Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Time To Recommend Warframe To A Friend

Donnell

Have you thought that this incoming update would be the perfect time to introduce warframe to others?

With the removal of "coptering" and a game-flow which makes it stand out from other 3rd person shooters (Parkour), this could be a great chance to hook others in. Everyone from newbies to old n' grumpy Tenno will be experimenting and playing around with the new movement system.

For this brief moment, people will forget the rush for prime parts and actually "play"; not over powering new players with super strength or rushing to the end. First impressions are so important, this hype and excitement is perfect for leaving a lasting impression.

Sure there is grinding but this is what is to be expected from "free to play" these days, however having fond memories of gliding and pulling off sweet shots or bouncing off groups of enemies and getting out of a dangerous situation, just might keep them playing.

How about it Tenno? Is this the game-changer that will draw the crowd? :-)

Freedom of movement redefined! What I saw on last devstream and what we will receive in U17 is astonishing. 

Moreover, it'll be something new for everyone, bot new and veteran players. Then yeah, it's the best time to recommend Warframe to friends. 

I'm will hold it, Archwing is still bad, and I have no idea what they are gonna change.

I honestly think that there should be some archwing missions which are close to ground and not in open space. 

And yeah Archwing is a bit dull right now.

I'd probably wait until they scale the droptables to the upcoming speed nerf.

...That's gonna happen, right?

While you whine about a supposed 'speed nerf', I'll be having fun with the new movement mechanics. I think I win.

I honestly think that there should be some archwing missions which are close to ground and not in open space. 

And yeah Archwing is a bit dull right now.

I know right.

Nuking Grineer Tanks, fighting against massive Corpus Mechs.

Being able to toggle Archwing on and off during that battle. Something like the transformation from Gun Metal (if anyone remembers that gem from the past)

since when speed have anything in common with drop tables ?!

What he meant is that since we won't be able to speedrun missions the same, it'll take us way longer to complete the same amount of missions, aka, getting the same amount of rewards.

Meaning that instead of taking 2 days to run through all the Capture/Exterminate keys, it's gonna take him 4-5 because of how the new system will cripple speedruns.

Hence why he's hoping for drop tables to be scaled adjustingly to the pace at which we'll be able to run missions.

since when speed have anything in common with drop tables ?!

He's just saying that he usually rushes missions via coptering, and wants the drop tables to be changed up so as to reflect the fact that we'll now supposedly be slower.

Just so you know, we won't be. It'll just look nicer and be smoother, that's all.

What he meant is that since we won't be able to speedrun missions the same, it'll take us way longer to complete the same amount of missions, aka, getting the same amount of rewards.

Meaning that instead of taking 2 days to run through all the Capture/Exterminate keys, it's gonna take him 4-5 because of how the new system will cripple speedruns.

Hence why he's hoping for drop tables to be scaled adjustingly to the pace at which we'll be able to run missions.

He's just saying that he usually rushes missions via coptering, and wants the drop tables to be changed up so as to reflect the fact that we'll now supposedly be slower.

thats a rusher mindset >_< sad ...

Edited by Cracken

If you want to introduce your friend to Warframe right now, maybe do it 1-2 weeks after U17's release.

That way, any new bugs that will spring up is mostly fixed and will not hamper his gameplay to some extent. I'm saying this since i introduced a dude to Warframe during the release of U14 and boy he gave up immediately due to bad timing.

Hype aside, parkour 2.0 has a high probability of being a failure (just like anything else that messes with the game's foundation).

And what horrifies me the most, is that if it does suck, then we will be stuck with it for an undetermined amount of time.

Yes yes parkour 2.0 looks cool, but that's what we thought about star chart 2.0 and melee 2.0, they too looked "cool" but turned out to be less practical; which is what makes our lives easier, practicality, not eye-candy, so I would wait and test the update for myself before concluding that this is going to be the best update ever.

Edited by Hakitojin

I'd say it'll certainly change things up a lot.

The better the core gameplay is, the more people will stick with it. That's how Destiny is still so popular.

Yeah. I hear the game mechanics are solid. And considering the fact that every single person I've talked to that plays it says Bungie did NOT deliver the game they promised with all the hype and the story is incoherent and weak as hell when you can understand it, people continue playing it because the mechanics are solid.

With the brutal and long overdue murder of coptering and the addition of a movement system that isn't buggy and unreliable, definitely say we're headed into the solid mechanics area in this game. Once they add Archwing to space missions like they are with underwater ones and redo the Star Chart and loot distribution, things are really going to start changing I think.

Edited by Ceryk

Hype aside, parkour 2.0 has a high probability of being a failure

No it doesn't.

We've seen how it works. We know how it can and will work. This isn't replacing something basic with something flashy but not functionally amazing, like the star chart, which is also getting changed. This is a complete rework of a clunky and inherently bad system.

There is no genuine reason to say it'll turn out bad aside from "other things didn't work out".

Edited by AdunSaveMe

oh you think you'll have fun

...just wait and see

I'm sorry, what? I'm sure I'll have fun because I dread the current movement mechanics and coptering. I also like learning new things and running around so that it looks cool. That IS how I have fun.

Edited by Gale47

thats a rusher mindset >_< sad ...

I ran 179 nightmare missions over 2 days and had Armored Agility drop 0 times.

Excuse me for not liking being told that my runs are going to take 2-3 times as long and have the same chance to yield the thing I'm farming for.

Just so you know, we won't be. It'll just look nicer and be smoother, that's all.

lol

Edited by MeetTheJoves