The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Natah Quest. Seriously.... A Quest We May Never Get To Complete.

Stormandreas

I have been scanned five seperate times, so a combination of RNGesus loving me and a glitch.

The quest is pretty awesome though.

Edit: I know this means nothing coming from the guy who had RNG glitch in my favor, but you have to look at the big picture here. This quest is part of a long term game, you ae not supposed to be able to "finish" the story in hours. If you step back, this quest is something that comes to you out of the blue, not as soon as you start playing. While yes, DE has made some mistakes with their RNG, the quest is not one of them.

Edited by DrBorris

I farmed equinox with two of my other friends... a few runs in, both of them got scanned while I was ignored... WHY U NO NOTICE ME?! D: Haven't seen another one since... 50+ runs after said encounter TAT ah well.... back to hunting...

UPDATE : It noticed meh <3 Apparently it spawns mostly in Uranus missions..idk so far everyone I've encountered has said that... and I'm gonna stick to it for now

Edited by TheArchAngel

Am I the only one who don't think the drone is hard to find ? 

I got it when farming Tyl Regor :l

I've been at it for more than 4 hours. Lights have flashed twice. Once there was no drone anywhere no matter how far I searched the tileset, the second time it appeared and then instantly vanished.

Just did some undergrad math here, so for everyone's information:

The odds of someone getting all 8 parts after 100 runs = 99.99759674072265625%

Which means the odds of someone NOT getting all 8 parts after 100 runs = 0.00240325927734375%

If we factor in that Warframe has 10 million players (just for easy math) we get = 24032.5927734375 or roughly 24 thousand.

That's a statistical probability that 24 THOUSAND PEOPLE WILL NOT GET THIS SET AFTER 100 RUNS! If this doesn't sound insane to you please don't bother telling me because it just means those people and their situation doesn't matter to you.

RNG 2.0, or RNG x8 should not exist when it requires one of every part to drop when you can't trade them, you can only pay the plat for it if you get bad luck. Luck shouldn't be a factor that determines who gets to pay for content, and who doesn't.

They know it already, and they did it on purpose because they make money off impossible RNG.

I'm never buying plat again to fuel this monstrous greed binge DE is on.

I recommend others do the same.

Yeah, buying plat for me is a no go since they changed daopay to something that doesn't work yet.. Been on 30+ runs, have all equinox parts but i have not seen the drone yet.. RNG = is a *@##&#036;

Has anyone managed to figure out how to get this drone thing to find you yet (i know it's not been long but still)

A quest, that just randomly appears for players over mastery 3, just isn't right. Hell, some people might NEVER get the chance to complete it then if they are unlucky.

DE, Change it so we can initiate the quest ourselves. I want to complete it but am completely unable to because there's no way to even start it.

At least for Kubrows we had a market option, it was not 100% RNG.

its in the market for 20p....

It showed up three times for me. Twice in other people's missions. Once in an alert I did solo. Got my scan the 3rd time. Not an insurmountable problem.

Not for you. Imagine the people on the other end of that RNG, if you will.

Some people have done 60+ runs with nothing. It's pretty insurmountable to them. RNG should NEVER be a method to distribute new content. Void and Primes included. All players should be treated equally, not randomly.

Has anyone managed to figure out how to get this drone thing to find you yet (i know it's not been long but still)

A quest, that just randomly appears for players over mastery 3, just isn't right. Hell, some people might NEVER get the chance to complete it then if they are unlucky.

DE, Change it so we can initiate the quest ourselves. I want to complete it but am completely unable to because there's no way to even start it.

Because they totally designed the quest for the veterans who have absolutely nothing else to do and MUST start the new quest right away /sarcasm

No really, there's nothing wrong with having a randomly activated quest. It allows them to tell the story in a slightly different and I feel better way. Having the initiator be out of your control makes absolutely perfect sense in the context of the quest itself and I think it would detract from the story telling if you could manually start it.

That being said, think about how many missions you've done in the past since you were MR3. Could be hundreds and hundreds of missions if you're a veteran right? For anyone who isn't completely maxed out, this random enemy will appear as they play the game naturally while pursuing other goals, which is great as it adds a little variety to the standard missions. I highly doubt the spawn rate is so low that one could make it from MR3 to MR19 without ever seeing it, I bet that is almost impossible.

If it hasn;t appeared for you yet I'll advise just finding another goal to pursue, and soon enough the quest will find you.

I watched someone stream this quest first they sucked and had no idea what defend the pod means.....Anyways it was boring and predictable. I'll probably just skip it unless I need to do it to get the new warframe? If that's the case great not looking forward to it.

Man that particular defense tile is now my favorite defense tile. It was a lot of fun jumping from zipline to zipline, dropping Tonkor grenades on the grineer fanning out from the tunnels below. Then it was fun trying not to touch the ground when moving from one of the defense objectives to another.

The quest i completed(Solo) but its hard to get it when rng is not with you i got it at my second run Tyl Regor assasination
the last mission is the worst mission you have to run around to 4 different pods at ever waves if you soloing you don't the duration of the count down is a bit to short but you still can make it cause the spawn it little at start but the spawn slowed at some point have to wait for 15sec or more but still the quest still can be done

Well played 5h yesterday, 5h today, and didn't see the drone even once. 

Just how rare is that fricking thing ?

I don't like RNG based quest starting ...

Not rare at all.

Just remember to bring animal instinct and enemy radar along.

I personally think this quest initiation is brilliant. Y'all are gonna go farm for Equinox and run Uranus missions like mad anyway, so there's an extremely high chance that you'll find the drone while doing so.

PLUS, and this is the most important part of it, how cool is it to suddenly find a quest when you're not expecting it? I found the drone without even knowing about the Natah quest, and seeing a creepy floating Sentient and then suddenly thrown into a new quest was an amazing feeling. That just added to the story all the more.