Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wheres The Content?

Davoodoo

Ah yes, the good old "I'm probably better than you". Way to not make a point.

Random melee removal is a bug, not a feature. Absolutely irrelevant.

For many players coptering was a feature too, a bug existing for years.. and yes before u point on others to not being able to learn a new system learn it urself, as i said im sure im faster

For many players coptering was a feature too, a bug existing for years.. and yes before u point on others to not being able to learn a new system learn it urself, as i said im sure im faster

You have literally nothing to base this "I'm faster" crap of yours on. It's making you look like an idiot.

Have fun with that.

So u17 hit, i played few nodes on uranus with new tileset, beaten tyl regor, checked out new features namely sharkwing and parkour 2.0 and finally finished new quest.

Everything took me below 7 hours.

You can also argue about new guns and frame but then checking them out will add maybe 20 mins each to gameplay time.

Thats the extent of all new content brought by u17, besides that theres only grind.

Also its not only update which got such small amount of content, u7 had probably biggest amount of content, namely 2 new planetoids and 1 new boss, at best 2 days worth of content, 2nd best was u16 with raids, pvp and simaris, about 1 day worth of content.

I know it must be hard ya know in between your demeaning of de and such and blazing through just a minute amount of content they worked their asses of for but I'll provide you with this in case your too busy to look up what that update was for.https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/498793-update-17-echoes-of-the-sentient/#entry5587871

So u17 hit, i played few nodes on uranus with new tileset, beaten tyl regor, checked out new features namely sharkwing and parkour 2.0 and finally finished new quest.

Everything took me below 7 hours.

You can also argue about new guns and frame but then checking them out will add maybe 20 mins each to gameplay time.

Thats the extent of all new content brought by u17, besides that theres only grind.

Also its not only update which got such small amount of content, u7 had probably biggest amount of content, namely 2 new planetoids and 1 new boss, at best 2 days worth of content, 2nd best was u16 with raids, pvp and simaris, about 1 day worth of content.

I know it must be hard ya know in between your demeaning of de and such and blazing through just a minute amount of content they worked their asses of for but I'll provide you with this in case your too busy to look up what that update was for.https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/498793-update-17-echoes-of-the-sentient/#entry5587871

why complain?

Firstly, video gamers aren't the most well-adjusted of people.  Within any player base, you've got maybe 5% of people who really really like to complain.

DE practically encourages them to do it.  Here.

Edited by Fifield

I cant really say anything for other companies since I really don't play a lot of games online but Hearthstone updates probably once every few months with reasonable content but DE does live streams while keeping up to date with bugs and such with the forums. Also from my understanding DE is considerably smaller company with maybe 200 people while Blizzard has few thousands. In portion to games and content I think DE is doing fine and up to par.

Blizzard team for wow was few hundred until titan project was cancelled.

162 ppl were credited for cataclysm expansion, whole expansion not just single portion of it.

A lot of fans have wondered how much resources Blizzard put into making D3, now we know that the number of developers working on it when they shipped the game was 75. In camparison WoW had only 60 when it shipped.

http://i.imgur.com/HWk4LQa.jpg

https://youtu.be/xyvT166uCWw?t=3m50s

Do i need to continue??

Edited by Davoodoo

All I get from the OP is nothing but whining about being burned out. Boy if you've played through all Warframe has to offer and expect DE to hand you alot of content you might aswell stop playing. Your own fault there is nothing left for you to do.

I guess ppl shouldnt play more than 7 hours of content update and if they do F*** them its their fault theres nothing left to do.

Do you also go out of cinema after 15 minutes of movie then come back later to do the same with another 15 mintues to say how it took you week to watch that movie??

Burning out itself is sign of lack of content, you cant burn out if you constantly get something new to do, but sure theres no way to provide that much content and still have any profits from game, you can however you should be able to minimize it and not go bankrupt.

Edited by Davoodoo

To be fair the update of Cataclysm took over a year to make and WoW took at least 3 years before it was launched. Comparing DE to a successful big company with multiple worldwide known games seems unfair to me. Blizzard probably has better software , better equipment , better people , bigger playerbase to report bugs and such. Also just because your saying "Blizzard is a good company that delivers so much , but since DE can't be as good as them that means they are being lazy right?" no it just means Blizzard is straight up better at delivering or making content.

And they have like you worded it "better software , better equipment , better people , bigger playerbase to report bugs and such" because they are more succesful company.

They werent succesful to begin with they needed to work for it.

Wow development took 3 years and more than 60 ppl, but then compared to developing whole game from scratch developing content for it costs nearly nothing. 

Cataclysm development time is irrelevant as im speaking about content updates during its lifetime. During cataclysm lifetime they made 3 huge cotnent updates 6 months from each other, meanwhile in 3 months de gives us update which brings 7 hours of content collectively adding up to maybe a day worth of content per half a year.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/1-11

You can look it up. each raid alone provided at least 7 days worth of content for world best players, for average player it takes months to see final boss on normal and they may see final boss on hardest difficulty in next expansion when theyll be able to steamroll through content. Thats what i call long term goal btw.

And like i said, im not unreasonable, de wont provide as much content as wow, im aware of that, but they provide less content than indie devs red hook studios behind darkest dungeon and less content than secondary team from from software studio in their crowns dlc for dark souls 2.

And dont bullS#&$ me neither dark souls nor darkest dungeon are big projects, they are niche titles which need to avoid spending money to earn money.

And no im not saying warframe devs are lazy, im pretty sure they do what they should to earn their salary, however studio is developing sword coast legends now and i bet my &#! thats where most of manpower went. Warframe seems to be secondary project for de and company never treated it seriously and didnt provide enough manpower to produce content despite game holding up company since release of star trek game.

Edited by Davoodoo

Better not get in a argument about dev studio's xD

I know a few that produced games of very high quality with just 11-20 people onboard. While others had over 100 that done bugger all. The staffing level's dont really say much at all. It's the inhouse ideas and execution of those idea's thats most important.

The thing is theres allot of assets, artwork and creations ingame that may never make it into the official build for numerous reasons. Or might even be intentionally delayed if its reliant on another system thats are yet to be finished.

I liked it how 1 dev studio i was following about a year ago when they done a small updates. They would put a estimated time invested on exactly how much time the coding/art/audio for each addition. I remember at the bottom of the patch notes they also had recorded time invested in experimenting concepts. It was interesting to see some simple things ate up 70 hours or so. While others ate up as little as 2 hours.

Better not get in a argument about dev studio's xD

I know a few that produced games of very high quality with just 11-20 people onboard. While others had over 100 that done bugger all. The staffing level's dont really say much at all. It's the inhouse ideas and execution of those idea's thats most important.

The thing is theres allot of assets, artwork and creations ingame that may never make it into the official build for numerous reasons. Or might even be intentionally delayed if its reliant on another system thats are yet to be finished.

I liked it how 1 dev studio i was following about a year ago when they done a small updates. They would put a estimated time invested on exactly how much time the coding/art/audio for each addition. I remember at the bottom of the patch notes they also had recorded time invested in experimenting concepts. It was interesting to see some simple things ate up 70 hours or so. While others ate up as little as 2 hours.

Hey ive been studying programming, i know how much i could spend on optimizing some programs, up to 40 times as much as writing simple set of algorithms goes into experimenting on how to make it better, still ive never prioritized it over deadline and functions.

Edited by Davoodoo

What kind of new content do you expect from Warframe? And what amount of time do you think it will take to deliver that content?

Im not being paid for designing games.

But tbh, why not go with more quests

Theyre cheap to make, they reuse existing tilesets, enemies and even modes.

Look at natah for example, says youre defending bomb while mission still got standard cryopods.

They dont even need to be lore heavy, just be excuse to do stuff other than grinding, if de would bring 1 such quest for each devstream instead of alert it would already be huge improvement.

As time goes i would expect to get more or better quality of them but that would be a good start.

or put new planetoid since were running out of places to put bosses on.

Edited by Davoodoo

They did say they're working on refining the quest release system so pester them about it on Friday -

But there's a lot of core gameplay issues with Warframe, we just had an update whose focus was on that, and we're getting Starchart 3.0 and I don't want them to stop. I want them to keep fixing stuff so we get a proper progression system and fix mods and fix scaling and all that good stuff. I want less content.

I want reworks.

They did say they're working on refining the quest release system so pester them about it on Friday -

But there's a lot of core gameplay issues with Warframe, we just had an update whose focus was on that, and we're getting Starchart 3.0 and I don't want them to stop. I want them to keep fixing stuff so we get a proper progression system and fix mods and fix scaling and all that good stuff. I want less content.

I want reworks.

Cheers!

Im more about reason behind grind.

Grind in video game development serves 1 role, to prolong playtime without producing additional content which costs money. 

If de can make money without producing actual content then theyll never invest in content.

Increased amount of actual content would mean that grind is less succesful in keeping us playing, meaning theres less incentive to use it as a crutch.

Demanding more quality content is actually reducing amount of grind, while simple reduction of grind would mean i play less.

Because some ppl are willing to pay for their hobby and they want quality for their money.

Then free 2 play game isnt free, devs are being paid and even ppl who dont pay attract other customers and might become customers themselves in future.

free 2 play is no excuse for S#&$ as long as company is making profits out of it.

Lol there is no reason to be complaining. They just released an update and this game is still in beta, not to mention if you decide to spend money on this game that's their own problem. This game has been the same right from the get go.