Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Devstream #57!

[DE]Rebecca

Thread cleaned up of comments relating back to a comment made by Steve on the stream. 

It's understandable that players take offense to this, but conversation on this topic has led to a toxic forum environment that has offended both sides of the party. 

Let's keep the forum place clean, friendly, and approachable. 

Thank you.

What comment were they mad about?

Can't believe Steve actually got crap from the community for laughing ABOUT chat but, Merica, Entitled as ever.

OT: Day and Night frame came together spectacularly, really gonna enjoy the synergy of the 2 frames at the price of one. New cape was astounding. Parkour 2.0 actually, for me, makes WF into a new game by the looks of it. Still not crazy about Arch Wing/ SharkWing might be time i pick it up again.

All hail the Supra.

Thank you for watching!

Platinum Winners:

cosmicnugget

predalien567

phezzan

tacozombies

lors_never

jedijoker

DE_Adam will have an overview up early next week!

i am a super avid critic of Warframe and DE and since ive been here since CB ive gather years of experience as well

but i just wanted to say that this was one of the best and most informative devstreams in recent times, i actually feel pretty hyped for U17 =]

DE really talked big all thru 2014 and early 2015 and i think im not alone in that a lot of us have been progressively let down over and over, but i am really glad to see some of these larger dynamic system changes finally go live

so basically, even one of your most die-hard critics can still acknowledge when you're kicking ! DE =] (and of course i only critique cuz i care/luv, but u already know that)

much luv and here's hoping that next week gets here fast [of course yall take yer time and use this week wisely]

also slight edit - to erybody getting all twisted on a few flippant/random comments, plz dont try to nail ppl to the wall for such small slights, just becuz not everyone is the most progressive person on the planet does not mean that they have bad intentions, i certainly took zero offense from Steve's comment and my g/f is bi/pan/etc/whatevs as are many of our friends (trans/etc), just like when Chris Evans and Jeremy Renner made an off comment about Black Widow during an Avengers interview, ppl like to just jump down someone's throat cuz they take things too personally, not everything is an attack and some ppl need to develop a thicker eggshell =]

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

i am a super avid critic of Warframe and DE and since ive been here since CB ive gather years of experience as well

but i just wanted to say that this was one of the best and most informative devstreams in recent times, i actually feel pretty hyped for U17 =]

DE really talked big all thru 2014 and early 2015 and i think im not alone in that a lot of us have been progressively let down over and over, but i am really glad to see some of these larger dynamic system changes finally go live

so basically, even one of your most die-hard critics can still acknowledge when you're kicking ! DE =] (and of course i only critique cuz i care/luv, but u already know that)

much luv and here's hoping that next week gets here fast [of course yall take yer time and use this week wisely]

also slight edit - to erybody getting all twisted on a few flippant/random comments, plz dont try to nail ppl to the wall for such small slights, just becuz not everyone is the most progressive person on the planet does not mean that they have bad intentions, i certainly took zero offense from Steve's comment and my g/f is bi/pan/etc/whatevs as are many of our friends (trans/etc), just like when Chris Evans and Jeremy Renner made an off comment about Black Widow during an Avengers interview, ppl like to just jump down someone's throat cuz they take things too personally, not everything is an attack and some ppl need to develop a thicker eggshell =]

Yup, one of the best streams in a while :

- no important questions dodging (it seems)

- lots of things shown (things we wanted to see)

- Clear explanation of what's happening next

- Cowboy Glen

- The almighty pink shorts

It raised the bar of devstreams quality.

Edited by unknow99

I have a question on the new ying yang frame. Will this frame be plat available only? If not how will the non-plat players get this frame? ex: quest, boss, alerts, ect. ???

Their is no such thing as a plat only frame and their never will be. I guarantee that we'll farm this frame one way or another so dont worry.

Also by "non plat players" i hope you mean players who dont buy plat for real money since it is very much possible to get hundreds or thousands of plat simply by farming for items in high demand and selling them in trade chat to other players. The only thing plat is really their for is cosmetics and saving time on waiting.

Edited by KeyBlades

I have a question on the new ying yang frame. Will this frame be plat available only? If not how will the non-plat players get this frame? ex: quest, boss, alerts, ect. ???

they have never done a plat only WF. I doubt they will start now. I would guess it will be available through the new quest line but only time will tell.

I am very excited for the new update, it will breath new life into this game as it provides the aggressive movements the players have desired.

I was very skeptical about the underwater combat, but the tile and integration itself looks wonderful. Those submarine guys must be balanced though, because combat with them looked very frustrating.

The new frame's "sleep" ability looks like the passive aggressive attack that will make stealth even more for filling!

Do not get me wrong, please! I humbly reason with the presenters!:

We are all adults here and have due discourse to adult behaviors, but to alienate the viewers of the stream with brash language is most unfortunate, especially during the unveiling of new and important content. The prior stream executed the presentation of content with no sharp audibles and it was pleasant and honorable experiance. I applaud those presenters who displayed professional "self control" during the current stream and found the appropriate words to describe their emotions regarding the game's content. 

Edited by Takai

I believe us Console Tenno will prob see u17 in roughly 2 months after pc release (here's hoping sooner) but such a large change in gameplay ie. Parkour 2.0 will mean alot of tweaking b4 we see it on consoles. In mean time we have the excal rework (i assume) being sent with an upcoming update for us b4 we will se u17.

As a MR19 player i am definately looking forward to new content and i can see the new frame being put to some record breaking defence usage. The cloth looks great but im concerned with how it actually looks with a weapon holstered and not hidden. Great to finally hear that Chroma is getting his Toxic build modified given the loss of stamina. Im guessing maybe a companion buff to replace this such as increases kubrow/sentinel attack/movement speed. Regardless im looking forward to the next few months of WF.

Nice work DE and keep it real!

I should say i have a problem with the use of alcohol on a games stream there are under aged children also playing this game and watching the streams

This is a game about slicing things in to pieces with copious amounts of blood and murdering just about everything that moves and you have a problem with alcohol? The priorities are staggering.

I should say i have a problem with the use of alcohol on a games stream there are under aged children also playing this game and watching the streams

The game is rated M. If people under the age of 17 want to play it, they should know what they're getting into.

The devs also cuss on streams sometimes, but again, their target audience is legal adults who aren't so easily influenced.

Edited by SpookiBoo

Isn't the game 17+ anyways? also stream is marked as Mature IIRC

Then again drinking laws/social view of alcoholic beverages are different in each country

Really loved the stream today guys, but can you at least apologize for laughing with the transphobes in the chat, Steve? That seriously hurt, man. Rank 18 with a lot of time put into this game, and I really didn't expect that to come on a stream.

im sure he never meant it in a harsh manner but i think youll be happy to hear that he has openly apologized not once but numerous times on twitter c:

I should say I have a problem with parent's letting their children play a game rated M for mature without monitoring the content they experience.

I should say I have a problem with parent's not taking responsibility for what media they allow their child to view.

I should say I have a problem with parent's pointing the finger a the media, and media creators for what is in said media, when there is an obvious rating that states this is not for children below the age of 17. Meaning they should only play this game with the consent of the parent willing to let their child view and listen to media that WILL have content meant for the ages of 17 and above because this game is made for people of the ages 17 and up, not 16 and below. 

I should definitely say I have a problem with parent's blaming others for their child witnessing things that are not meant for their age, when their children should be taught by the parent on what they should be viewing. What your child does in your home is on you. Not the content, and not the content creators. 

How easy has it become to limit what your child can do on the internet? How simple is it, as an adult, a "concerned" parent... to ask around for ways in which they can protect their child from venturing to content they do not feel they should be viewing?

The game is rated M, and any material produced by the actual company for the game is a direct association with the game, being rated M for mature audiences. And the ESRB CLEARLY states, that it is NOT meant for children.

What is in the stream? A game rated M, so should children be watching it? No. 

Are you an adult who has a child, and you allow them to play warframe? Yes? Then how simple is it to say "oh well they're drinking alcohol in this stream so I don't think I'll let my child watch this"? 

As a parent, you have to play the "bad guy" at times to make sure you're child is raised right. 

Let alone, in this day and age, the content creators of VIDEO GAMES should not have to uphold the exceedingly stick in the &#! standards & practices that many companies are held to. They are making VIDEO GAMES for the sake of FUN!!! So of course, I would want people who are down to earth, and comfortable enough to be themselves with the people who enjoy their games. 

Keep up the great work guys & gals. Warframe is a great game, and what you do, say, or personally believe has absolutely NOTHING to do with this game being fun.