Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many People Work At D.e.?

Withthegoodrice

I know that DE is a relatively new company that's under development, and content does seem to get released at a somewhat "slow" rate to what you'd expect professional companies with years of experience and infrastructure to do, but does anyone have numbers regarding their staff?

Or even to where most their staff is allocated? Like, how many people are dedicated to game balance, coding (compsci), modeling texturing rigging, animating, marketing, etc.

I guess this is nothing of particular value, but it'd be interesting to get some insight on how the company is run :o.

Edit: oh S#&$. My whole world has shifted. They're not a relatively new company. Relatively small, I guess? Would that be more appropriate?

And no ones commented it yet, but just to avoid a misinterpretation, I am in NO way complaining about content speed. "Slow" is in quotes for a reason. I think that the quality and speed at which content is released is pretty incredible (look at League, on the other hand).

Edited by Withthegoodrice

I know that DE is a relatively new company that's under development, and content does seem to get released at a somewhat "slow" rate to what you'd expect professional companies with years of experience and infrastructure to do

You're... new here, aren't you?

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

Digital Extremes has been around 25 years now, worked on some of the biggest titles in games, has been developing Warframe for 2+ yrs live, although some people cannot appreciate the context of that, has a customer base of 1million+ subscribers and about 200+ staff. Just off the top of my head.

They have been around a long time, although they were on the verge of going out of business and warframes success saved them. 

They may have quite a few employees but it still seems like they have severely slowed down development of warframe.  Whatever the reason may be its why I almost given up on warframe.  They used to put out major updates every two months, now we are lucky to get one every 4~5 months. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Digital Extremes has been around 25 years now, worked on some of the biggest titles in games, has been developing Warframe for 2+ yrs live, although some people cannot appreciate the context of that, has a customer base of 1million+ subscribers and about 200+ staff. Just off the top of my head.

8 million in-game accounts, and over 1 million forum accounts, if that's what you meant.