Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Rework

Mippy

Serioulsy, with all the additions and changes that will come with the new parkour and movement system, the sense and usefullness of Zephyr (how she is now) is completely destroyed. Every single Frame basicly gets a very high jump which is much better controllable than Zephyr's 1 and doesn't even cost energy, the ability to glide (similar to Zephyr's innate low gravity aura) and freerunning abilities that come pretty close to flying.

Right now, the only real advantage of Zephyr is maxing out duration to have superior flying capabilities in complete outdoor tiles (which are way too rare). So..  I beg DE to rework her so she will soon be something different than just a little pseudo tank spamming CC tornados. Anyone with me?

in the Dev Stream, i belive DE:Rebecca made a comment about how Zephyr would be like in the new system. she said somthing along the lines of

"with this system, we are already getting comments with players saying how useless Zephyr would be, although that new movement system makes Zephyr insanely Amazing"

but in the end, we will have to wait till the movement 2.0 is actually released.

Unless Tailwind has more use than just "go horizontal really fast", she's not gonna be very fun.

And, because I know someone is gonna say it; no, having to spam it to stay up in the air does not count as a use, nor does launching up very fast, which is now thrown out of the spotlight by bullet jump, previously directional melee. You wanna dominate from the skies? Good luck doing that when 80% of your time in the air is spent trying to stay in the air.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

"Rework" is such overused term these days, and since poster boy's rework it has been all the rage with any frame with the slightest imbalance or imperfection. At the most Zep warrants a tweak like Frost, not overhaul.

Zephyr will benefit even more with the new system. I'd recommend to wait till it comes out and once we all tried it report any problems

This.

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase

It's too early to make a call on whether her two first abilities will become obsolete when parkour 2.0 hits. It's like saying a book isn't good before even reading it. The devs also said that the new system will only benefit her.

Edited by nickelshark

Well the fact she will be able to have even more combos of bullet jump (as well as other mechanics) and her movement abilities. Personally I would count that as a buff, you have the painting upside down. 

Edited by CephalonSimaris

It seems that you don't see the behind the scenes and the past devstream, they stated that she will only benefit of the Parkour 2.0.

She will have the greatest aerial control of all warframes and I'm pretty sure that she can do even triple jumps and stay longer in the air making her "fly".

If someday they decide do something to zephyr, only a tweak of numbers nothing drastic.

Serioulsy, with all the additions and changes that will come with the new parkour and movement system, the sense and usefullness of Zephyr (how she is now) is completely destroyed. Every single Frame basicly gets a very high jump which is much better controllable than Zephyr's 1 and doesn't even cost energy, the ability to glide (similar to Zephyr's innate low gravity aura) and freerunning abilities that come pretty close to flying.

Right now, the only real advantage of Zephyr is maxing out duration to have superior flying capabilities in complete outdoor tiles (which are way too rare). So.. I beg DE to rework her so she will soon be something different than just a little pseudo tank spamming CC tornados. Anyone with me?

Nope