Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Supplements Do You Take For The Gym And Why?

--21st--

TDEE: 

Count your calories,  200lbs is about 1,500 calories for weight loss, or 2,500 for weight gain. 

Sups: 

Fishoil, creatine, 200mg Caffeine tablet for preworkout w/Vitamin C. 

Effective programs - Lifting:

Reg Park 5x5 

Starting strength 

* Change programs after you stop seeing month over month gains, for a two month period. First month, eat more and lift more, second month consider program change if you still see no change. 

Effective Programs - Cardio: 

Couch to 5k
Cardio circuit training 

Marathon Training  

I drink a lot of watah & only do calisthenic training! Healthier in my opinion. (and I eat way more)

Okay okay, I also take some steroids on the side...

Okay okay I also take some mama coca to complete it...

Do you really take steroids?

I don't go to the gym, I'm going hiking and saving up for a bicycle so I can bike to work. 

Much cheaper than a gym and helps save on the cost of gas.

Vitamins - Multivitamin for women as well as glucosamine and chondroitin with calcium for my joints.

Edited by Noamuth

I don't work out, but my job is mostly physical labor. 

I take B complex for energy production, Magnesium Citrate for muscle relaxation to relieve soreness, and Glucosomine and Chondroitin sulfate for cartilage repair.  

Make sure the Magnesium is chelated, that kind is more easily absorbed by the body. Otherwise it will all be filtered out by your liver and escape the next time you urinate. You can easily tell when this happens because your urine will look either extremely bright or slightly green. 

Take all 3 supplements at once in the morning, with food and at least 8 ounces of water. 

Edited by Plasmaface

I don't work out, but my job is mostly physical labor. 

I take B complex for energy production, Magnesium Citrate for muscle relaxation to relieve soreness, and Glucosomine and Chondroitin sulfate for cartilage repair.  

Make sure the Magnesium is chelated, that kind is more easily absorbed by the body. Otherwise it will all be filtered out by your liver and escape the next time you urinate. You can easily tell when this happens because your urine will look either extremely bright or slightly green. 

Thats alot of stuff plas.

I really like JYM for preworkout and post. (i dont get any crashes and i really like the creator of the product :P)

For protein...there are many choices, but i really like PhD Diet Whey(vanilla or white choc, i love the taste and i actually see results with it).

As for during....i just have water with a little beta-alanine mixed in.(if i use the weights and then go for a proper swim session). Otherwise just, drink lots and lots of water :P

Edited by kiteohatto