The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Confess, Im A Hek Addict !

Ktula_

Howdy all, ive got a confession to make ....

The Hek in this game is, well i cant put it down ! :)

It kinda has that old Doom 2 feel (yes i grew up in the 90`s) but man, it feels like a proper first person shooter shotgun.... Dont even get me started about that BOOM sound it makes too, its all gold !

I must admit i made it as soon as i could use it, and i was initially a little disappointed until i threw a catalyst and a forma or 2 into it, but now its my go to gun. I like a good rifle, but good lord, the spread radius combined with the damage dealt is just spot on for me!

I know this weapon isnt the current meta, or whatever, but the fun factor is 11/10 ! I have a few suggestions (these arent going to be the world record breaking numbers, but just some friendly advice for anyone considering adding this fine piece of hardware to their arsenal).

1. Ammo Stock ranked to 3/5 , this baby is cheap on mod points, adds 2 more rounds to the clip, makes the world of difference !

2. Hell`s Chamber , Who doesnt want more pellets of love ???!!

3. Punch Through , oh baby, hell yeah !

4. After the adding the above mods plus Point Blank (more damage) ,Blaze  (damage and heat) and other elemental damage .... its just gravy.

As a side note, i also strongly suggest listening to the following link while playing with the Hek, theres something about this gun and the run speed in this game that feels very Doomish :) (i take no credit for the music, it was remade by Nemistade).

Edit : spelling

Edited by Ktula_

I recently crafted Hek again, and slapped 3 formas on, and maybe thinking to get 4th one. Scattering Justice is pretty much a must and i even think its one of the best syndicate augment mods on any weapon.

but the four barrels and punchy sound just makes this shottie really satisfying using it.

SO going to build the Hek once i GET THE MOD....

Yeah i got Hell`s Chamber pretty early on (only came back to the game recently) but RNG hated me with Split Chamber, and it still eludes me, but i have seen the light ! :)

Yeah i got Hell`s Chamber pretty early on (only came back to the game recently) but RNG hated me with Split Chamber, and it still eludes me, but i have seen the light ! :)

I may have an extra Split chamber. I wont be on WF for about 12-14 hours (school work sucks lol) BUt I think I can help you out there.

I may have an extra Split chamber. I wont be on WF for about 12-14 hours (school work sucks lol) BUt I think I can help you out there.

Thanks for the offer man, but im in Hek Loveville, i think that mod would be better donated to another player, I do have a spare Hells Chamber though if you need it, If your online now, ill throw it your way

Scattered Justice is a must-have for the Hek.

I also highly recommend putting Accelerated Blast on it (+60% puncture damage, +60% fire rate) because the increased rate of fire will make the shotgun handle much more nicely and increase both burst and sustained DPS more than any elemental mod.

And of course - as already mentioned - the Ammo Stock so you can fire 6 rounds in a row instead of 4.

Punch-Through is also very nice, though instead of the Seeking Force (2.1PT) I use Seeking Fuy (1.2PT and +15% reload speed) simply because knocking 0.3 seconds off the relaod makes it handle that much better and with the Hek, it's all about having fun.

My build for Hek:

- (Primed) Point Blank

- Scattered Justice

- Hell's Chamber

- Blaze

- Accelerated Blast

- Ammo Stock

- Seeking Fury

- Incendiary Coat

Notice that I'm not using Vicious Spread. It's just not worth it.

Not only does this give me the highest DPS possible against groups because of the punch-through, but with the 6 round magazine, fast fire rate and improved reload speed this version of the Hek is a LOT more fun to play with than the stock version.

Edit:

I just did the math and dropping Hell's Chamber for a 90% elemental mod isn't worth it in my build. Damage drops by about 3.5% if you do... which might actually be worth it to exploit corrosive bonus damage against Ferrite units come to think of it. Something to ponder.

Edited by steamrick