Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do Mr Restrict Lor?

I took the time to read everything, and I can't agree with you more than I already can OP.

I'm MR20 and proud of it, but I would never dismiss a player as "inferior" just because he didn't grind for experience like mad. MR counts nothing if you can farm the whole game experience in less than a month without learning a thing.

But yeah, you and your friend should avoid doing Trials with randoms. It is unrewarding because people expect the impossible from you and still won't be happy. Feel free to remind them that a "noob low MR" screwed up their dignity that time, they deserve it. :D

A raid requires everybody to know their part in it before hand whether its something simple as disarming enemies or hacking.

Well, that's not strictly true, as some people had to be the first to do the Raid and figure it out as they went along.

What I mean is, it's possible for any team to do it and figure it out as they go along - especially if they have mics, but even with typing it's possible.

But people don't communicate - the art of communication in multiplayer games is almost a lost art.  (Plus it's a bit harder to type in a game with action-oriented combat than it used to be with tab-targeting combat MMOs and the like - but DE have made it about as easy as it can be in this game.)

The first thing people should do in something difficult is have a chat as soon as they enter the mission, establish who can do what, and when, what people are good at and not so good at (e.g. someone not so good at hacking shouldn't be asked to do hacking, that type of thing).  Establish who is the most experienced at the mission type, and let them explain things to people as they go.

But that would require some degree of both patience and understanding :)

Edited by Omnimorph

I love how people do this:

"Wow, you're not bringing maxed weapons? You're just leeching!"

*one game entrance later*

"Why are you killing things!? BWAHHH you're ruining us!"

That said, I always bring fully leveled stuff just because that's how I like to play it. I think asking for a maxed out Warframe is fine just because you generally need them for their abilities which only get maxed out at 30 because of the new system.

Sounds like you just had a terrible raid group.  This just makes it sound super awful for people who have never done it before when it's not.  9 times out of 10 they go pretty smoothly even with a couple new people in them.  Of course if I get invited to a raid where the host gives no direction, I take charge if no one else does.  

Any decent MR is fine, although I'm not a fan of bringing under MR7 generally.  Again, this is just an arbitrary number to show that you have some gear and may actually have the necessary mods.

Specific frames are asked for because they make the raid trivial and quick.  It's not elitism.  When you require 10 of each arcane to complete them that's what you want, quick and effective.  Just because you finished a raid with Chroma or Rhino and did lots of hacking doesn't mean anything.  Hacking or not, you're being carried through the raid.  Luckily it's easy to carry a handful of ill suited frames in the normal raid, but don't expect everyone to want to.

NM raid whole different story.  Specific frames and experience required.  These things are frustrating enough with the Hijack fails.  Always amazed how hard some people find it to just ...   stay ....  on a pad.  This is the primary skill you really need to master to up yourself to NM raids by the way.  The art of staying still.  Learn it and prosper.

Sounds like you just had a terrible raid group.  This just makes it sound super awful for people who have never done it before when it's not.  9 times out of 10 they go pretty smoothly even with a couple new people in them.  Of course if I get invited to a raid where the host gives no direction, I take charge if no one else does.  

Any decent MR is fine, although I'm not a fan of bringing under MR7 generally.  Again, this is just an arbitrary number to show that you have some gear and may actually have the necessary mods.

Specific frames are asked for because they make the raid trivial and quick.  It's not elitism.  When you require 10 of each arcane to complete them that's what you want, quick and effective.  Just because you finished a raid with Chroma or Rhino and did lots of hacking doesn't mean anything.  Hacking or not, you're being carried through the raid.  Luckily it's easy to carry a handful of ill suited frames in the normal raid, but don't expect everyone to want to.

NM raid whole different story.  Specific frames and experience required.  These things are frustrating enough with the Hijack fails.  Always amazed how hard some people find it to just ...   stay ....  on a pad.  This is the primary skill you really need to master to up yourself to NM raids by the way.  The art of staying still.  Learn it and prosper.

No ones carried me through any raid, wether its my first time or not. Even if you're just standing on a panel or hacking you're doing your part. You might trivialize those roles but its a role someone else didnt do. Wether or not they CAN do it is irrelevant because they didnt do it.Hacking is no less important then snow globe or Molecular Prime because if he didnt hack then no one would be carrying the battery or destroying the injectors or getting anyone on panels.

No ones carried me through any raid, wether its my first time or not. Even if you're just standing on a panel or hacking you're doing your part. You might trivialize those roles but its a role someone else didnt do. Wether or not they CAN do it is irrelevant because they didnt do it.Hacking is no less important then snow globe or Molecular Prime because if he didnt hack then no one would be carrying the battery or destroying the injectors or getting anyone on panels.

The point is that you can hack those panels while playing Nova and using MP or using Frost and laying down globes.  If you are in a squad who are all using useful frames AND know what they are doing, you're getting carried if you take Chroma.  In the case that you are one of the only ones who knows how to complete the objectives, sure, you're contributing.  But you could be contributing more.

I'd have problem with a lvl 19 Vauban too. I don't care what level your weapons are as long as you got at least 1 good wep, but an under-ranked warframe deserves the boot. Why? Because your mods and abilities aren't maxed out. You're a good player? It's a PUB, I can't take chances. I don't know how you play.

I think one reason low MR's aren't asked for in raids is because they usually only have a few frames, and so can't be flexible if the group composition needs to be.

Only point what i see in mr lock is that low rank players may not have exprience or required mods for LoR. However once pretty much required gang is in (frost,nova,trinity,vauban,extra high energy pool carrier) and all those knows what to do, i couldnt care less of frame or mr who comes after those. As long they do what they been told to do without any objections(in terms of mission).

MR here is like your ego.

The more you have, the more "badly" you behave.

I just finished MR17 yesterday. Still, i help everyone like i was MR0, since i USED to be that. I'm not better then anyone, heck, my friend, when he's on the right mood, he get's me in a corner with his playing style, and he just scrached MR10.

MR should be only a restriction for weapons and stuff. Not for "having skills".

The point is that you can hack those panels while playing Nova and using MP or using Frost and laying down globes.  If you are in a squad who are all using useful frames AND know what they are doing, you're getting carried if you take Chroma.  In the case that you are one of the only ones who knows how to complete the objectives, sure, you're contributing.  But you could be contributing more.

In my eyes, contribution is contribution.

I'd have problem with a lvl 19 Vauban too. I don't care what level your weapons are as long as you got at least 1 good wep, but an under-ranked warframe deserves the boot. Why? Because your mods and abilities aren't maxed out. You're a good player? It's a PUB, I can't take chances. I don't know how you play.

I think one reason low MR's aren't asked for in raids is because they usually only have a few frames, and so can't be flexible if the group composition needs to be.

You can't take chances yet taking some random dude is a chance in itself. A LoR on requires 4 competent people anyway.

I just finished MR17 yesterday. Still, i help everyone like i was MR0, since i USED to be that. I'm not better then anyone, heck, my friend, when he's on the right mood, he get's me in a corner with his playing style, and he just scrached MR10.

My thoughts exactly. People try to justify it but it never works. Im MR14 and I can say ive played with lowers whoo were better then me or knew more than me. Im also more informed than my clans founder and he's MR15. I caught up to him so quickly. He didnt even know there was a raid, carrier Prime or Ash Prime, along with loads other stuff, like passives.

And here it goes back into generalising high MR's as elitist and having bad behaviour.  Meanwhile in the real world, most MR 19 or 20's see themselves as exactly what they are, completionists.  The last giant a-hole elitist I raided with was MR12.  He was a real jerk to everyone.  I have to conclude then that all MR12's are elitists.  Those MR 12's....

I don't play with people who ask for a resume.

I try not to but sometimes ill bite the bullet, and my tongue

And here it goes back into generalising high MR's as elitist and having bad behaviour.  Meanwhile in the real world, most MR 19 or 20's see themselves as exactly what they are, completionists.  The last giant a-hole elitist I raided with was MR12.  He was a real jerk to everyone.  I have to conclude then that all MR12's are elitists.  Those MR 12's....

Every 19 ive played with has been an A hole so you will have to excuse me. I can only em like i see em.

I look at MR as Prestige in other games.

Frankly because you need to play pretty much a lot of frames if you want to go for high MR, you will get a better understanding of what certain frames do at certain times, which a player who is sitting at a lower MR might not have, but that doesn't mean he is a bad or inexperienced player. Most of people with high MR decided to level MR, because of boredom, and that's about it. 

To me it doesn't matter weather you're MR0 or 20, you're  a fellow Warframe player and unless you're being a $&*^ wont have a problem with you, and will gladly play with you together. 

I look at MR as Prestige in other games.

Frankly because you need to play pretty much a lot of frames if you want to go for high MR, you will get a better understanding of what certain frames do at certain times, which a player who is sitting at a lower MR might not have, but that doesn't mean he is a bad or inexperienced player. Most of people with high MR decided to level MR, because of boredom, and that's about it. 

To me it doesn't matter weather you're MR0 or 20, you're  a fellow Warframe player and unless you're being a $&*^ wont have a problem with you, and will gladly play with you together. 

..........you're positivity is seriously pissing me off. Warframes forums are for rage, ignorance, complaining about Ash, MESA and Saryn(or whoever/whatever you think is hindering your fun without knowing squat about it) and arguing about things that you know nothing about. If you're not going to add to any of these catagories, please leave.

Contradicting yourself much? Higher MR = Worse behavior. Me Higher MR = Same as always.

K.

On topic: Recruit chat holds risk for both the host and the client. I'm mostly the host, so I experience the other side. 3/4 parties fail due to ppl not doing their jobs. When I see unmaxed frames in my raid party I immediately rehost without said client. Then, that one run is extremely hard due to the lack of communication, bugs, etc. Throw in the occasional new guy who doesn't know anything and won't listen.

Not maxed gear? Presume bad gameplay.

And I could continue this list.

However, the host's behavior DURING the raid was inexcusable. That, I agree with.

Contradicting yourself much? Higher MR = Worse behavior. Me Higher MR = Same as always.

K.

On topic: Recruit chat holds risk for both the host and the client. I'm mostly the host, so I experience the other side. 3/4 parties fail due to ppl not doing their jobs. When I see unmaxed frames in my raid party I immediately rehost without said client. Then, that one run is extremely hard due to the lack of communication, bugs, etc. Throw in the occasional new guy who doesn't know anything and won't listen.

Not maxed gear? Presume bad gameplay.

And I could continue this list.

However, the host's behavior DURING the raid was inexcusable. That, I agree with.

After you said you judge based on whats equipped, i stopped reading. Nothing anyone ever says can justify that to me. Im living proof its never true.