The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Roll to Seduce(D20)

OverlordMcGeek

13 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

Yep. Happens in other languages as well.

I'm prone to pronounce wrong words in other languages because of this. My first language is Spanish and the pronunciation of vowels and letter combinations is in most cases too straightforward. So I make myself a real mess in English with new words, mostly with vowels.

12 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

*yawns*

Good morning and good night!

1 minute ago, Noamuth said:

Why is a language exchange topic not a thing?

We have so many different languages here in the forums, I'm a bit surprised no one has started a Spanish 101 topic or something.

Because there sub forums in other languages and English is the most common language in the world (except for Chinese, but that is very limited to Asia while English is world wide). So most people from other languages that know English speak it here instead of sharing their own.

I could give you classes tho, but that'd take a long while. Mostly in a thread.

28 minutes ago, ElGuirrix said:

I'm prone to pronounce wrong words in other languages because of this. My first language is Spanish and the pronunciation of vowels and letter combinations is in most cases too straightforward. So I make myself a real mess in English with new words, mostly with vowels.

Same thing when i read something in chinese. There's literally could be 4 different ways to say 1 word, and thats just from one dialect.

5 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

Same thing when i read something in chinese. There's literally could be 4 different ways to say 1 word, and thats just from one dialect.

Yeah. Here, for an English-Spanish comparison.

Letter "E"

In Spanish this letter alone is pronounced just as you find it in the word "the", but in English, "E" is pronounced "ee", like in our great overlord McGeek, while in Spanish, that -ee sound corresponds to the letter " i " alone

Edited by ElGuirrix

22 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Why is a language exchange topic not a thing?

We have so many different languages here in the forums, I'm a bit surprised no one has started a Spanish 101 topic or something.

Ehhh..... I would make a horrible language teacher lol.

29 minutes ago, ElGuirrix said:

Yeah. Here, for an English-Spanish comparison.

Letter "E"

In Spanish this letter alone is pronounced just as you find it in the word "the", but in English, "E" is pronounced "ee", like in our great overlord McGeek, while in Spanish, that -ee sound corresponds to the letter " i " alone

That sounds confusing lol.

In chinese the word for he/she/it is

他/她/它, but they are all pronounced “Tah”. So when u hear someone talking about something, u can't tell if its referring to what gender or even if its alive.

Fun times.

9 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

That sounds confusing lol.

In chinese the word for he/she/it is

他/她/它, but they are all pronounced “Tah”. So when u hear someone talking about something, u can't tell if its referring to what gender or even if its alive.

Fun times.

Don't they assume masculinity when referring to "tah"?

2 minutes ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

Don't they assume masculinity when referring to "tah"?

Not necessarily. Like i said, context is required.

Unless you're referring to unknown gender, to which i think people do use masculine one. Its like how people refer to everyone as dudes.

37 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Hopefully you guys are having fun...

still farming for that booben p chassis after 100+ runs :|

I'm going to sit back and wait for the new start chart to roll around before going after the new parts. I really want to make the dual kama prime but the last part(x2) is in ODD. Last time I went to the derelict for a prime part I kept getting tier 1 keys and nothing else.

On 5/27/2016 at 8:31 PM, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

I just saw X-men Apocalypse, pretty good, definitely one of the best of the X-men movies. There is a post-credit scene, though I didn't understand the point of it.

Reveal hidden contents

Some loud dude in the theater said something about a "Mr. Sinister" but I've never heard of him. 

Hey Grizz. I really really liked this one, more so than Civil War, Superman vs Batman or even Deadpool combined. And I agree that this is the BEST so far and a must see. Jean and Scott went to the mall and must be when the love bug hit them? I'm sure they had cinnabons and tried some shoes on.

Hello..buenas dias...guten tag......

9 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Hey Grizz. I really really liked this one, more so than Civil War, Superman vs Batman or even Deadpool combined. And I agree that this is the BEST so far and a must see. Jean and Scott went to the mall and must be when the love bug hit them? I'm sure they had cinnabons and tried some shoes on.

Ola k ase

Hue, buenos dias

19 hours ago, Skycook3y said:

I want better scythes .-. corvian isn't bad but they are too slow and have too little shield penetration to be viable. Buff the damage while you're at it as well.

Yeah the scythes are too slow. Sky, the Yhorm the giant fight was so disappointing 5 hits with the Storm Ruler and he's done for. And so does the Wyvern, jumped on top of its head and - dead. However, I'm having a tough time on King of the Storm. I updated the dragonslayer spear, but I'm left with 5 estus flask and I died a dozen times. I'll kill him this week.

19 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

yea, kinda upsetting that life hunt scythe isn't an actual weapon this time around.

Thanks for your suggestions, I'm still using the Dark sword and updated it along with all the bows. Back tracking, I did not kill Patches so I faced the giant but after I killed patches by snipping him with the bow. But cannot get to the other side to get Siegward's armor or to Rosaria of the Deep. Is there another way around?

ElGuirrix, nice to see another Sith Lord here. I mean a real Sith, not just some random guy who took the title just for fun.

There's really few people like you and me. Nice to meet you. 

Actually I'm looking for a Sith clan. You know any?

25 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Damn, you really liked it then. And this is why I shouldn't read anything just after I wake up, I read "cinnabons" as "cannabis" xD

11 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Yeah the scythes are too slow. Sky, the Yhorm the giant fight was so disappointing 5 hits with the Storm Ruler and he's done for. And so does the Wyvern, jumped on top of its head and - dead. However, I'm having a tough time on King of the Storm. I updated the dragonslayer spear, but I'm left with 5 estus flask and I died a dozen times. I'll kill him this week.

Thanks for your suggestions, I'm still using the Dark sword and updated it along with all the bows. Back tracking, I did not kill Patches so I faced the giant but after I killed patches by snipping him with the bow. But cannot get to the other side to get Siegward's armor or to Rosaria of the Deep. Is there another way around?

You only have 5 estus charges? as for the king of storms, try to stay in front of him and aim for the dragons head. 

Also, Katana run is canceled because F*** Katanas

13 minutes ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Damn, you really liked it then. And this is why I shouldn't read anything just after I wake up, I read "cinnabons" as "cannabis" xD

Oh oh, bad Grizzly. Apocalypse shaved Charles head. Quicksilver was so cool, liked Psylocke's outfit seems true to the comics but had very little dialogue.

5 minutes ago, ElGuirrix said:

No será perezosa? :P

La escuela es aburrida

Howdy Marky

I feel lazy like its a monday. But I had a great long weekend. 

1 minute ago, Skycook3y said:

You only have 5 estus charges? as for the king of storms, try to stay in front of him and aim for the dragons head. 

Also, Katana run is canceled because F*** Katanas

Yes, five or less left after killing his dragon. I can't dodge his fire breathing assaults. Why is the Moonlight Greatsword not too good in DS3? I killed the Dark sigil NPC and got her invisible katana. It seems better than the katana you get early on the game.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Oh oh, bad Grizzly. Apocalypse shaved Charles head. Quicksilver was so cool, liked Psylocke's outfit seems true to the comics but had very little dialogue.

Yes, five or less left after killing his dragon. I can't dodge his fire breathing assaults. Why is the Moonlight Greatsword not too good in DS3? I killed the Dark sigil NPC and got her invisible katana. It seems better than the katana you get early on the game.

Yeah, but Katanas are too slow and puck too little punch for my taste. I like greatswords or stuff to dual wield (except when they suck)

6 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

But for good news, it's Tuesday!

2 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Yeah, but Katanas are too slow and puck too little punch for my taste. I like greatswords or stuff to dual wield (except when they suck)

Katana's are too much of a coolness factor. They have a nice reach but the damage isn't all that special.