen't stack so intead of doing .1% damage with 3 ancients you will still do 10

Edited by -Amaterasu-

Yeah, look at the head of that codeblock.  Aura. 

It's the damage reduction aura that doesn't stack or effect ancients, not the heal effect.

As for bombards, if there's a healer around and you shoot the bombard instead of the healer, you've kind of earned the bad outcome.

Yeah, Glen was talking about the damage reduction aura, not the healing.  Ancient healers absorb some damage done to enemies that they are buffing with their aura, that's what you're seeing.  What you WON'T see is two Ancient Healers giving eachother (or themselves) 90% damage reduction or proc immunity.

The ancient healer has:

1) a damage reduction aura, affects everyone but other ancients(or itself).

2) a portion of the damage done to enemies affected by the aura heals the ancient. (what you see in the video)

3) a healing pulse that heals everyone including ancients. (I mindcontroled a corrupted ancient and it healed me for 30 or 40hp).

Uhm... I could be wrong but I'm FAIRLY sure what you quoted was posted to show that ancients cannot heal/buff each other, not themselves.

As far as you can get the context from the script:

ApplyToOwner=0 (condition false, which means no self healing)

ExcludedAvatar={AncientAvatar} (excluding the effect being transferable to other ancient healers)

Getting the point? No self healing, no other same type healings.

As far as you can get the context from the script:

ApplyToOwner=0 (condition false, which means no self healing)

ExcludedAvatar={AncientAvatar} (excluding the effect being transferable to other ancient healers)

Getting the point? No self healing, no other same type healings.

The syntax only mentions the aura though.

The syntax only mentions the aura though.

And I were talking... About what?

You got it, aura itself. Otherwise my explanation wouldn't make any sense.

Don't get the fact why you are quoting me to let me know that I am not commenting about the aura itself. What else is left which effects other allies nearby? Nothing but the aura/skills/buff.

• 2 weeks later...

After running a couple Sechura missions, I noticed that having 2 healers next to each other while using the Tonkor caused any attack aimed at them to not only be reduced massively (something like 90%), but to cause them to both heal each other for the damage taken.