The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Space Mom Was A Lie ;~; (Spoiler*)

Senpai-Valkyr

It was exciting to discover that she was created to destroy us (That's why I think she is not a sentient... our mission was to destroy them .-. she's something else, something created after de old war to control the Tenno... I guess) but...became our space mother :D 

PS: If I made a grammar mistake... sorry for my English :P

It was exciting to discover that she was created to destroy us (That's why I think she is not a sentient... our mission was to destroy them .-. she's something else, something created after de old war to control the Tenno... I guess) but...became our space mother :D 

But she is a Sentient

Yeap. Still pissed off about it being a sentient/A.I./alien and not telling us though. Even if it did it do it in good faith.

First off, there's no reason to believe she's not still some kind of human. We know she's biological, as she refers to her loss of ability to give birth. She might be an artificial human (she was created), but then so are the Grineer. All that we can really say is that she was some kind of biological life (whether she was originally created, or heavily modified later) that was designed to control the Tenno, and then dispose of them when they were no longer useful.

She went renegade against her mission, and judging by the way she talked about it, it probably wasn't a matter of having to cheat programming or something, it sounds like she just did so of her own free will without restrictions. So I'd be she was a human (or something close to it) that was modified by the Orokin (perhaps that modification made her Orokin?). If she was made from scratch as a fully artificial person, that wouldn't explain why she lost her reproductive capability as a side effect, rather than just never being given it, or why she was able to betray her masters for something as simple as the desire for a family.

i was actually really impressed with the story arch. the question is though.. how will this tie in with when the sentients come back? trial to protect the lotus in her throne room anyone?

Her father said something around the lines of them seeing her as a betrayer and coming after her and tenno and that her father would not be able to control them at that point.

i was actually really impressed with the story arch. the question is though.. how will this tie in with when the sentients come back? trial to protect the lotus in her throne room anyone?

I assume so because DE did say there would be a quest involving going there.

We need more love stories!

If you actually studied about this quest you would realize how nasty your comment about it is

First off, there's no reason to believe she's not still some kind of human. We know she's biological, as she refers to her loss of ability to give birth. She might be an artificial human (she was created), but then so are the Grineer. All that we can really say is that she was some kind of biological life (whether she was originally created, or heavily modified later) that was designed to control the Tenno, and then dispose of them when they were no longer useful.

She went renegade against her mission, and judging by the way she talked about it, it probably wasn't a matter of having to cheat programming or something, it sounds like she just did so of her own free will without restrictions. So I'd be she was a human (or something close to it) that was modified by the Orokin (perhaps that modification made her Orokin?). If she was made from scratch as a fully artificial person, that wouldn't explain why she lost her reproductive capability as a side effect, rather than just never being given it, or why she was able to betray her masters for something as simple as the desire for a family.

Keep in mind the Crewman Synthesis entry of the First Sentient made. By design, they were given a flaw so that they could not return alive to the Origin System from Tau and rebel, because in order to make the journey they had to use the Solar Rails, and by default, the Void which is poison to them. However they were also capable of adaptation on the fly.

With those 2 things in mind, its heavily speculated that the Sentients adapted to the Void's energy on the journey to the extent that they couldn't be killed by using it to travel. However they still retained a flaw which prevented them from reproducing after using the Solar Rail. They became sterile from it use.

Lotus was a victim of this and after seeing the war was over, she decided to hide the Tenno instead of destroying them in the slumber she put them in. She adopted the Tenno as her children, hence her destroying the daughter and becoming the Mother.

She is a sentient though, of Sentient origin.

But she is a Sentient

She's an Orokin AI, if you remember, the Orokin made the Tenno in order to destroy the Sentients, and after the Great War, the Tenno, in their victory ceremony made for them by the Orokin, killed all of the Orokin...so it's safe to assume the Lotus and her sisters were made after that in order to destroy the Tenno, yet one of them, the Lotus, refused to do so and instead hid us in the cryopods inside the void to keep us safe.

according to the sentient she once was something else...

sauce;"Natah who have you become? Does this form remind you of what you once were? Time has carried my seed so very far from the branch."

from wikia and quest,http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Natah?action=edit&section=5

EDIT: my theory is that the sentient adapted her like other technology (or something like that)

Edited by Nesodos