Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am Joining The "mastery Rank Elite".........

Loki does the most work in the raid and most of the time is the leader, you have to type a bit more to show why you can take the important role. In fact, just show you have a nightmare raid emblem and you're good to go most of the time.

Seems to me you don't understand why you're rejected from a raid, it's not just MR related. It's because of your frame choice. If you have a max range mirage, it doesn't matter what MR you are because all you do is mash 4. Loki does all the hacking, disarming, bomb carrying and most people want a max primed flow Loki.

Your other Loki builds don't matter, there's a specific Loki build in mind.

Oh yeah, your weapon choices don't matter either, you don't want to be killing most things in a normal raid. For nightmare raid, you just kill drones. If you're killing things, then enemies respawn with guns, without slow debuff and can get you and your team into unnecessary problems.

You want to complete the raid, then show the experience. Slap the emblems on your frame and let them see your profile with them on. If nobody wants you, then stop leeching keys and make your own team with your own key. 

well there are to loki builds needed for raids, the first is the perma inviz, and the second is max ranged radiation disarm. Ive run many raids playing with my disarm loki, Hell I actually ran a few raids with my post revamp excal, super fun with him. Its to bad Loki with ID is able to out preform a Chaos nyx though :/

Again? Whoa, buddy. Hold the phone. You havent spoken to me before. I get what you mean. I'm only expressing my rationale. Suck on a chill pill, friend.

my apologies for that.  

and what are chill pills??? seems to be that the only way to communicate to people here is to be passionate.  excuse me...  

I've had way too many conversations on rage threads on these forums..... how do you all stay alive here...

Judging by the way you openly throw your stats and equipment around, even mention Mesa, and list Disarm builds second like invisibility build is more useful in raid, the kicks are justified enough. There are two sides to this story and based on your post, people probably wanted you to play Disarm/max range Loks and you probably argued against it because you're too much into max duration or even had your Mesa on thinking you'll be killing everything, then you got kicked and this probably happens often. I see it all the time in raids and although MR really has nothing to do with it (Last night: MR19 Banshee, all about killing everything in every phase), it could really be just your demeanor.

did you not read my post? I specifically said mastery rank does not guarantee prestige, but guarantees that you have at least tried (and hopefully kept) more equipment to compliment the "team".... or do you need a dictionary?

Well it appears as if though the internet has muffled understanding again. My post was in regards to your statement starting "Most players would want." MR does make players feel more comfortable but the fact that for many players it's the end all be all of skill is unfair to players that don't have all the time to level everything and would rather level and play with their favorite stuff. My post wasn't a direct statement at you.  

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

my apologies for that.  

and what are chill pills??? seems to be that the only way to communicate to people here is to be passionate.  excuse me...  

I've had way too many conversations on rage threads on these forums..... how do you all stay alive here...

Sorry, a part of my 90's kid phrases caught ahold of me. Suck on a Chill Pill means to chill out. Nothing bad. It's cool. I've been bitten into worse on the forums in the last few days.

well if your ego is hurt enough to have to rant about it on the forums, maybe you need to rethink a few things yourself.  Being "elite" in a few things is only good until versatility needs to come into play.  Most players would want a guarantee that what you have will compliment the team, not yourself, and the only way to do that is make sure you've leveled a lot of gear and have kept it all.  Mastery may not guarantee prestige, but it certainly means you've tried more gear and can master more gear.  Get off your high horse and start branching out a little so you can be "elite" in many things, not just a few.  It's more respectable as well imo.

How is that ego? He felt rejected and it seems like its happened a few times so he came to the forums to voice something that many have also had issue with. Being elite in a few things need versatility? Is that a joke? Unless your going a long long endless there is no versatility even needed in this game let along Raid. Also master gear? I'm sorry I didn't know draco runs, void missions or other endless for lvls = skill. Sweet jesuz the only one who sounds like they riding high is you. This was completely stupid~

But to the OP, in your spoiler you said you almost had a max loki? Well loki''s are the bomb carriers or disarmers and when it comes to that you absolutely NEED a good one (bomb carrier) because lord knows a bad one can be like a stick in a bike wheel. Also mesa is kinda moot on a Raid with randoms unless they were going for something different which I doubt. Everything as weapon wise checks out~

Well it appears as if though the internet has muffled understanding again. My post was in regards to your statement starting "Most players would want." MR does make players feel more comfortable but the fact that for many players it's the end all be all of skill is unfair to players that don't have all the time to level everything and would rather level and play with their favorite stuff. My post wasn't a direct statement at you.  

hey man, it had my quote in it.  it is only to be assumed that you're addressing me specifically.  We are on the same page now.

What do you consider yourself as O_O...?

well... this

140ede5c-b979-48aa-a227-d3cc02658d78.jpg

MR really only tells you one thing.. and that's the individuals capacity to suffer.  Seriously... MR19 takes grinding to a new level. The ONLY reason I did it was becuase a friend and I got into a little friendly competition to see who would get there first. Grinding to 19 for me almost killed my love for the game. It doesn't mean squat otherwise, I used to be on the other side of the argument - with the whole 'shows you took the time to experience more weapons etc..." but there are entire groups of weapons that had no interest for me that I just put on my back and never fired or swung - I bought/built them, ground them out w/o using, and sold them and moved on.    I guarantee you a lot of high level MR players did the same.  Being judged on it, past the most basic of levels, is simply pointless IMHO.

Sorry, a part of my 90's kid phrases caught ahold of me. Suck on a Chill Pill means to chill out. Nothing bad. It's cool. I've been bitten into worse on the forums in the last few days.

haha sarcasm :) 

How is that ego? He felt rejected and it seems like its happened a few times so he came to the forums to voice something that many have also had issue with. Being elite in a few things need versatility? Is that a joke? Unless your going a long long endless there is no versatility even needed in this game let along Raid. Also master gear? I'm sorry I didn't know draco runs, void missions or other endless for lvls = skill. Sweet jesuz the only one who sounds like they riding high is you. This was completely stupid~

erm, are you a solo player, good sir?  we all know that the most effective "squads" revolve around teams that compliment each other, not individuals who think they're badass.  Being able to fully utilize all your equipment for the good of the "team" means needing to know a little more about more than just one thing... does it take leveling to max out and make effective new gear?  sure, and that's where sechura and draco come in... I mean, jeez, if you're against farming and leveling, go to a different game, but if you're going to get something new, the best way to find your play style with it is to max it out first and see what it's capable of.  Think through your posts before you blurt words out please.

Players go to Draco, the weapon is never used, they spam 4 or afk.

WHILE NEVER ONCE USING THE WEAPON.

0-30.

No, they haven't 'tried more gear'.

You can't say that anymore.

We need some new way of designating experience.

Edited by Evanescent

0-30.

do you know if they were using the weapon after the fact or not?  highly doubt it.  don't be so narrow minded... I like mods.  Others like mods.  Mods are fun to have when you're actually using the weapon.  Ranking up means mods... blah blah blah

0-30.

Still shows dedication. IMO, if a person only goes and does something as boring as that up to MR 19, they are still dedicated. I'll still reconsider a MR19, if they show lack of skill.

People also lie on their resume. At least you cant lie and say you MR 19. You may be MR 19 and suck, in which case you will be ignored, but it's still something.

Edited by (PS4)Fenrushak

0-30.

Yea, a lot of players do that, but not everybody...You do have actual players that actually use the weapon, and if it "sucks" then they result to spamming 4 and such..

In all honesty I still believe they "tried more gear" ....

But to the OP, in your spoiler you said you almost had a max loki? Well loki''s are the bomb carriers or disarmers and when it comes to that you absolutely NEED a good one (bomb carrier) because lord knows a bad one can be like a stick in a bike wheel. Also mesa is kinda moot on a Raid with randoms unless they were going for something different which I doubt. Everything as weapon wise checks out~

I should clarify what I meant by near max Loki. I have a rank 9 Primed Flow, rank 8 Primed Continuity, and a rank 8 Narrow Minded. So I'm just a total of 5 mod upgrades away from being 100% maxed on all 3 of my different Loki builds.

As for Mesa - I would never bring Mesa into the raid. I just figured I would get crap on the forums if people only thought I focused on my Loki. The Mesa was to try showing some versatility :p.

Raids don't require you to be elite and in fact it is complete bullS#&$ when people recruit by mastery rank, they should always check your loadout first and if it suits the needs of the squad then they should invite you. Raids do not require mr10+ or mr14+ Hell I at mr11 was able to survive much higher levels than the raid past the hour mark of a T3 survival.

erm, are you a solo player, good sir?  we all know that the most effective "squads" revolve around teams that compliment each other, not individuals who think they're badass.  Being able to fully utilize all your equipment for the good of the "team" means needing to know a little more about more than just one thing... does it take leveling to max out and make effective new gear?  sure, and that's where sechura and draco come in... I mean, jeez, if you're against farming and leveling, go to a different game, but if you're going to get something new, the best way to find your play style with it is to max it out first and see what it's capable of.  Think through your posts before you blurt words out please.

We are talking about a bloody raid? Not a hr long t4. Also he listed 3 of the best weapons in game with a few formas. I could go in a raid without the forma'd weapons and still spank. If what he brought was a loki then what they needed to know was that he knew how to carry a bomb. Everything you just listed in your original post which I am replying to was MOOT. Trying a bunch of weapons is moot as well. I have a bunch of lv30 weapons that I just carried with me so they could gain affinity. Do I know how to properly use them all? Not a chance but it's never been that hard, but do I still handle my own? You bet my sweet hams I do. Also I never said I was against anything...if anything you need to follow that last bit yourself to heart. 

What I would like to know if it's his first time doing raid or not, and if the squad he's trying to join in already have the 2(at most)loki needed for the raid.

I have completed the raid on normal difficulty once. It went without a hitch. I studied the raid thoroughly before attempting it. Might also help to add that I used to play Destiny. Had 500+ hours on it and I lost track of my Vault of Glass completions after I hit the 50 raids achievement.

Let me clarify what I mean by being rejected by raid parties:

So if I am advertising on recruit, I will say something like "LOKI LF RAID GROUP" and I usually get a PM saying "MR?". When I say 7, they pretty much always go "No" or "bye".

Then if I'm replying to an advertisement. It's usually along the lines of someone saying "RAID - NEED RADIAL LOKI". Then I'll reply with "I'm a radial Loki", and then they will drop the "Mastery Rank?" Question on me.

I have completed the raid on normal difficulty once. It went without a hitch. I studied the raid thoroughly before attempting it. Might also help to add that I used to play Destiny. Had 500+ hours on it and I lost track of my Vault of Glass completions after I hit the 50 raids achievement.

Let me clarify what I mean by being rejected by raid parties:

So if I am advertising on recruit, I will say something like "LOKI LF RAID GROUP" and I usually get a PM saying "MR?". When I say 7, they pretty much always go "No" or "bye".

Then if I'm replying to an advertisement. It's usually along the lines of someone saying "RAID - NEED RADIAL LOKI". Then I'll reply with "I'm a radial Loki", and then they will drop the "Mastery Rank?" Question on me.

Destiny means nothing to a lot of Tenno. Different style of Gameplay, hugely different leveling.

I'd say host yourself, if this is such a big deal. Still, I'd say a good clan would be the best option.