Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Come Up With An Idea For A Game

Lord-Taco-the-Great

FORUM GAME! Make a game where the user above you is the main char

A point and click game where Pip1n is supposed to save a nuke from launching while getting chased with a hawt German chick mercenary

Edited by Trailgamer5

FORUM GAME! Make a game where the user above you is the main char

A point and click game where Pip1n is supposed to save a nuke from launching while getting chased with a hawt German chick mercenary

I wouldn't mind if I got chased by her ;)

Short concept piece or something bigger?

little: a game where you take on the role of artificial intelligence and have to convince a skeptical team of researchers that you are self-aware.

bigger: a game where the player character works for an organization involved in the operation of Numbers Stations. You decide which numbers go out, and get to observe the effects that play out depending on what numbers you send. Probably works better when played for laughs.

here's an idea draw wars. its sorta like spore only its 2d and looks like your drawing with crayons.

you try and draw medieval stuff to combat each other and take down your opponents castle.

the game takes size and weight in account, so you can draw fat knights and sheep and use them as ammunition for your catapults and trebuchets.

or the game could not even be medieval themed and just be about creative ways to complete the objectives to win. for example tie balloons to the flag in capture the flag.

or draw bent weapons to give to the enemy soldiers. when they try to fire the weapons they would explode.

and of course the soldiers for each side would be stick figures.

All I can say is, you can't go wrong with these features:

Co-op.

Customisable rules for multiplayer.

Map maker/level designer.

Customisation.

LAN/system link support.

Unless of course the rest of your game sucks.

I can't really think of anything original, considering your time and budget (being that you are students as you say). Most games I want to play already exist or have been cancelled. And a lot of the games I do play could benefit from that list too. (if they haven't already got it)

I'd say look at making something basic and fun, big games take a lot of time to create, and unless you're working with a pre-made engine you're not likely going to want to take on something like an FPS or RTS. You might want to try some of the behemoths games (castle crashers, battleblock theatre, etc.), some mobile games, or look at some of the indies in steam greenlight for inspiration.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

OK OK I GOT ONE

It's a game ok?
A third person shooter, where you control beings you reside in special suits. These suits can use special powers and parkour is also in the game!

Every single suit has a unique theme to them.

They have to use a mix of all of the tactics to beat the 4 factions!

For such a thread i could think of several things.

But "a bunch of friends" doesn't sound like the scope can be particular big.

Okay so:

Small scope idea:

"Skald".

A historical fiction game in which you take the role of a norse poet/story teller in the year 930.

The objective of the game is to reach Iceland to settle down there. However to get there you need to earn money, fame and favors.

These are primarily gained by traveling from town to town in Denmark, Sveden and Norway and telling and crafting stories there.

Now here is how i imagine this could work in gameplay:

You travel around via a geographic map, starting in Denmark with only one location. Once you reached a certain fame in the first town you unlock more traveling locations.

Once in a town you have a single image of the town map which shows key locations.

Key locations being:

Taverns, stables, trading posts, prisons, fortifications/castles, burial grounds, religios sites, farms and harbors.

Each of these locations should have an interior image where you can click on highlighted people. I imagine this being similar to The Archimedian Dynastie.

The people can be generaly grouped into 4 types.

1. Quest givers. 2. Listeners. 3. Informers. 4. Traders.

Quest givers are people who want you to craft stories for them. Often related to them. For example a great story of their own or their ancestors deeds. Meanwhile some just want to hear fantastic stories, sometimes related to the very region they are in. Or in some cases they want you to craft a story which damages the repution of their rivals/enemies.

Listeners are those who just want to hear some story. Unlike quest givers those are extremely random and you have to pay attention to the things they say while interupting you.

Informers are the most vital people you can find. They will tell you stories and informations, which contain key words, persons and events you need to expand your story telling material.

Traders finaly trade goods you need to keep on traveling or sometimes enchange goods for gifts you recieved.

As hinted above the main gameplay would be to craft stories on the fly.

Essentialy you start off with a small arsenal of keywords, persons and events.

Like for example you have the names of the norse gods, their tools and some of their deeds.

So for example you can craft a story of Odin and Thor, traveling to a magical location where they beat down a bunch of giants to get a pelt that grants them the ability to burrow into the earth, which they use to steal gold from dwarfs.

Good enough to gain a bit of fame in taverns and some friendly coins from the townfolk there. However this story won't fly for some local nobles. So you need to collect info on these nobles and the history of the towns nearby.

So you go around talking to informers and paying or convince for necessary informations.

Once you have gained the necessary keywords, you can craft a story about how the noble's ancestors once wrestled with Thor and gained his eternal favor to rule over towns at the coast.

Now you have gained a lot of fame, money and also a favor from the nobles, which you can use to travel on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I call this small scope, because i imagine this could work very well with relative simple graphics. The main challenge being the story crafting and listener manipulation system.

Edited by Othergrunty

Scale would be helpful to know. The idea itself is easy to create if you know the type of platform you want it played on most.

Also, are you creating for fun? As in practice.

Or looking towards the future? As in for profit.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

Heres a concept that hasn't been done to my knowledge.

Name: The ghosts of war

Genre; A 2D arcade action plat-former RPG

The world; It take place on the planet Delrate, a planet on the verge of human territory, when an alien race starts waging war on humanity and your character is one of many men sent to war.

The story; your chosen character starts off with their family and after a time the screen fades out to the sound of weapon fire and explosions and your character wakes up among the remains of a transport, your character then fights until he come upon an alien pinned under wreckage and the player has two options;

(1) Throw down your weapon and help the alien with no negative effects

(2) Kill the alien, but your character is ashamed of what they have become 

Then your character sets off on along journey home....the rest is up to you........

The game; it needs to have impact with its story, a game is nothing without a compelling story, Story comes first, gameplay second.

Game-play; your character uses a combo of guns and blade fighting style, with the players choice of 2 abilities, and the player can spend points in a skill tree to become stronger.

Character Creator; it needs to be diverse there needs to be tons of options for customization, don't make it 5 options, be creative! 

Scale would be helpful to know. The idea itself is easy to create if you know the type of platform you want it played on most.

Also, are you creating for fun? As in practice.

Or looking towards the future? As in for profit.

It would also be good to know whether you're making it from scratch or if you have an engine in mind.

OK OK I GOT ONE

It's a game ok?

A third person shooter, where you control beings you reside in special suits. These suits can use special powers and parkour is also in the game!

Every single suit has a unique theme to them.

They have to use a mix of all of the tactics to beat the 4 factions!

Hmm sounda familiar... I got it! You're obviously ripping off Terraria here.

Warframe + SMITE + Wow / ESO (World of Warcraft) = GG

Open world(s) exploration of WoW with quests grinding, Loot rewards, dungeons/raids, ect.

Conquering aspect of Warframe for Clans / Alliances in the form of mass MOBA style matches to decide the victor. 

Leave free style public PvP also an option. Much like the option to play Conclave or "regular" pvp for wagers possibly (...?) or no stakes at all.

Warframe's ability set up is already very much like a MOBA as it is, 3 primary abilities and 1 ultimate, and character picking is much like a MOBA also (although more limited at the moment). It would only take some balancing, tweaking, cool down implementation, ect to modify it to a true 3rd person MOBA style.... much like SMITE but it would still feel like WF with all of the mobility. Make a primary objective (Tower to attack, pannels to hack) directly under a defensive tower that can only be harmed a certain way or from within a certain range, and find a way to make it imperative that minions find their way under the tower before the objective(s) can be completed. The hardest part, in my opinion that is, would be to make an in game store for purchasing gear from earned currency during the match. Much like LoL and Smite have a gear store to upgrade and provide utility to your character, WF could have a Mod Store to improve your character as the match progresses. 

A virtual warframe drinking game.

4 Tenno are playing beer pong at the relay station. The side that loses are drinking virtual cups of beer (you can also play along in real life and drink real cups of beer if you choose - preferably 21 and over to keep it legal here) at the end of the game the side that loses is virtually intoxicated. The 4 of your proceed to jump into a game. The two players who lost have the 'tipsy' elemental affect on and it status procs 100% of the time on said player. You're view point is hazy, your movement is dizzying and awkward, you reach for your side-arm but instead it's replaced w a virtual can of beer that you somehow snuck out of the relay. You throw said can of beer at enemy causing Impact damage of 1 and causes a momentary 'confusion' effect as the enemy is going 'WTF?' for approximately 2 seconds allowing you to either figure out how to switch to your primary or attempt to stumble your virtual self out of harm's way.  

In the end you extract from the game and sleep it off in your liset for the next 8 hours (you have the option to rush this for 15 plat).