Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U17 Hype Threadnaught [Queue The Mariachi Band Edition]

Letter13

It is an hour past dawn.  With the coming of morning glory, Update 17 shall arise soon! It will bring with it manifestations of supreme awesomeness! Also kubrow armor to make your favorite dog-alien-pet thing sharp and pointy!

Got this from PC gamer little spoiler post:

(http://www.pcgamer.com/warframe-to-get-major-echoes-of-the-sentient-update-this-week/)

There are five new weapons, too. The Ack and Brunt (Tyl Regor's custom axe and shield), the Grattler (an explosive Archwing canon), Harpak (an automatic harpoon gun), Kulstar (cluster-rocket launcher) and the Twin Grakatas.

Here's a rundown of some other additions:

NEW CONCLAVE ADDITIONS 
Daily Challenges: Earn additional Standing with Teshin's Conclave by completing Daily Challenges. 
New Conclave Maps: Apex (Annihilation/Team Annihilation), The Spire (Capture the Cephalon) and The Pit (Annihilation/Team Annihilation) 
Conclave Mods: Purchase 19 new Conclave Mods through Standing from Teshin.

NEW KUBROW ITEMS
Retriever Kubrow: Trained to retrieve valuable resources for its master.
Kubrow Armor: Outfit your Kubrow with new Rostam and Valinn Decorative Armor.

NEW CUSTOMIZATIONS
Izvara: The exclusive garment of Tenno chosen to protect the Orokin Council of Executors.
Nelumbo: Worn to honor the Lotus.
Udyat: A flowing ribbon of silken fabric, crowned with a star. 
Vanquished Banner: Add insult to injury by mocking the Grineer with their own banner.

So any idea whether it's a decently timed Thursday release, or rather a late as hell thursday release?

Not sure whether I should wait for it to drop or just pass until tomorrow..

Like any big update, I think expecting it near midnight today is the best bet. Anything earlier is just wishful hoping.

So anybody know if Frost will get anything special for his rework? Or does he just not matter enough to compete with Excal...?

Quoting from DE Drew's July 3rd hot topic:

Frost Rework:
Now that Excalibur’s rework is out on PC and coming soon to consoles, Frost is next in line for a rework. In case you missed the details, here’s an excerpt from the last Devstream:
Spoiler 
Ice Wave now extends out from Frost in a cone.
Enemies frozen mid-air will now fall and (potentially) smash on the ground.
Enemies that survive Avalanche will now have their armor 'broken', making them vulnerable to future attacks.
Snow Globe will repel enemies that step inside.
Freeze can hit the floor and create pocket of cold, slowing enemy movement.
Frost's passive will give enemies chance of being frozen when melee attacking Frost.

Well PC, enjoy u17 today, your console friends will soon be with you, for now we'll be waiting for our new excalibur :D

Edited by (PS4)eliteforcejohn

So anybody know if Frost will get anything special for his rework? Or does he just not matter enough to compete with Excal...?

Well, the 2 reworks are a bit different: Frost has never been nerfed to the ground and has never been useless, plus Excalibur is the poster boy afterall; though, I'd love to see some contents for Frost too!

Edited by siralextraffo

Frost Rework:
Now that Excalibur’s rework is out on PC and coming soon to consoles, Frost is next in line for a rework. In case you missed the details, here’s an excerpt from the last Devstream:
Spoiler 
Enemies that survive Avalanche will now have their armor 'broken', making them vulnerable to future attacks.
Frost's passive will give enemies chance of being frozen when melee attacking Frost.

I was talking more along the lines of Prisma Skins :P

Frost Rework:
Spoiler 

Well PC, enjoy u17 today, your console friends will soon be with you, for now we'll be waiting for our new excalibur :D

I think he was referring to skins, helmets and stuff like those.

The sword and board weapon that he also uses was shown in the teaser trailer so that is probaly coming. I know his fist weapons are going to be used in Archwing because DE showed that on a devstream. Considering that we are getting a archwing gun that looks like a Grineer weapon and also the Tyl Regor boss fight itself its probaly highly likely that we will see the fist weapons.

I agree it would make the most sense, but we can never be sure, sadly nothing hints at this happening, I hope I am wrong and will be pleasantly surprised, sadly there is no hint at all for any changes to archwing mode other then sharkwing preview and one gun we see in the video.

I agree it would make the most sense, but we can never be sure, sadly nothing hints at this happening, I hope I am wrong and will be pleasantly surprised, sadly there is no hint at all for any changes to archwing mode other then sharkwing preview and one gun we see in the video.

"There are five new weapons, too. The Ack and Brunt (Tyl Regor's custom axe and shield)..."