Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

20 Signs You've Been Playing Too Much Warframe

Cougarmint

Hey Guys!

Sorry I haven't been around much as of late. I've been through 2 surgeries and after that getting back on my feet with working a new job, so I haven't had time to pop my head up around lately. I'm also working on a backstory fan fiction for my Tenno character and hope to get it up soon.

Anyway, I wanted to share something funny with you all. I came home late after my job last night tired as heck and an inspiration came to me to write these 20 funny quips about playing too much Warframe. What inspired it? Actually #15 on the list for me because it actually happened. XD

Enjoy these quips and feel free to add your own.

You've been playing way too much Warframe when....

1) You can recite most of Lotus' dialogue from memory.
2) You can recite most of Ordis' dialogue from memory and tell yourself to shut up afterwards.
3) You check your logon rewards before your first morning cup of coffee.
4) You said "Just one more mission" six missions ago.
5) You look at one of the real-life planets through a telescope and ask yourself where the Grineer, Corpus, or Relays are.
6) You look through that same telescope looking for the Void and your Dojo.
7) You look at a Thanksgiving Turkey (or Chicken) and say, "Aww, poor Vay Hek."
8) You examine said Chicken or Turkey for a rare mod or a Hydroid part blueprint.
9) You hear "Play with this!" and immediately duck or block in self defense.
10) You name your cat Valkyr.
11) You name your dog after your favorite Kubrow (or your Kubrow after your real life dog.)
12) You name your dog Zanuka.
13) You look around when the lights flicker and ask yourself which death squad or field boss is coming after you this time.
14) You search your closet looking for your Warframe and weapons after seeing the lights flicker.
15) You're on Steam and glance at your friends list only to misread someone playing "Grand Theft Auto V" as "Grand Theft Alad V."
16) You hear "Infested" or "Infestation" and cringe thinking that the Zombie Apocalypse is finally here.
17) You think about starting a religion called the Church of RNGesus.
18) You hear the words "resources, materials, pigments, and/or blueprints" and think to yourself, "Welp, gotta go farming/grinding for that."
19) You are trying to make a sandwich and wonder where your foundry is.
20) You mistake Oxy-Clean for ground Oxium.

-----

Oh, and my normal Afterthought silliness... a quip about #15:

Alad: *pointing Flux Rifle at a car* Now, Tenno, I know you're nervous, but really, I just need to... uh... borrow, yes, borrow your car for a moment to make a get away...

*Tenno makes a rude gesture at Alad and runs over him about 3-4 times*

Alad: *standing up flat and flippy-floppy* Well, I never...!

If you're looking for 'Neer and Corpus through a telescope, not mention your Dojo, I'd say this is 20 signs you should check in at the nearest mental ward...

Well, of course. But then, I've always been a little crazy. XD

"13) You look around when the lights flicker and ask yourself which death squad or field boss is coming after you this time."

I had a real life freak out once while I was at a laundromat. I was doing my laundry and lights flickered for a moment and for a second I thought "not here! not now!" before coming to my senses and realizing stalker can't hurt me irl.

Hey Guys!

Sorry I haven't been around much as of late. I've been through 2 surgeries and after that getting back on my feet with working a new job, so I haven't had time to pop my head up around lately. I'm also working on a backstory fan fiction for my Tenno character and hope to get it up soon.

Anyway, I wanted to share something funny with you all. I came home late after my job last night tired as heck and an inspiration came to me to write these 20 funny quips about playing too much Warframe. What inspired it? Actually #15 on the list for me because it actually happened. XD

Enjoy these quips and feel free to add your own.

You've been playing way too much Warframe when....

1) You can recite most of Lotus' dialogue from memory.

2) You can recite most of Ordis' dialogue from memory and tell yourself to shut up afterwards.

3) You check your logon rewards before your first morning cup of coffee.

4) You said "Just one more mission" six missions ago.

5) You look at one of the real-life planets through a telescope and ask yourself where the Grineer, Corpus, or Relays are.

6) You look through that same telescope looking for the Void and your Dojo.

7) You look at a Thanksgiving Turkey (or Chicken) and say, "Aww, poor Vay Hek."

8) You examine said Chicken or Turkey for a rare mod or a Hydroid part blueprint.

9) You hear "Play with this!" and immediately duck or block in self defense.

10) You name your cat Valkyr.

11) You name your dog after your favorite Kubrow (or your Kubrow after your real life dog.)

12) You name your dog Zanuka.

13) You look around when the lights flicker and ask yourself which death squad or field boss is coming after you this time.

14) You search your closet looking for your Warframe and weapons after seeing the lights flicker.

15) You're on Steam and glance at your friends list only to misread someone playing "Grand Theft Auto V" as "Grand Theft Alad V."

16) You hear "Infested" or "Infestation" and cringe thinking that the Zombie Apocalypse is finally here.

17) You think about starting a religion called the Church of RNGesus.

18) You hear the words "resources, materials, pigments, and/or blueprints" and think to yourself, "Welp, gotta go farming/grinding for that."

19) You are trying to make a sandwich and wonder where your foundry is.

20) You mistake Oxy-Clean for ground Oxium.

-----

Oh, and my normal Afterthought silliness... a quip about #15:

Alad: *pointing Flux Rifle at a car* Now, Tenno, I know you're nervous, but really, I just need to... uh... borrow, yes, borrow your car for a moment to make a get away...

*Tenno makes a rude gesture at Alad and runs over him about 3-4 times*

Alad: *standing up flat and flippy-floppy* Well, I never...!

When the power goes out cause you live in the hood and you think the ships integrity has been compromised

More that i become far more alert when flickering lights happen. Curse you, Tetris Effect!

The Stalker, aside from giving me Dread and Despair, also taught me alertness. I must thank him for that...

... by destroying him with Dread.... again...

I was cleaning one of the massage parlors at my job the other day and its lights started flickering. I was thinking, "Great. I don't have my Warframe. Just a mop and a couple of spray bottles. Wait. Maybe Stalker wants a massage?" XD

Working nights with your brain half asleep has its (dis)advantages, let me tell ya.