Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 - Weapons' Weights

Demdemeh

Demdemeh, on 01 Aug 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

I was playing Warframe thinking it was a War game, I was probably wrong.

Strategies, technique, builds, advantages traded in change of disadvantages. Also style, ofcourse, but secondarily.

If things are going in that direction I will probably stop playing. 

Nobody will care about that anyway, just a player less that nobody will ever listen or remember while the crowd keeps running after the carrot.

The only thing I regret is that I gave some money to the game cause I actually liked it.

You were looking at things the wrong way. Warframe is style first, strategy second.

Can you explain how Parkour 2.0 makes the entire melee weapons selection useless? Because as I see it, Parkour 1.0 had only two options: Take a good copter weapon and go fast or take something you actually like and be nowhere near as fast with pretty meh movement. Also, stamina. You could only sprint for so long before Parkour 2.0

RIP FOREVER, STAMINA. YOU WILL NEVER BE MISSED

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

Can you explain how Parkour 2.0 makes the entire melee weapons selection useless? Because as I see it, Parkour 1.0 had only two options: Take a good copter weapon and go fast or take something you actually like and be nowhere near as fast with pretty meh movement. Also, stamina. You could only sprint for so long before Parkour 2.0

RIP FOREVER, STAMINA. YOU WILL NEVER BE MISSED

Which is actually things work...when you run out of stamina you have to stop and rest...

I also listed why I would have chosen a weapon instead of another while now doesn't make sense anymore.

I think this topic doesn't make sense anymore, honestly...

I was wrong. I really thought Warframe was different and played with a different mentality.

Which is actually things work...when you run out of stamina you have to stop and rest...

I also listed why I would have chosen a weapon instead of another while now doesn't make sense anymore.

I think this topic doesn't make sense anymore, honestly...

I was wrong. I really thought Warframe was different and played with a different mentality.

You haven't explained how parkour 2.0 made the entire melee weapon selection useless, as you said.

Because it may suit that mission better than other weapons. 

That's why I called out Barbie. 

The mechanism "I will only use the weapons I like most" is, from my point of view, clueless.

In ANY shooting game you are often forced to chose wisely which weapon to use in order to achieve specific targets.

Is isn't my personal problem, it's a huge game issue and I'm just astonished that nobody sees it.

In most shooters player can use "Generic Assault Rifle on 3" and beat entire game with it. Actually, most of shooters with few weapon slots promote this kind of behaviour, bcs "GAR" is versalite and reliable against any enemy.

You wanna talk logic OP? Common sense? Alright, let's have it out then.

Warframe doesn't make sense, it has ZERO sense of logic, common sense or anything like that. Let's make it into CODS OF WARFRAME then:

* Forget your Tenno powers, none of them make sense. Name one power that works and I'll debunk it for you. NONE of them make sense. So let's forget them.

* Four revives per day? Forget that. You die, you lose your Warframe. Mission failed.

* Trying to fight the same mission twice in a row? Ahahah, nope, not gonna happen. Because enemies react to your prescence now. Good luck farming that T4 thing you wanted, next time you go in, MORE troops will be there and they'll be ready for you.

* Shields? Nope, can't have those, they defy the laws of physics as we know them. And no, I will not take Tenno space magic as an explanation. They aren't logical, thus they're gone.

* Health? Nope, you get 1hp and that's it. Alright, alright, I'll be nice.. I'll give you... 50 HP. Headshot means instadeath, leg shot means you won't be moving anywhere in this mission, center mass means you're dead, it just takes a while for you to bleed out. Oh and yeah, the second you get hit, your screen starts to fog up, that's simulated shock for you. If you have another Tenno by your side, they can fix you up. Provided they don't get shot or worse during the rest of the mission, where they'll solely work to stabilize your wound(s).

* Forget most of the weapon mods. You can't shoot elemental damage, that's not how reality works. Forget about bigger clips too, unless you want a seriously bulky weapon. Oh, BTW, you only carry 90-120 ammo total now. That's including your sidearm.

* While we're at it, forget your melee weapons too, you can carry a knife, that's it. Forget the heavy weapons, they're useless to lug around, plus they do no damage. In fact, most melee weapons do no damage at all if your opponent is wearing decent protection. Oh and good luck stabbing someone while you're under fire. One HP remember?

* Also, did you want blocking? Errr.. nope, you don't have the reaction time. No animation is fast enough to react to a speeding bullet. Mongooses are fast, but those are no match for a gun. Think you're any different?

I could go on all night with this pointless tiriade. My point is: You don't want logic, you don't want order, you don't want common sense. You want fake COD "logic", you want artificial soldier constraints that make no sense at all in the real world. I say no thank you, I want fun. Not COD.

In this topic I said that you can actually use Scindo Prime 24/7 cause all the other weapons suddenly have become useless. 

But then I played a bit and...

I WAS WRONG!

You can actually sell Scindo Prime too! Let's just rifle/pistol 24/7, it's easier.

So, I want to let you guys flame me a bit more.

I got my ideas clear, that's what happened:

Introduced a new Parkour System which basically sucks. You will defend it as good apple-fans do defend their mega-expensive useless devices. Whatever

1 - The parkour system sucks, bunny hops instead of wallrun and bulletjump which is slow as hell if compared to old copter (once again, I wanted the copter to be removed too, I just don't like the way they did).

2 - Want to jump farther? Use "Mobilize", a new utility mod! Which is actually very common!

3 - Want to use that mod without sacrifice one useful slot? Ok! You got a new mod slot but...

4 - It costs 2 forma + argon to activate it, then 1 forma for the mod itself + probably another forma to make it fit in your frame. MOAR forma.

5 - Forma takes 24 hours to craft, unless...

6 - Blingbling - MAGIC - Blingbling

7 - Your warframe moves faster than other people ones!

Alright, I still believe that a bonus/malus system related to movements speeds is needed.

YES.

I can finally use my anku/orthos prime/serro/etc. without worrying about my speed sucking. I thought I was ok with coptering but now that it's no longer a thing I feel like a sword  has been pulled from my chest, and I can say without a doubt that I absolutly HATED that melee = speed requirement.

Also, people have already said that you shouldn't try to make this about realism, but I have something to add to that: with the new "hide weapon" feature, I'm technically not even carrying a jat kittag in the first place, so I definitly should not go slower when I have one equipped.

YES.

I can finally use my anku/orthos prime/serro/etc. without worrying about my speed sucking. I thought I was ok with coptering but now that it's no longer a thing I feel like a sword  has been pulled from my chest, and I can say without a doubt that I absolutly HATED that melee = speed requirement.

Also, people have already said that you shouldn't try to make this about realism, but I have something to add to that: with the new "hide weapon" feature, I'm technically not even carrying a jat kittag in the first place, so I definitly should not go slower when I have one equipped.

What you are talking about, orthos prime actually got NERFED with parkour 2.0, I was using it all the time before update since it had pretty good sliding range(better and faster the bullet jump) that let me cut through large groups of enemies when paired with primed reach, now slide distance is so short that most of the time I end up in the middle of enemies instead of cutting through them, now only way to cut through large groups of enemies is to get very close to them and then slide attack which is suicide at high levels of endless missions.

What you are talking about, orthos prime actually got NERFED with parkour 2.0, I was using it all the time before update since it had pretty good sliding range(better and faster the bullet jump) that let me cut through large groups of enemies when paired with primed reach, now slide distance is so short that most of the time I end up in the middle of enemies instead of cutting through them, now only way to cut through large groups of enemies is to get very close to them and then slide attack which is suicide at high levels of endless missions.

All melee coptering got nerfed with parkour 2.0.

To your question of what I was talking about, though, before parkour 2.0, I could fly across the map in 2 seconds flat with my Tipedo. Orthos Prime's coptering was nothing in comparison. :/

Now I don't have to worry about that; melee no longer equals speed, and finally I can pick those weapons without being slower than normal. :)

I must agree partially with OP, new parkour made many of lighter/smaller weapons useless, since heavy weapon have MUCH more dps and distance at which they can kill enemies, there is simply no reason to use lighter/smaller weapons

covert lethality... plus heavy weapons are usually slower--thats the balance. scindo with berserker stacked is barely faster than dakra regardless of stance.