Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Save Our Fingers: Remove Sprint Key

00zau

Basically, with the removal of stamina, there's basically no reason not to sprint when you can. Thus, holding shift to sprint is pretty pointless, and there's apparently a couple of issues with having to release and re-press the button. I propose we remove the sprint button; when you're moving and not firing or taking another action which prevents sprinting, you will automatically sprint, but taking any action that prevents sprinting will override automatically. Replace the keybind for sprint with a keybind to walk, in case you feel the need to slow down for something. However, that key will be little used, and we can bind it somewhere out of the way, or not at all. With our pinky freed up, we can more easily execute the new manuevers by binding crouch to shift, and potentially something else to L+Ctrl.

Especially useful for laptop users: I've long had crouch bound to L-Alt because L-Ctrl was not in the right place, and trying to do parkour with one finger for both crouch and jump is difficult at best.

Edit: Keep an option to retain the current setup. Hell, make it the default. I just don't want to have to hold sprint key ever again.

Edited by 00zau

Sprinting is still pretty slow so there is no reason to sprint unless you don't know how to use the new movement I prefer walking to sprinting as it gives me more controll over what I'm doing while I can still use sprint if I need a  faster start while jumping

Edited by -Amaterasu-

THIS RIGHT HERE

REMOVE it DE

The toggle doesnt work liek it should, very confusing when u fire and the press shift again to run and stuff

Make tennos run as default or have option to change the setting from run to walk or walk to run as default

with new parkour we need THIS as a priority.

I don't want to running like madman in the middle of firefight, thanks. There is a toggle option and sprint button.

Toggle doesnt work like it is supposed to, you might not know this as we LAPTOP gammers have huge problem 

Edited by saintsspider

with sprint being default i dont need to press a key at all, warframe u are always running , but when there is no stamina requirements y to bother walking???

Better control over movement. I don't always want to run full sprint; see every Sonic game ever. 

Better control over movement. I don't always want to run full sprint; see every Sonic game ever. 

Which is why there'd be a "walk" button. And yeah, even though I'll use the new option, there should always be a "keep doing it the old way" setting. For those who wouldn't use it, can you at least see how it is potentially useful for many players?

I wouldn't mind this myself, although they could also just change sprint toggling so that it stays on after performing parkour maneuvers. having to activate again after every bullet jump sorta defeats the purpose.

From what I have seen (haven't tried it myself obviously), high speed frames, especially with rush equipped, will out pace parkour easily just by sprinting, with the exception of vertical movement of course.

Which is why there'd be a "walk" button. And yeah, even though I'll use the new option, there should always be a "keep doing it the old way" setting. For those who wouldn't use it, can you at least see how it is potentially useful for many players?

I can't.

I need to control my movements in fight, most of time. So, i should press "walk" button entire fight, when i need to use abilities, drop restores, aim and use air movements?

No, thanks.

I can't.

I need to control my movements in fight, most of time. So, i should press "walk" button entire fight, when i need to use abilities, drop restores, aim and use air movements?

No, thanks.

See bold'd bit.

Also, if you're using abilites, dropping restores, aiming and using air movements... you won't sprint. Because those override sprinting.