The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Assassins In Nightmare Mods Alerts - No Resistance At All

ligonare

You go into a nightmare mod alert and you get the NO SHIELDS modifier. Fair enough.

Then of all the times to attack, G3/ Zanuka/ Stalker shows up.

Is this a free revive offering? There is no question as to who will fall. For the love of Lotus, please remove all possibility of assassins appearing in such alerts. It is just downright bad game design. 

Nightmare is mean to be challenging

not a fast run 1min30 kill the boss in 3 hit and run away

(ok in your case içll sugest yu to leave anbd restart mission if yu feel yu gonna get pawned)

but plz dont ask to lower dif , we have nnothing else end game beside nightmare for now (raid ... is not really end game afterall)

Edited by Tsoe

Nightmare Mod Spy mission with assassins. Does that sound fair?

Mod means NO SHIELDS. Everyone here sounds like they are always in a team for such a case, but in this case it is not.

Powers do not even work against the stalker. So don't say it's not difficult when using a loki in this case.

And Nightmare is supposed to mean 'challenging', not '1 dread arrow to the face and goodbye' in no shields mode.

Edited by ligonare

Ehhh. When i solo nightmare alerts for the challenge i usually have enough firepower to get even the G3 down fast, and at least some form of CC on my frame.

For Stalker, since he nullifies powers, i usually seek a seclused place and blap him during the kneeling-to-standing animation. Failing that it's the usual - pray he keeps to the Dread and use some piece of cover to dodge his arrows and fight back.

It's true that if you can't free yourself of other mobs you're gonna be in for a lot of troubles.

On to the point i don't think assassins are so common that they need to be removed from nightmare alerts. It happens so rarely anyway...

Failing that it's the usual - pray he keeps to the Dread and use some piece of cover to dodge his arrows and fight back.

that's the moment i love, yu fail the one hit kill and yu are like oh crap i am screwed

but yu try yur best , got a bit of adrenaline buff and sometimes make it via pure skills or pure luck.

----------

would be cool to have thoose kind of feelings without the need of a malus

----------

nightmare would be so cool if it was normal energy-shield-life

but with a squad of 4 stalkers running after you

Edited by Tsoe

Nightmare is mean to be challenging

not a fast run 1min30 kill the boss in 3 hit and run away

(ok in your case içll sugest yu to leave anbd restart mission if yu feel yu gonna get pawned)

but plz dont ask to lower dif , we have nnothing else end game beside nightmare for now (raid ... is not really end game afterall)

...Unless you're playing a sabotage or, you know, deception nightmare mission. On a speedrun-built Rhino-Pee. But tell nobody, else DE will nerf my big fat mouth.

It is called bad luck, they aren't going to make the game easier because you rolled with a Loki and got no shield mode. That isn't worth nerfing for. I think you should have just been prepared for anything. I can oneshot Stalker and have beaten him Nightmare no shield before with my Zephyr. Granted he didn't oneshot me but you played as a Loki who is squishy you shouldn't have expected to be able to tank a hit.

Edited by Feallike

If the OP, or anyone cannot play the mission withany frame, then something needs to be adjusted. Almost all of the frames are "squishy", and why should someone have to have a certain frame to make it? You guys talk like everyone has every frame and if they don't have the one you think is so special they shouldn't even play the mission. What needs to happen, despite your lust for a challenge at the expense of other players, is the difficulty dialed down and YES, the assassins should be removed from Nihtmare modes. Place the assassins in high level stuff, so people who are "one shotting" them have all the challenge they need but do not stack several difficult situations one on top of the other in lower level missions - Nightmare or not, There is nightmare enough in having half sheilds, life draining and whatever else is inherent in Nightmare mode - adding assassins is just overkill.

Ill give you guys room - in high level Nightmare Modes - like if there is one on Ceres or Pluto... put them there. There is your challenge! Place the assassins in 45+ level Nightmare modes and leave them out of the lower difficulties. Is that a good compromise?