Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

While Everyones Opinions Are Valid And Nice...

achromos

context:

People are getting offended by the white/day side of Equinox being bulky and looking a bit masculine.  When in fact it is a female frame...

Just remember, Equinox is STILL a fictional character.  At this point I could imagine people arguing on the length of a wizards beard qualifying/disqualifying the fictional old  guiding character 'trope' [Dumbledore, or Gandalf, ect.] as true actual wizards when in fact beards don't make the wizard in the first place and the artists intent is in deed that they are wizards without a doubt.  If that beard is even off color of our expectations it seems like people will fly into a rage faster then a Valkyr using her ult.

It's amazing how offended people are getting over a slight variance of their own expectations.  This is quite the same issue that we have seen with other warframes though most easily recalled are the people that have hated chroma just because he didn't fit their expectations.

Personally I don't quite care how a warframe is 'supposed' to look in my own opinion as long as it in general looks nice [which Equinox does imo] and functions well [which we will have to get our hands on the frame to begin with]

Edited by achromos

I see....

YAGpXPd.png

Personally I haven't seen anyone getting offended.  And if a female frame looks male who cares? 

Remember, Zephyr is a female and has a big codpiece. 

Pls nerf Zephyr Codpiece.

Edited by Rosalyn

What is the argument I'm missing?!

People are getting offended by the white/day side of Equinox being bulky and looking a bit masculine.  When in fact it is a female frame... 

also, I'm tired and just got up when I should be asleep for work :P

Edited by achromos

Have they never seen a female bodybuilder before? And either way, who frikn cares? Seriously? If that's what people are getting upset about, said people need jobs.

Have they never seen a female bodybuilder before? And either way, who frikn cares? Seriously? If that's what people are getting upset about, said people need jobs.

Whut. How are those 2 things even related? That was just not necessary dude.

Anyways I didn't see anyone on the forums being offended or anything, you might want to add some context.

At this point I could imagine people arguing on the length of a wizards beard

God damnit, a wizard's beard should be equal length to their age in inches and colouring should depend on the type of magic used :P

Honestly though I haven't seen people arguing about appearance so much as Equinox's gender. Most people don't care, eh.

Though when it comes to wizards beard, oooh boy you best be dusting the books and star charts :P

Whut. How are those 2 things even related? That was just not necessary dude.

Anyways I didn't see anyone on the forums being offended or anything, you might want to add some context.

I'm guessing he's saying that people who have the time to sit around on a forum about a sci-fi space ninja shooter and complain about design choices made in said game should have better things to do with their life; e.g., getting a job.

Day hasn't even been officially called female in the first place. Steve was calling Equinox "He" in the devstream, which may or may not hold any salt, but it goes both ways. So I mean honestly, whoever has a problem with more masculine side can chill. It's supposed to be more masculine, whether it's actually non-female or not.

Day hasn't even been officially called female in the first place. Steve was calling Equinox "He" in the devstream, which may or may not hold any salt, but it goes both ways. So I mean honestly, whoever has a problem with more masculine side can chill. It's supposed to be more masculine, whether it's actually non-female or not.

Any chance you can link the time in the stream in which Steve says that? I rewatched the Equinox part of the stream and only ever saw Equinox referred to as a her.

Genuinely curious/thinking I missed something.

Also, you have that correct. Equinox's Day form is supposed to be energetic, bulky, and imposing, while Night is supposed to be more frail, elegant, and calm. Whether they decide Day is male or female, the bulk is definitely a main point.

Any chance you can link the time in the stream in which Steve says that? I rewatched the Equinox part of the stream and only ever saw Equinox referred to as a her.

Also, you have that correct. Equinox's Day form is supposed to be energetic, bulky, and imposing, while Night is supposed to be more frail, elegant, and calm. Whether they decide Day is male or female, the bulk is definitely a main point.

Not sure, I remember hearing multiple He's, but I haven't watched the stream since when it was live. Maybe when they first brought it out in arsenal would be a good start, instead of the gameplay portion?

But yeah, fairly masculine and swole for sure.

i also only remember her, never heard a he in there at all

As far as i know, in yin-yang symbol, white symolizes male and the black - female.

Equinox's Day form is supposed to be energetic, bulky, and imposing, while Night is supposed to be more frail, elegant, and calm.

Male - energetic, bulky, and imposing. Female - frail, elegant, and calm

Where did the opposite statement even come from? Or am i missing something?

I'm guessing he's saying that people who have the time to sit around on a forum about a sci-fi space ninja shooter and complain about design choices made in said game should have better things to do with their life; e.g., getting a job.

I assure you, it's entirely possible to carry on internet arguments while you have a job. If you Sleep for 8 hours, and work for 8 hours, that still leaves you with another 8 hours in the day for eating/family and friends/playing video games/arguing about said video games on a forum.

that's why the yang aidd has heals, yin side buffs and speed novas

You refer to Pacify and Provoke? Provoke (Yang) makes enemies speed up and attack faster but take more damage.

I'm referring to Mend and Maim. Yin would not mend, it would make people fall sick and die. But yes the Yang energy would probably make people bleed profusely from all their orifices or some such.