Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Gender Is Equinox

Cy_Hystrix

Equinox is THEM. That's all u need to know.

It doesn't matter if Female/Male, Male/Male, Female/Female. But if you insist, I say it's all Female, just because you can't see breasts and girly features in the day form doesn't mean it isn't female. Both look pretty much alike in body shape to me.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter at all.

Edit: OR you can just roleplay them however u'd like.

Edited by (PS4)Dan_Aria

The devs said it's female.

The DC says it's female.

The order says it's female.

All evidence we have so far points to it being female.

It must be a helicopter.

Does Equinox sexually identify as an Apache attack helicpoter?

It doesn't matter if Female/Male, Male/Male, Female/Female. 

Why do we need to shoehorn Equinox into any one thing? Sometimes equinox identifies as female, sometimes equinox identifies as male, we as a community need to be more open minded.

For goodness sake people...it's a simple question to ask. It's ok if someone wants to know.

Wanting to know doesn't showcase a lack of open-mindedness. 

If the answer is both, neither, is it a matter of identification, is it more than one person or something else that is entirely fine. I'd still like to know.

I just want to know because I'm interested to see if Equinox dual nature related to lore  in some way that might reveal what tenno actually are. It might actually "matter" in the context of warframe. But we don't know either way cause so little is told to us.

Edited by Ronyn

For goodness sake people...it's a simple question to ask. It's ok if someone wants to know.

Wanting to know doesn't showcase a lack of open-mindedness. 

If the answer is both, neither, is it a matter of identification, is it more than one person or something else that is entirely fine. I'd still like to know.

I just want to know because I'm interested to see if Equinox dual nature related to lore  in some way that might reveal what tenno actually are. It might actually "matter" in the context of warframe. But we don't know either way cause so little is told to us.

You should really read the entirety of what people post before condemning them, I did not in any way, shape or form accuse OP of not being "Open minded" and right after that line you quoted of mine I left my input of what I /THINK/ is the "gender" of Equinox and my reasoning behind why I think the Daynox is also a female.

The very end of what I posted says that people can just be free with their creativity and roleplay whatever they feel to be true since there is no official confirmation on the subject.

And if the "open minded" part in what you say isn't directed at me, why am I being quoted at all? There's nothing demeaning toward OP in what I said.

To me, it really does not matter, doesn't mean that I'm forcing OP to agree, hence why I gave my input to the question anyway

Edited by (PS4)Dan_Aria

You should really read the entirety of what people post before condemning them, 

1: I did not condemn you.

2: My post was a response to two different posts.

3: Not everything I said applied to your post nor was it meant to, but what you said was covered in my post.

1: I did not condemn you.

2: My post was a response to two different posts.

3: Not everything I said applied to your post nor was it meant to, but what you said was covered in my post.

My guesses are still as good as everybody else's, doesn't change that I still left my input to OP's question. As it stands, it's a personal thing, nothing was confirmed officially so right NOW all we can do is await for confirmation, therefore it doesn't matter if people wish to assume whatever gender mix they'd like.

It's not like any of us in the forums will be able to answer this question so OP is basically asking for opinions, I gave mine.

Believe me- I truly wish we had gotten an official stance on the matter, the ammount of people questioning the gender in the forums is just too high an answer would be appreciated before those who make judgemental jokes about the frame's gender arrive

My guesses are still as good as everybody else's, doesn't change that I still left my input to OP's question. As it stands, it's a personal thing, nothing was confirmed officially so right NOW all we can do is await for confirmation, therefore it doesn't matter if people wish to assume whatever gender mix they'd like.

It's not like any of us in the forums will be able to answer this question so OP is basically asking for opinions, I gave mine.

Believe me- I truly wish we had gotten an official stance on the matter, the ammount of people questioning the gender in the forums is just too high an answer would be appreciated before those who make judgemental jokes about the frame's gender arrive

I am not denying you gave the OP your guesses. I'm not questioning your guesses. As it stands it is an unknown.

Look, the way your initial post was written, the only part where you put a "to me" on it were your guesses.

The "all U need to know" and "it doesn't matter" parts came across as telling the OP how he should view it/

That is why you were included in my post.

If that wasn't your intention then I have no issue. All is good.

Edited by Ronyn

I am not denying you gave the OP your guesses. I'm not questioning your guesses. As it stands it is an unknown.

Look, the way your initial post was written, the only part where you put a "to me" on it were your guesses.

The "all U need to know" and "it doesn't matter" parts came across as telling the OP how he should view it/

That is why you were included in my post.

If that wasn't your intention then I have no issue. All is good.

I may have worded it poorly at the beginning, that was supposed to refer to how the Warframe was presented to us, there isn't a clear identification to what Equinox is, it was released like: "it's them, that's it".

>:O ofc all is good it's not like things weren't good in the first place, I just don't really think that we players may have a proper answer for that given how little we know.

We know that the word was that it was Male X Female.. then we heard that it's supposed to be female... then we get DE being neutral about it. Even if I usually dont care much about the gender of each frame I still wish we'd have more info as far as lore goes + stopping people from saying crap like "hurr hurr Transgender frame huehuehue".

I just don't really think that we players may have a proper answer for that given how little we know.

We certainly don't. I see why the Op asked though. Someone may have been able to point Op towards an official statement by the dev's somewhere.

Even if I usually dont care much about the gender of each frame I still wish we'd have more info as far as lore goes + stopping people from saying crap like "hurr hurr Transgender frame huehuehue".

Agreed.

Just as a view on the frame as a whole. Equinox is built on a system of duality. As such, it has led me to believe that the frame is both male (day) and female (night) as it fits with the dualistic theme. Also, historically speaking, looking at different pantheons in most polytheistic religions day has been associated with male and night has been associated with female; that was something I also considered when looking at Equinox. These are just ideas but I hope it helps.

Edit: Forgot to add that in the devstream they presented an image that had the words "Animus" referring to the day side, and "Anima" referring to the night side. In Carl Jung's school of analytical psychology "Animus" is refers to the masculine inner personality while "Anima" refers to the feminine inner personality. The image I am refrencing can be found in the Devstream 54 Overview.

Edited by Jhura